QTDDTOTT

QTDDTOTT Questions That Dont Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Old

best dick exercise for mass?

routine check me senpai.

basically greyskull but I don't like 3x5 rep range

I found an old barbell in my basement, but one of the pieces slides off when I put the weights on. Also are there caps where I can put the weights on and hold them there?

clicking in upper back sometimes when i retract my scapula, often tingly and sore around the same area, tight shoulder (i'm thinking it must be related). i still lift, and that doesn't seem to make it any better or worse (except maybe on heavy OHPs, which i do less of now), but it's annoying and uncomfortable af. help...

not sure why you think you need dips and chins in there...

if tou want something, curls and calves maybe

maybe

post pic of the end with the thing off

When running, does it matter if I breath through my mouth or my nose?
Mouth feels more natural since I can get more air but some people said I should breath through my nose instead.

So does it matter?

probably infraspinatus (muscle just below the spine of the scapula)

poke around on it and look for sore spots. most likely somw just below the spine toward the inner edge.

Looks solid. I'd prefer to have a 2:1 deadlift to squat ratio though.

i was told in grade school to breathe through my nose to warm the air

indians used to go on runs in the desert with a mouthful of water the werent supposed to swallow as a test of their willpower

practically, though it doesnt matter

I'm at work now but those things at the ends.

penile thickening surgery

>with the thing off

so I could see the way the end of the bar is cut to attach it

might be a nut, might be a set screw, might be a c clip, or something else entirely

when cutting, do you have to take breaks every few months? Currently trying to cut 20 pounds off my physique and wondering if I have to pause during these 4 months.

just do a refeed every 2 weeks

forgive me, what's a refeed? is it necessary at a 500 calorie deficit?

What does Veeky Forums think of deadlift variations?

was thinking about picking up sumo deadlift

First-time here on Veeky Forums. I'm about 13 months into my workout, I was previously obese and realized I needed to improve myself. My workout is an 8 km (5 mile) walk/jog every day and calorie counting thanks to a FitBit, aiming for 1,000 calorie deficit a day. On days I don't work out as much I reduce my calorie intake accordingly. I don't do any other kinds of working out aside from stretching, and aside from my walking I'm relatively sedentary. My legs are in awesome shape but I've only lost a little belly fat and I've plateaued for the last 3 months.

My question is this: will my stomach fat go away if I do enough jogging, or should I adjust my workout? If so, what are some good exercises for burning stomach fat? I'm not in good enough shape to do sit-ups and my crunches are pretty lame.

no you dont have to.

lyle mcdonald has a structured refeed/diet break schedule that depends on your bodyfat levels.

most people do a cheat meal or cheat day every week or two.

cheat meal

theyre fine. not really a sub for conventional though. sumo is better for competition for people with short arms, but conventional off blocks is probably a better exercise

is this okay to build muscle? I workout in the morning and after I don't really have much to eat, maybe a small pot of ff greek yogurt (150 cals), and then the next time I eat is after work, about 7 o'clock. I get my protein and calories in, but I use dirty foods to do it in such a short time like a pint of ice cream.

does the food choice matter to build muscle and does the timing of my calories and protein matter to bulk?

thanks i'll look into this

take a day to eat at maintenance every 2 weeks, with those extra calories preferably coming from carbs.

it's not necessary but can be used to break through a plateau

Neat. thanks!

if you plateaued, youre not running a deficit

calorie deficit is what gives weight loss

kcals + protein + stimulus + recovery = growth

consistency is much more importan than timing or food cleanliness

Any way to tighten sloped neck skin?

if weightloss doesnt do it, surgery is really the only option.

sorry.

But I'm natty Han brolo

youll still be youtube natty

>if you plateaued, youre not running a deficit
>calorie deficit is what gives weight loss
Alright, assuming that there's error in the calorie counting happening (FitBit giving inaccurate info or I'm not inputing the right calorie values) if I keep running a 1,000 calorie deficit, will my stomach fat go away properly if I just keep running every day? It's droopier and less attractive than it was a year ago despite losing more than 50 pounds (mostly off the legs and hips).

1 lb of weight loss is a 3500 kcal deficit. if the scales not moving, youre not losing. regardless of how youre counting. its a data trumps theory thing.

tighten skin? maybe maybe not. skin elasticity is mostly genetics (though things like smoking can make it worse).

maybe your tummy does look worse, but youre 50 lbs healthier and your face and body in clothes probably both look loads and loads better.

worst case: you wear one piece bathing suits in the summer to hide the loose skin and look 50 lbs slimmer and sleeker than you did a year ago.

So i have carpal tunnel and can't feel the tips of my fingers on my right hand. I've been told to take 2-3 weeks off work while it recovers.

How bad of an idea is to continue lifting for those 3 weeks?

