What kind of mindsets do we find on Veeky Forums?

What kind of mindsets do we find on Veeky Forums?

Is anyone following a philosophy? Religion? Are you confident?

Post your body type so we can poll

I'm Catholic, kind of Stoic and fairly confident
Body type: Endomorph fit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Philosophy is I need to aggressively pursue everything I am passionate about in order to get the most out of life.

>What kind of mindsets do we find on Veeky Forums?
A good dose of pointless nihilism and self-pity.

And does it work for you?

"pointless nihilism"

Nice description

>Is anyone following a philosophy? Religion?
Considering most people are cultural marxist, collectivism-shilling sheep, most will probably follow one or the other.

>What kind of mindsets do we find on Veeky Forums?
I want to be dead.

But are you fit though?

No true Veeky Forumsizen can seriously consider suicide before making it.

There are two kinds of nihilism - pointless and constructive (I don't know the academic terms).

Pointless nihilism is what you see here. It's characterised by a defeatist attitude when faced with the futility of it all. You see constantly with the "you will never" threads, the "girls asks for abs" thread, the "chad" threads and all the self-pity that it attracts. God is dead but that's not a bad thing.

A positive nihilist will understand that because everything is futile and everything is finite, things exist in a non-binary state. You will never be right but you will never be wrong either. So instead of wallowing in self-pity, he will go out and stick it to "chad" and give it his all, knowing that he determines his own success or failure which ultimately don't exist or don't matter because we are all finite.

>tfw no matter how fit you get you still feel like shit in the end

That's actually awesome

So why are there so many pointless Nihilists here?

Wasn't the point of getting fit to improve your life despite it being pointless?

Why does this happen? What do you want out of life?

Your positivist nihilism falls flat on its face taken to conclusion as well. Sticking to to Chad is meaningless. Nietzche went insane trying to rationalize away the end result of nihilism.

I dont think it matters, i used to be pretty upbeat and see possibilities in everything, nothing ever got me down but lately its gone to shit

No matter how fit i get, how educated i get, financially successful or what i achieve i wont be happy since there is no point
Dating is the thing that keeps bringing me down, there are no options in dating so there is no endgame in anything. No point in finding success or counting genetic perks i have because they dont matter

No mindset can get me through this bullshit

I want to be the best version of myself
But it feels like no matter how hard I try I just can't improve on some aspects
Not only that it feels like nothing in this world can truly make me happy
The only time I don't think is when I'm lifting weights, but as soon as that's done it's back to having an existential crisis
Fuck brain chemistry, shit is whack

Honestly, I can't give you an answer because I don't know. I got into lifting to get girls, burned out by following the "right way" and now I just do my thing by applying principles and not sticking to any program as it is written.

Everything is meaningless because you are dead in the end. The choice really boils down to how you spend the days you have in the world. You can sit in a corner and feel sorry for yourself or you can say "fuck it" and try to make something out of it. I've done both and while the first choice was comfy and satisfying at first, it then became stupid. The second one doesn't guarantee success but the again you are the one that defines success for yourself.

Does being the best version of yourself still count on how others perceive you?

Nihilism, like all emotions that humans feel, like all concepts that a brain may have, is related to a very simple mechanism. To that of forgetting. Memories are basically neuron clusters. They could also be habits, tastes, personality types, seeing yourself as a certain thing.

At a smaller level, nihilism is just forgetting unimportant data and things around you.

Even christians have this kind of "nihilism" inside of them, shit even animals do. Its a brain mechanism.

The trick to conscious nihilism and to seeing it as a core ideology is basically pushing nihilism into the #1 priority drive. Mentally you mark everything up for deletion, and then slowly delete everything that you have. As many may decide that its bloat, that its a clutter.

After you delete everything, usually not at the same time, since it takes a boring amount of chemical things to delete/replace your neuron clusters, you basically completely and more thoroughly. You may not be able to escape your nature as there is a finite limit to the conscious neuron fields that you can consciously effect. But a lot of the bad things that you ARE conscious about can be deleted and replaced, if you do it properly, with science (at least it is so for me).

