What martial arts are beginner friendly for late bloomers?

What martial arts are beginner friendly for late bloomers?
Seems like a waste, to have a muscular body and not knowing how to fight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4
mcdojo-faq.tripod.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=RhgOtbbU1UM
youtube.com/watch?v=kItU8sK7jgg
youtube.com/watch?v=N_JMkptIuko
youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3oCDRMyKI
youtube.com/watch?v=AIIPvNlKW2o
youtube.com/watch?v=exYXeMkpoCM
youtube.com/watch?v=eToXYoH0cjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

learn kung fu from a proper master, none of that shaolin 5 tiger hoofplant form bullshit.

I liked Muay Thai
There was also a certain school of kung Fu which was developed especially for people like you,(ie office people) but I can't remember what it's called

learn how to box and BJ and you have everything covered

no need for some fancy kung fu spin kicks and useless shit like that

This

Also just learn low kicks and you can fuck britches up.

Any reputable local MMA gym should have what you're looking for

Tai chi?

tactical close range pistol training.

Best martial art for self defense, you can engage bigger and/or multiple aggressors at the time.

learning how to shoot would be best for self defense, as far as sports go, check out many thai, boxing or kick boxing. Maybe judo, but I wouldn't bother with that bjj or wrestling bullshit. Any proficient striker can easily destroy the best masters of blow job jitsu or wrestling. bjj and wrestling are just excuses for gay guys to cuddle in public

I do BJJ, but not for self defense, just for fun.

Guns are best for self defense

Whatever catches your fancy. Just go and train.

Seriously there's lots of people who start in their 40s if not later.

Even at 26 I'm feeling a little bit of a... more proness to injury that make me take a step back and not go 100% in say Judo and standing Ju Jitsu as being constantly thrown takes its toll on the back, shoulder and knees. That said I personally think Ju Jitsu is the most beneficial one to learn and great one to start with.

I love grappling though that's my jam. If you fantasize about hitting people Muay Thai is full of beginners of all ages and is a great place to start. Boxing too.

Karate like Ju Jitsu can be a bit of a kids club. If you're not comfortable with that still check out the clubs just in case. Personally I find those are the two that have the most 'trained since 4yo' teenagers who are completely used to older partners and don't give a fuck. Also contrary to what school and your parents told you you can totally compete well against people who trained since child. It's effort not time served that matters. I started Ju Jitsu at 25 and have had no stress or hassle training with 16 year olds. That said I'm already experienced enough to fight well above my white belt standard.

If you want a slightly less practical on da street but fantastic as an education in owning and operating a human body. Kung Fu... at least a good Kung Fu school is second to none. That said I've never practiced it myself just know alot of Kung Fu guys who are EXCELLENT fighters and even better teachers.

I've done a whole range of martial arts over 20 years. The past 6 years I've been doing kung fu and there is no fighter or not who could ever convince me kung fu isn't the optimal style for self defense and/or street fighting. Please note that "kung fu" in this context does not imply the jumpy, backvaulty skykicky type, but the purified, straight forward type. We practice full contact sparring 2-3 days a week, and out of those days at least one day is against multiple attackers. Yes we do have the traditional tea ceremonies and stuff as well, but those are only a minor part.

Boxing

youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4

krav maga

Trips of truth
>checked

Muay Thai, Judo, and Kali will get you started, cover your bases and be most immediately applicable.

It 100% has to do with the instructor, not necessarily the style. You might find you like some weird Chinese Animal Kung Fu if the instructor is good, while a more traditionally "hardcore" martial art might be a waste of time if you get a shitty instructor. Pick whatever seems interesting but feel free to "shop around" if it's not clicking at first.

This
The only thing that matters is a qualified instructor and good sparring partners.

Im lucky iv found a good Qin Na kung fu teacher. Just have to be lucky to get taught the practical military/ law enforcement stuff and stay away from the Wu Shu unless your planning an acting career.

depends if you prefer strikes or grappling really

Judo or boxing would be optimal, stay away from the BJJ jew

>What martial arts are beginner friendly for late bloomers?
Whichever you want. Make sure to train hard an consistently at it, that it isn't mcdojo bullshit and properly vet. Also read this.
>mcdojo-faq.tripod.com/
>no need for some fancy kung fu spin kicks and useless shit like that
>useless
Ok, Nate Diaz
>youtube.com/watch?v=RhgOtbbU1UM
>youtube.com/watch?v=kItU8sK7jgg
>youtube.com/watch?v=N_JMkptIuko
>youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3oCDRMyKI
>youtube.com/watch?v=AIIPvNlKW2o
>youtube.com/watch?v=exYXeMkpoCM
>youtube.com/watch?v=eToXYoH0cjY

I used to wrestle in high school and to this day a lot of what i learned has been invaluable in fights.

Different takedowns, weight control, balance, etc has all helped me walk away from fights against people much stronger and larger than me.

*krab maga

pistol

other martial arts are for playing in the gym, not self defense

Just use a knife. In IRL situations most of the technical stuff is useless. Avoiding fights by either de-escalation or intimidation with a weapon , knowing how to get hurt and keep your cool, and how to escape is far more valuable.

>lol why play basketball, just build a machine to put the ball in the hoop for you

If my life is on the line then why the fuck wouldn't I use the machine?

>other martial arts are for playing in the gym, not self defense
This line of thinking's retarded and been covered before.
Because you don't have the machine, and won't on you all the time, the machine's not loaded and you don't have any bullets, you can't reliably use it with bystanders in the way, you have to consider the legal ramifications or you're just in a situation you otherwise can't get out of unarmed and proper melee weapon skills in your toolbox will help

>he doesn't have an every day carry knife

get cucked senpai

fucking this

>striking
box
muay thai
karate kyokushin + box
kickboxing
>grappling
bjj
judo
wrestling
sambo if youre commie

How long will it 6ake me to achieve Jin mode?
pls resbond

>unarmed and proper melee weapon skills
I added that. Also can you do more that swing the thing around

4 years, 2 if you really care

>not having devil gene genetics
You might just have to settle for non roided, just trained alot Karateka physique.