Okay, thanks. I've been hearing conflicting opinions about the issue, I'll add this one to the pile. I think I'm still going to add some crunches to my post-workout routine all the same, it can't hurt to do so.

anyone know of a good quality, comprehensive movement quality assessment process i can self administer?

starrett's supple leopard stuff lacks structure

cook's athletic body in balance is pretty limited

I am going to start adding preacher curls to my bicep accessories and was wondering what should I put the weight on if I use an ez bar (25lb bar). I notmally hit 3x10 at 30lbs when doing dumbell curls and hammer curls.

core strength is good but you cant spot reduce (i.e. exercise doesnt make you skinny just where you work your muscles). fat comes off from all over all at once. how much and from where is genetic.

id suggest stuart mcgill's big three rather than crunches for core work. its better for your back and more comprehensive core work. (lots of videos out there. just google stuat mcgill big three)

lifting kight or might not make it worse. depends on the exact cause.

triggerpoints.net. might help.

fingertip numbness is also a sign of diabetes. i hope your doc checked for that.

im guessing you want to know how mich weight you should put on the bar.

start with jusr the bar and work up to a weight you can do 8-12 reps with moving only at the elbows. dont cheat your reps.

After feeling my wrist she seemed pretty convinced it was CTS. I had none of the other signs for diabetes, but im having a blood test tomorrow anyway so i guess i'll find out.

okay. just thought id ask.

what other muscles than legs should u work to help ur deadlift

like another user said, weight loss is like taking water out of a bath tub. You can take as much water out of it as you like, but you can't shape it.

Should I add any accessory work to Greyskull or just stick to the 3 lifts a day?

also, grip imbalance might be a contributing factor to cts. you typically have much stronger hand closing strength than hand opening strength.

training hand opening muscles isnt usually a problem though since they get work stabilizing the wrist (i.e. holding the wrist straight) when you close your hand.

but you can train hand opening with rubber hands wrapped around your fingers and thumo

grip, abs, grip, lats, grip

noob? stick to the basic lifts for now. maybe do curls for 3x10 once a week after your workout if you want.

Im getting a tattoo in a few weeks (yes yes degeneration now fuck off) , how do I keep it clean while going to the gym 5 times p/week ? Someone told me it could get infected

Good dumbbell isolation exercise?
Thinking about finally adding some accesories to my program.
Would biceps and triceps be enough or should I add anything else?

This is embarrassing but I pissed myself tonight. I was dreaming I had to go to the bathroom really badly and then I noticed warmth in my briefs and woke up.

Should I concerned myself with this? I'm 27 year old. I also started taking ZMA half a month ago and I read report of people having really vivid dreams.

big gauze squares and elastic medical tape

depends what you need. generally isolation work is for small/weak parts.

once is not a problem. regular incontinence at your age is pretty serious. if it happens again, see an MD.

Good dumbbell tricep isolation exercise?
Thinking about finally adding some accesories to my program.
Would biceps and triceps be enough or should I add anything else?

All I can suggest is go to the bathroom before bed and avoid water a few hours before bed.

Otherwise just view it as an isolated one-time thing. I've pissed the bed once or twice as an adult and I have no idea why. Just happens once in a blue moon.

see the second part of

I drink like a liter of tea before I go to bed, because I need to take ZMA capsules and I'm really bad at taking pills. Also in the morning I have dry mouth as fuck and I'm thirsty. Fit has instilled fear in me that I will die of dehydration so I drink a fuckload of water and tea.

well you have drymouth because you're drinking tea.

Again, if it's just a one-time thing don't worry about it too much. If it happens more than once consider seeing a doctor

arms not getting any size gains. Is it retarded to do curls, skull crushers and chin ups like every other day?

currently 6'1" 250lbs on a maintenance diet been gaining a lot of strength recently... should i cut so i'm not a fat ass anymore or what

Is taking Adenosine a meme?

eat food
use enough weight
dont cheat the movement
do the basic lifts (squat, bench, dead, row, etc) first
repeat for a couple years

yes

you could stand to lose 50 lbs probably

1st edition SS had you do Bench and Deadlift on the same day, but 3rd edition has you OHP and Deadlift on the same day. Why was it changed?

im 178cm, and was skinnyfat 86kg three months ago, started weightlifting eating in deficit, right now i am 80kg.

aesthetically i'm much better although there is some fat to go, and i was somehow able to gain some mass

just downloaded a calorie counter app, discovered i was eating more calories than i thought, now im worried i wasted this period i was able to gain some muscles while losing fat eating more than i should

how bad is that?

Do you recommend for a woman the GreySkullLP routine or should she go for StrongCurves or another workout?

Should she do cardio after workout/off days?

Asking for a friend..