If you do not have the mental drive besides the deletion script to also create, then you are shit out of luck. Its a very loose, and very novel way of thinking and most people probably go insane, or into hedonism mode.

Once the script runs through, nothing from society and from other people will rhyme with your own neuron clusters (that is what emotion is about, the firings of similar clusters)

Well, yes, but most importantly I want to be satisfied with myself

You guys are really helping me here. One more question, especially for those who consider themselves nihilist

Are you part of any social groups? Like a sports club etc?

>hedonism mode
Yup, that's what I did at first. Dunno if it was because I was finally earning more than just enough to cover rent and food (I was poor for my entire life and university was a drag) or if it was because I didn't give a shit. Nowadays I could pull it off because I am balanced but I can understand why some people go insane from this way of thinking. It's not for everyone and requires a degree of introspection and honesty.

Yeah - I have friends and I have gym buddies. Being a nihilist doesn't mean being a shut-in, quite the opposite. When you are finally honest with yourself, you will start having meaningful relationships with others. You may or may not have 20 friends but you will have 5 or 6 good ones.

>Once the script runs through, nothing from society and from other people will rhyme with your own neuron clusters
Meaning? Is this a goal or simply a side effect?

Its neither, its just a brain mechanism.

and you could justify this heightened lack of respect for the metaphysical due to the fact that the people outside of you are faggots. So whatever faggot things they are thinking, is full of faggotree. I mean just look at their dumb normie faces and how retarded they look and act. Who would want to share even one neuron cluster field with them. Jesus what a buch of fags they are.

Evangelical Christian here, Christ is the cornerstone of my life, and I urge anyone here to get to know Him, He will indeed revolutionize your life and make you a happier and better person. Only through the love and by the grace of God can one have a truly meaningful, fruitful, and worthwhile life.

>2016
>Not being an elite muscular Christian

What gets to me is I probably would have been throw off a cliff if I were a Spartan baby.

also to add to that, one of the most important features of this lack of synchronization of neuron clusters "feelings with other people" is this

>60% of all people are obese
>because they share neuron clusters with eachother, they also do similar things with one another
>like making similar judgements on food, on calories, on additives (they dont give a fuck about that)
>they also make similar judgements on habits (lazy tv, soda sipping retards)

so instead of having their neuron clusters, you artificially change your neuron clusters to a more potent civilization, like pic related.

And when you get that, you can escape the obesity trap.

And in turn you can escape the depression trap, and many other modern vices. Simply by not being social and being strong enough not to get pulled by some faggotry fallacy like popularity.

>Christ is the cornerstone of my life, and I urge anyone here to get to know Him, He will indeed revolutionize your life and make you a happier and better person. Only through the love and by the grace of God can one have a truly meaningful, fruitful, and worthwhile life.
You know you sound like someone that just escaped the mental asylum?

This

Agreed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity

>Only through the love and by the grace of God can one have a truly meaningful, fruitful, and worthwhile life
what a beta attitude

How does one Alpha? :P

Is nihilism a side effect of depression or is depression (sometimes) a side effect of nihilism?

In a way we arent even really special.

Evolution granted us this large brain to adapt on the fly, because we live such long lives. Language is even just an extension of it. Including what we are doing right now.

its all just adaptations to better survive, as we cannot do anything else. The only reason that I am sharing all of this is because the optimal solution would be if we as a tribe, or as multiple units had the same direction, so that we could have the most effect upon this planet. (also because we are white and that is how we function best, in a giant equation to maximize our DNA survival rate)

What happened with us is that our large brains picked up various signs around us, when we grew up, and saw them as evil. It searched and search and then found a solution, that solution was to increase nihilism by a fuckton magnitude, as a response how much change was needed to correct one self back to the best odds of survival.

