Earliest depictions of Adam and Eve story show them eating mushrooms, not apples

>Earliest depictions of Adam and Eve story show them eating mushrooms, not apples.
>Tombs from Jesus era have dried mushrooms and marijuana.
>Early Hinduism and other Eastern and Indo-Aryan religions were based around a drink called Soma which brought on visions (often thought to be a muhsroom tea or Opiate drink)
>Ancient Greeks and Romans used to use Ergot wine in religious ceremonies a proto (very dangerous) form of LSD.
>Mesoamericans and Native Americans used to trade Magic Mushrooms and Peyote and San Pedro like gold.

Daily reminder that basically all religion were ancient people sitting around doing psychedelics and going "DUDE...WEEEEEED"

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394006006392?_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_origin=gateway&_docanchor=&md5=b8429449ccfc9c30159a5f9aeaa92ffb&ccp=y
eocinstitute.org/meditation/buddhist-monk-meditation-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Really makes you think

I've always wondered what modern religion would be like if they actually kept their psychedelic roots.

If you've ever done psychedelics you know it can be a very spiritual experience. My experience with Shrooms, especially the first time was one of interconnectedness with all of nature and life and I'm an extremely cynical person.
I know theoretically how Psychedelics work though, they sort of take away your brains filters and let you process information without your brain filtering everything to not make reality as chaoitic and weird as it actually is. Psychedelics also fire that part of the brain that activates when you hear like a loud bang, meaning you are surprised by pretty much everything.
Ancient people had no clue about chemistry or biochemistry or neurology though so it's pretty logical to them that it was some gateway to a spiritual realm.
Look at the shit in the bible describing angels and god, it's literally just the descriptions of people with a breakthrough trip. You can read people seeing shit like that on Erowid all day. (pic related, biblical description of god)

i remember nearly every time i took shrooms i'd see eyes on everything.

>Earliest depictions of Adam and Eve
>posts something from the 13th century

weird cause for me it just made all my family photos have aphex twin smiles

that's because you're projecting your own consciousness onto various objects, or maybe everything in your peripheral field and hallucinating at the same time

duude, isnt that when the christian crusades were invented? doesn't get more o.g. than that. no one ever expects the spanish inquisition ahahaha

That's an angel

Actually, I'm wrong. Sorry

>Ancient Greeks and Romans used to use Ergot wine in religious ceremonies a proto (very dangerous) form of LSD.

Imagine willingly drinking St Anthony's Fire to actually trip. It would be fucking awful.

But that image does not show mushrooms. It's a stylized tree -- he apple can be seen next to Eve's right elbow.

That's not a mushroom, it's a shitty tree.

this explain some things.

I've had mystical experience though meditation without the use of substances. You don't need it, and people who's first mystical experiences are though a material substance then tend to use that substance as a crutch.

if you dont do and advocate, or in anyway inhibit societies use of psychadelics ur a subhuman and definitely cant be patrician

haha ok kid
what did you experience and what were you sitting on at the time?

d00d w33d so spiritual and enlightening
t. brainlets

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394006006392?_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_origin=gateway&_docanchor=&md5=b8429449ccfc9c30159a5f9aeaa92ffb&ccp=y

eocinstitute.org/meditation/buddhist-monk-meditation-2/

It's objective that the brain changes during meditation. Nothing is even up for debate at this point.

>Adam and Eve story show them eating mushrooms, not apples
point me to the verse in genesis or anywhere in the bible that says eve ate an apple, brainlet.

you didn't experience anything

>>the bible contains the original adam and eve story

fuck off and don't post here brainlet

The self is the spiritually enlightening component, drugs are a mere light that shines on the gateway.