Saying that you've got a "home gym" just because you happen to own workout equipment that happens to reside inside your...

Saying that you've got a "home gym" just because you happen to own workout equipment that happens to reside inside your home is a quick way to signal to everyone that you're never going to make it.
It's the equivalent of saying that you've got a home restaurant because you've got a kitchen or an indoor heated swimming pool because you've got a tub in your bathroom.

I agree most are absolutely poverty tier.

I have a basic home gym (Cage, oly bar, plates) but I still go to a decent old school bodybuilding type gym.

Also nothing beats the atmosphere of a good old school type gym

that pic is like upper-middle class white dad core

my home gym is pretty good though
>bench press with leg attachment
>lat machine
>squat rack
>pullup bar
>punching bag
>dumbbells
>treadmill
>row machine
>couple bars, plenty of plates
>floor mats, mirror,

going to a gym is scary and you can't get as good a workout cause u are not relaxed and in your zone. also i can workout anytime i want with my home gym. home gym is just much better.

all you need is a bench and a power rack

everything else is a waste of money and time

I have a bench, a treadmill and a bike. It cost me next to nothing compared to gym membership. Why would I go to an overpriced dirty normie place with terrible loud normie music and dyel narcissists?

I wish there were more of these... How do I find one?

i live in the boondocks, like literally the closest gym is an hour away. so, i bought a barbell, bench and power rack for my home. all together still cost cheaper than a single year's membership at a gym. now working out is as easy as stepping into my living room. don't have to wipe anybody else's sweat off my bench, don't have to wait for people to finish using the equipment.

plus it's hot as fuck banging my qt korean gf on my bench whenever she comes over.

Oh shit. Just found a power lifting gym about 10mins walk from my house. Looks comfy af. I better get in there before January.

i got to a 500 deadlift in a home gym before i left for college

motivation comes from you, you gigantic pussy, not from going to some arbitrary place

Nyr's don't go to powerlifting gyms.

what is Nyr?

I assume he mean the new years resolution assholes who ruin gyms for 1-2 months at the beginning of every year.

New year resolutioners

''This year I'm going to get in shape!''

do garden gyms count ?
all i need now is the mirrors

>power rack + dip bars addon
>bench
>barbell
>plates
>framed pictures of Ned Flanders lifting

What the fuck else do you need?

Leg press

Thigh abducter.

a dlift platform so you don't destroy the plates and the floor

This, objectively the most important and useful machine in a gym.

A lunk alarm.

>cables
>leg press
>hack squat machine

this, or at least those floor mat things some gyms have

rubber flooring bruv!?

built with me own foking bare hands m8

yeeaah

>no barbells
>no power rack

4/10 nice dumbells tho

Looks comfy af

Nice work

>Why wont people come to my gym and pay me money

I know this is bait, but for the young impressionable minds out there, i'll let you know that fir $500 and a bit of scouring on craigslist, i've got the following in my garage:

>half rack
>7 ft barbell
>adjustable commercial grade bench
>leg extension attachment
>400lbs plates
>ez bar

This allows me to do the following exercises :
>bench
>incline bench
>squats
>deadlifts
>OHP
>pullups
>shrugs
>calf raises
>curls
>skullcrushers

In other words, i can do everything you do at the gym, except i can go whenever i want, wearing nothing but boxer briefs and shoes, no waiting, no travel time, no brushing snow off my car, no stinky smelly dotheads wearing polo shirts, no screaming lunks, blast whatever music i want, etc.

There is no reason to pay a gym membership if you have the space in your home. You wouldn't pay to rent kitchen space if your home had room for a kitchen. You wouldn't pay monthly dues to a "sleep club" if your home had room for a bedroom. Your analogies are inapt because restaurants and pools are occasional luxuries while lifting is a near daily part of life.

>I can't even afford to go to a gym let alone buy my own equipment so I'm going to try to make you all feel like you're inadequate

Nice stuff man, but I know that if I did my workouts at home, I would not push myself to my limits. I like the gym atmosphere and I don't think I'd be able to recreate it in my house

This. Rich white Dad who doesn't workout anyway. Just has it to show it off to house guests

This is what I want basically. Shed in the backyard with electricity and a space heater. Good to go.

I don't get my motivation from other people. You are essentially paying a monthly fee to have people watch you work out

I just bought one of those massage chairs on slick deals like two weeks ago. Definitely putting it in my gym now.

>upper middle class
>white

You don't have to repeat yourself.

More likely than you'd think