The funny thing is that we also incorporated advanced lore into our very core being, not just animalistic impulses but history lessons, information gathering through the internet, very complicated stuff.

And we felt, with our DNA, from the very core of our being that we are inside of a civilization cycle. And we wanted to escape it. Thus our DNA compelled us to radically change so that we do not get washed away with the rest of the normies.

What we are doing is pure alpha stuff, the purest and the most potent form of being ahead of the curve, of evolution, of the norm even. And that too is one potent as hell feeling.

Both. Depression can push you to nihilism, nihilism can cause depression and nihilism can get you out of depression. I like how George Lehman describes depression - the inability to work towards your goals.

Let that sink in - YOUR goals. Nihilism can help you identify what is important for you and can give you the push to finally start chasing them because failure isn't an option as it doesn't exist.

Could be, not exactly sure but depression may also be related to the pyramid of needs. Only if you are a high IQ white there is a chance that depression is actually tied to deep and meaningful problems though. Could also be to a biochemical imbalance or whatever.

It does have a neat depersonalization effect though.

I had a philosophy on staying away from emotions and just see everything for what it is, but hell is self hatred and rage a good preworkout

Wait what is it that we are doing that is Alpha? Being Nihilist or being Fit?

Digestion a huge amount of information, using the most advanced of tools, and then radically changing ourselves based on that.

Normies are not capable of that. They just grow up and assume that everything is normal. They are basically animals, animals like mice who were born into a cage, and then think that the hand, and the cage is the entire world, and that its normal.

but if you looked back, into how people used to think, into imperialistic time periods, into obesity rates...you would get disgusted of the people around you and your disrespect would rise tenfold.

Because do you really think that women right now are attracted to fat chads smoking dope? The alpha's, the men who always were seen as good in their time periods were always on the edge of the future, they were always playing the evolution game with pride, they made new stuff, they had new habits, women fawned over them. They didnt care about the ones who didnt adapt.

And it would be foolish to think that we dont have new challenges in this century. All the variables are just changed and it is up to us to adapt.

The "alpha" part is chasing the goals that are meaningful to you.

change the other 4 people onto obese, soda sipping ham beast and only let the one dude think that thing that he does and you got it right.

The other 4 also will die to beetus and will have fat children.

nihilism.

Not OP, but I'd like to thank you for your contribution to the thread. Your posts make an interesting read and resonate a lot with me.

Having said that, I disagree with you on some core concepts. You present a pernicuous characteristic to the average human which bothers me, we're all perfectly equal in our futility and there's no need for a value assessment in my opinion.

The link is interesting though. Been in a developing and worsening state of depression and nihilism for months now. My believes, my self-view, my world view all have been shredded by my mind. Now I want to know if it's me actually figuring something new out for me or if it's simply depression dusting my mind. Although I get the feeling the deeper I'll fall into depression, the clearer I'll see what's actually important for me - a clearer view of the world and myself. Maybe this nihilism will indeed get me out of it, maybe my brain is just fucked. Who knows.

>It does have a neat depersonalization effect though.
Indeed it does.

lol fag, of course we arent more equal, what are you? A filthy egalitarian? Go to any race, any sports place and there are always differences. The problem is that these differences grew even huger for the total population. More people grew fatter, in most advanced nations something like half of the entire population lead a sedentary lifestyle.

It is not my fault that you are not capable of digesting the huge sums of information and then making a judgement on the average man and how he has deteriorated. Perhaps because you are one of them, kek.

If all fails, get a therapist/consellor not to "cure" you but to get you talking about what really matters to you and what you really want from your life.

>Go to any race, any sports place and there are always differences
He never denied these differences.

lol who cares about that, a christcuck is basically one of the most mongoloided and retarded people I can imagine and one entered this thread.

and then gave some christcuck bullshit with the leftist cuck comic.

So there are probably two subhumans here in this thread. Whats the point in trying to reply to the squeaking of mice. May as well post my cock here and call you fagets, because that is what you are. People lower than the dirt on my feet.