I know it sounds dumb but... how do I efficently count the calories Im eating?

What can I do to strengthen my lower back before using free weights? I've tried a few times but end up injuring it and being out for two to four weeks before I can lift again.

Anything I can do (machines, stretches etc) before I try again?

How do I cure over pronation?

Do you add sugar when counting carbs? I know you subtract fibers but the sugar is what concerns me.

balance
bench and deadlift are both heavy
press and clean are lighter
one of each makes the stress more even from workout to workout

How do I make the Dumbbell less intimidating for me at the gym...

I'm at the very beginning of starting off my road to gains, have a good protein and carb diet going along with measly knowledge of what workouts to do to work certain areas, but can still do basic workouts.

All the 'routines' I'lve look at involve using the barbell but every time I go to use it I feel like I'm gonna be a dumbass with it. I'm sticking to using dumbells for now but I want to advance.

Keep in mind my metabolism my entire life is platinum and I'm lanky as fuck, trying to bulk.

only matters whether youre getting to your goal or not. if kcals look weird but youre gaining or losing as appropriate, its fine.

depends what she wants.

generic noob training programs are fine for girls.

unless youre playing a sport though you dont *need* much more than light exercise like walking and push ups to be healthy

bathroom scale and a regression calculation

collect daily data of your weight (first thing in the morning after you piss but before you eat is good. fit a curve to the data, then look at the average rate of change. 1 lb of change per time period is 3500 kcals of surplus/deficit

google stuart mcgill big three

How long have you been lifting?

read the sticky. Spot reduction isn't a thing.

Just use it and learn.

>press is light
idk fampai, pressing 135 for 3x5 is pretty fucking heavy at this point kek

sugar is part of carbs

forefoot strike and foamroll hips, particularly the external rotators. if you dont know them, google them.

lighter weights

compared to bench, dumbass

and yes 135 is still a light press

I weigh 170 tho...

but is losing 6kg fat in 3 months decent? or should/could i have lost more?

only impreasive if female

a heavy press starts at bodyweight

thats what? half a kilo a week? its fine.

What if I have weak hip rotators? Would that be a cause or a result of over pronation?

Thank you sir

depends. could be compensating for weakness with tightess or you could be unstable.

the dominant idea in rehab right now is mobilize then stabilize, though. if you keep it mobile and work on good form, that should be enough.

Due to nut allergies, I can't eat peanut butter or take protein powder. What else can I consume for protein other than meat?

Can you take soy or hemp protein powder? Or just none at all?

vegan/vegetarian?

egg or fish (if lacto-ovo or pescetarian), hemp, rice, soy (not good, but better than nothing), etc. plenty of options for powders.

beans are decent for protein, too.

is rowing (in a boat, not using a row machine) a viable method of working out?

I have a nut allergy and have protein powder. MyProtein is nut free.

Res to my protein comes from milk, tuna, eggs, chicken and beef mainly.

yes.

kind of equipment intensive though, what with neesing a boat and a body of water.

BCAAs

your body can make the nonessential amino acids with adequate kcals

>good form
How do I work on that while walking?

Is it unreasonable to aim for macros only, take a multivitamin, and just hope the micros work out?

Assuming I'm eating a reasonably varied diet and not 10 McChickens a day

pioint knees forward, point second toe forward, roll from heel to toe, walk barefoot alot

katy bowman has a bunch of stuff on her website about good walking biomechanics

nutritiousmovement.com

not the only resource, but a start

not great but you could do worse

I'm trying to lose 100 pounds from 307 to 207 or so (or even 180 if it's doable/healthy)

I already go to the gym every other day and try to bike in my rest days 30-40 minutes a day.

I can work a good sweat, but I don't seem to be making that much progress with weight loss. I'm only losing 1-2 pounds a week. Any way I can accelerate that or is that already a healthy weight loss schedule?

I'll be on vacation in the Caribbean when winter break hits in a couple weeks. I'm 6'2 160 lbs, have been trying to gain weight for a few months so that has been accompanied by some fat.

Is it worth it to cut for two weeks just to look good on the beach and maybe get laid, or should I keep bulking?

Up to you, I would just try and keep up with fluids green tea/water and cut out a bit of carbs before the trip to get a nice cut going

fuck if that guy on the left lifted hard he could easily leave humanity behind

Starting my fitness journey. What are the best websites/apps for tracking my calories?

1-2 lbs a week is fine

exercise is mostly for your health, not for weight loss. deficits are easier to create by just not eating so much.

just enjoy your vacation.

Don't rush weight loss, control your diet and keep working hard, beginner gains always slows down the weight loss initially because you're gaining muscle, but this helps burn more calories passively.

Keep up the great work

sounds good yeah, I'm leaning towards a casual cut, nothing too intense. thanks

thanks satan!