Why is there a bad smell coming from inside my nose/nostrils and how can I fix it...

Why is there a bad smell coming from inside my nose/nostrils and how can I fix it? If I slightly squeeze the sides of my nose near the bottom or put it up against something like clothes or my arm I can really smell it and it stinks. I can also smell it sometimes at school and I'm pretty sure everyone else can smell it too.

Brush your teeth and use a bit of mouth wash.

I had a real bad sinus problem a few weeks back, runny nose and everything. I had a funny smell in my nose so I checked in the mirror and found a tiny stinkbug in my right nostril. I heard putting protein powder in your nose helps with sinuses and gains so the little guy was probably attracted to that. Haha

What you're describing can not be detected by other people unless they are very in your face and sniffing the edges of your nose.

Basically only people you are making out with are going to catch a whiff.

Beyond that scrubbing the nasal areas or using cleansers or applying charcoal bakingsoda drawing salves whatever will all have very limited effect other than wearing away at the flesh and it'll just go back to making those smells later anyway.

Be comforted by the fact that it is something you're self-conscious about and it's not as big a deal as you make it out to be.

sometimes If I don't brush my tongue I'll smell/taste my bad breathe.
I also have tonsil stones, which give me bad breathe.

Check for tonsil stones.

I'm pretty positive others within at least a 5 foot radius can smell it.

Ask them.

I know you're fairly certain that other people can smell it, but that's the self-consciousness talking. For real.

My friend asked me if I shower and I've heard people say stuff about how I stink, so I'm pretty positive they can smell it.

What does it smell like? I think I have the same problem, but I only can smell it when I clear my mind and fix my posture..

Hey, I have a similar problem. I have exercise-induced rhinitis (runny nose after cardio) which causes mucous to drain into my throat, where it forms tonsiloliths (tonsil stones). The tonsiloliths smell bad.

Check the back of your throat for tonsiloliths. Have an Ear-nose-throat doctor look for tonsiloliths if you can't find any. Worst case, he finds no tonsiloliths but checks your nose for something stinking anyway.

Also I've found that for ~1 day after picking my nose, my body compensates by producing more nasal mucous. So try to pick your boogers less.

Also I try to breathe through my mouth when I'm alone. Tonsilolith bacteria thrive in anoxic conditions and breathing through your mouth will obviate the problem of your nose smell introducing a bad aroma into air passing through your nose.

Filth, grease, and unwashed hair

Mouth - breathing is a bad habit.

Yeah I smell it too. I pick my nose often and I feel that it might be the smell of skin, cartilage and hair growing back.

.........waaaaait a minute.

Do you shower?

Friday when I cleaned my nose in the morning I couldn't smell the stink at school.

What do you mean "cleaned your nose"

Pretty much picked it and tried to get all the residue from mucous and boogers out.

I tried squeezing my nose together and yeah I smell it too

I think it's just garbage that accumulates there over time, your body is doing what it's supposed to. you could probably clean it somehow, never bothered me

Alright thats what I thought... your nose is a natural self-cleaning machine, picking it is a BAD HABIT

also, CHECKE M

>picking it is a BAD HABIT
I don't really like feeling all that nasty shit in my nose. Plus it sometimes makes it harder to breath through

Bump

Bump

consider doing this

and this

if you have rhinitis or sinuitis, consider boosting your immune system with 2000IE Vitamin D a day.

Vitamin D and inhaling peppermint oil (be carefull, mix it with boiling water and inhale the damp, use not too much peppermint oil) can also help reduce inflammation.

Bump

Had one of these. Hard letting them go desu.

use a netty pot or whatever the fuck they're called, like suggested

Do you smoke OP?

I noticed it when I quit smoking. Inhaled smoke mixing with my boogers and piling up.

Use a netti pot and blow your nose out in the shower once it gets steamy