Doing that already. You have any literature recommendations regarding nihilism besides Nietzsche?

As I stated, I am not an academic so I can't give you advice on any books. Just look around google or any of the book-reading websites and you are bound to find something.

>get Veeky Forums
>fuck sluts
>still no gf
>mfw

I'm a right winged memelord that practices BJJ and games competitively.

Why is it that christcucks always manage to barge into a perfectly good, and civilized thread and then spout their low IQ garbage everywhere? Jesus, cant they fucking get a hint and actually read the stuff to realize that they are unwanted here and that they should kill themselves? Srsly, they are so goddamn dense, its incredible. Someone close the tap from normieville here. But perhaps he should realize by now that some of us are okay if he actually does kill himself and his family, as IQ is 80% hereditary.

How does it feel christcuck? To realize that you are not loved here, and that we do not see you as an equal here? And that we would gladly walk over you and your things because of our philosophy? I have already done so for many years and I will keep on doing that, since you are a failure.

> generalizing
> narrow minded
> because of your own low IQ

You're Alpha as fuck.

>accurately identifying inferior genetics in humans
>adjusting my moral views according to that

why should I be kind and nice to people who are going to die anyhow in this new age? You of all people are basically the lowest of all lowest, the scum of the earth, genetic failures who rely on others so much, that you basically have no natural inner force of your own. Social wellfare through your bullshit magical thinking.

Seriously, fuck you and go kill yourself.

>Nihilism can help you
You sound like a cultist.

>accurately identifying inferior genetics in humans
> saying that religion is genetic

Yeah you're not even trolling well

kill yourself lol, you are literally a burden upon this planet for other people.

>getting mad over the internet

Always funny when it's someone else always cringe later when it's u

> loses argument
> kill yourself! just kill yourself!

I am not saying that you should kill yourself, but you totally should. Actually just remove your filthy presence from this planet.

Are you even English?? Your arguments suck. What a normie

How is it like to let your wife suck nigger dick and wanting her to be filled up with nigger cum, because niggers have souls too. fugging christ cuck.

I just read a lot of books, take mushrooms every once in a while, and have a good bf. I'm pretty happy with my life.

I suck dick thanks :)
"niggers have souls too" - you don't know who you want to insult. You're just gattling

if homo then cancer

if woman,

then also cancer.

Why dont you double bad probability kill yourself faget?

Where did you find a good bf??
Can I have on please?

Just use a trip already so that I can filter your garbage.

Well if a woman christcuck, that would mean that you are double dumb, not sure what kind of insult would work then. I dont think you need one anymore, your existence already is an insult to humanity.

Oh wait I know one, would not marry. Shoo out of here you dumb whore.

>Can I have on please?
Get off your ass and look for one faggot, most likely they are all around you
jesus you homos are getting on my nerves, use dating apps aswell...should be atleast a few dateable dudes on there for you who arent into casual hookups

I'm not that user that you've been ranting at, retard. I just want to filter your retarded drivel.

Egoist; no; yes; relatively Veeky Forums, still a bit skelly/otter

Egoist that's new. I can obvs look it up but explain from your perspective?

How do I gain self-respect guys?
When people treat me like shit first thing I do is to try to explain them, and see how can I fix it instead of telling them to fuck off.

I know it comes from shitty childhood, where I always tried to appease alcoholic dad who always treated me like shit no matter how hard I tried.

But how do I make it an instict to protect myself? Because I draw shitty people into my life, and I let them abuse me because deep down I believe I'm shit and deserve it.

today I did it again, I feel like relapsed junkie, I know it's my fucking fault when I get treated like that, because I don't defend myself, I rather sink and just let it

yeah, I'm seeing a shrink

Two solutions.

One, Try a practical philosophy like Stoicism so you can learn to react on principle and not emotion.

