Who /pendlayrow/ here?

Who /pendlayrow/ here?

is this the stronglifts barbell row? then me! i don't know fuck all about lifting.

I do it with DBs. Feels good, senpai

rip back

>pendlay rows will destroy your back
Guess how I know that you're weak?

Every back day.

150 kg pendlay rower here. My only back movement along with diddys.

> back
Why back? At the very least you should have said chest.

When I go overboard, I smash the bar against my chest so quickly that I lose my breathe and have to stop doing rows

And it's still sore the day after, so forget about doing chest. Because as soon as the bar touches your chest, you're fucked

same desu, feels like a elite autism club to me

>that rounded lower back

Go ahead, do your meme-rows, keeps the chiropractors busy.

I always feel like Im doing it wrong

are you retarded?

are you supposed to go heavy on pendlays normally? nothing wrong with always going for upwards of 10 reps for this exercise?

not me that's for sure. my back is completely wrecked each time.

probably got shit core muscles... but yeah, get acid buildup in my legs and my back always hurts after so I just do seated row instead

This doesnt hurt at all compared to a row like yates row where its a deadhang

youre on Veeky Forums

did you really have to ask?

Seal row master race reporting in
Finally found a gym that has the right setup to do them, shit is so cash

Oh shit am i supposed to bring them to my stomach? I bring them to my chest.

What?

Pendlay rows get you to hit the bar to your chest. If you pull too quickly, you have how ever much weight you're lifting going directly towards your chest

Hell, even 95 lbs would hurt

I get pain in my left hand's lower palm when I go heavy (4me) on these

not sure what's up but it generally keeps me from these and I stick to pull ups instead

Thats the cue I always followed. Bringing it to my belly button. Makes me really use my lats as I need to pull it close to me like how you need to pull the bar to you in a deadlift.

the worst row variant, not actually invented by glenn pendlay, popularized by a guy who deadlifts 405 after like a decade of training and ripped off SS and added a few sets to it

no thanks i'll pass

I do but I have a hard time not using my legs to help bring the weight up.

i do these for the 5x5 stronglift workout. I never see people at gym do these though.

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Complete pain in the ass to figure out proper form cues.

>having the proportions of fucking Stretch Armstrong left out in the sun too long.

> I smash the bar against my chest so quickly that I lose my breathe and have to stop doing rows

Not sure if you intended, but the image of this had me laughing for like 30 seconds straight.

because they fucking suck shit

do dumbbell rows and actually develop your back or any number of numerous non-meme row variants

you are literally doing an exercise only stronglifts memesters do, popularized by some weak clueless faggot named Medhi

Doing it

How to make my back have proper form?

I feel I'm doing it wrong

I like to alternate between pendlay row and cable row every back work out

pendlay row is to regular row the same thing a push press is to ohp

I've been doing pendlay rows every workout but only recently learned how to do them right. Huge difference IMO. Gonna try switching to doing bent over rows on my bench day to see which gives me better developement.

What's the best way to imitate a pendlay row for a person with a bulging disc who can't support large amounts of weight with their back?

Dumbbell rows feel like shit tier exercises.

T bar master race reporting

can i replace bent over row with pendlay rows?
im doing PHUL

Enjoy your broken back. Smart people do t-bar rows.

enjoy not training your back, while you could be. do you also leg press instead of squat so you don't have to use your back there too?

Arnold did Pendlay rows?
truly and literally ahead of his time. what a guy

dyel?

You're doing it wrong

Where´s the point of using my back if I want to train legs?

One armed dumbbell row is probably the best replacement if your back can't handle pendlay row.
It might feel shit tier, but it's really not.

because you can train both at the same time. unless you're doing a split, there's no reason not to do compound exercises where possible.

Uh, because one is useless without the other?

stand straight
unlock knees and go down slightly
now make your back parallel to the ground
grip the bar, get tight and pull it towards your belly

You're confusing a barbell row with pendlay

Post pic of back, i want to know if it is worth it. Also, 150 holy shit kilos