Two, realize that avoiding conflict is in your best interest an idiots who fuck with you have no real bearing on your life if you don't allow them to.

nothing should be greater to the self than the self, basically. I'd recommend reading the ego and its own by max stirner

Thanks looking it up now

>everything finite therefore everything is meaningless

Can someone explain this logic to me? Like the second thing CLEARLY does not follow the first. And desu right now nihlists seem more retarded and fantastical than Christians.

that guy here, I disagree that avoiding conflict is bad

I don't plan to punch him or something like that, I just want to understand why do I let some guy who can't understand what I've been through and why do I do things I do to judge me and tell me how I should behave

average person would ignore it or just tell him to fuck off, either directly or indirectly

I want to be able to do this, because I've seen people like me and how they get treated, and if they just defended themselves people would leave them

for example, yesterday I met a weirdo, who was being abused by two guys I know, they just don't get what they're doing and they think it's ok since he lets them
I immediately knew how he feels, deep down he's frustrated and feels powerless for being unable to stop it
he's not OK with it, no matter how he plays it

I'm telling you, read a good book on Stoicism. I am you. If it keeps helping I'll carry on. If not, it's a good starting point

/lgbt/, actually. I got pretty lucky

I've read Marcus Aurelius, it's very passive. You can see it was written in dying times, where foundations of moral, what is good and bad, were fading and everything was falling apart

I guess that's why he's so appealing now, since we're also living in ages where our moral values are dying out. But I don't want to endure, I want to act.

I'd like to shape my world, rather to endure it, if you get me.

Passive??

He was one of the most successful Emperors ever. He dealt with conflict every day

he was
but you can feel he suffered, there's no much joy there
is that what are you telling me, that I should embrace suffering, while holding with my principles knowing that there will be no reward for it?
reminds me of jesus and carrying the cross

i go to church every sunday, to remember myself that suffering is also part of life, I just wish I was a true believer, people who have a strength of faith seem to endure this life better
they even seem happy

It's a bullshit facade. Look at that idiot that posted the hate on this thread. Do you really think he is happy? You would be happier not being the same asshole that you want to stand up to. Stand up for kids and weak people. Let all the rest slide off you. The secret is that we won't ever be happy forever, we can only feel it at times. Ultimately when you die you need to be happy you didn't let other people break you.

start to take notes of your progression in whatever way, brah. Be it bodypics or a checklist of exams you've already passed or anything

Having a goal is great, but saying you can't be happy without reaching the goal is a wrong mindset. As long as you realize that you are a better version than you used to be and you keep on improving, you can be proud and happy about yourself

It is sometimes hard to realize your improvements and progression without comparing it side by side, but once you see the change you ought to be happy

Which should also motivate you to keep on going

actually, I feel better now that I posted my problem, no matter that things didn't change at all
weird, I have problems with confiding, but when I do it, I feel better

yeah, I tell myself that, that suffering is part of the life and that avoiding it is also avoiding life. I've done many great things since I've started thinking like this, I know it but I don't feel it. I'm actually somewhat successfull lately (finishing masters, got a job, saved some money, lost weight, dress better, met friends (though, still have issues with 'friends'), and girls seem to be ok with my presence, I just can't push it and get one for myself).
Can't feel the change though, I always go 'aw schuck, it's not that much, there are so many better people than me', and I feel as shitty as I felt when I was basically a fatass NEET.

Why do you compare yourself to others?

because my parents always compared me to others

dad died, he was abusive alcoholic who never called me by name, and always had offensive nicknames for me. I could never please him, I was twice a student of a generation and it wasn't good enough
mother is a woman who can't be pleased, she always complains, and in a sense she was worse than him since she had to take it on us children to get rid of bad emotions he caused for her. she really knew where to hit

sis and I are very troubled people, I struggle with depression, and she can't keep friends or boyfriend, she got fired few days ago also

knowing how you were fucked up (this comes out on group therapies), doesn't fix it, but it tells you why and then you become aware and try to change effects you see in your life.
I've managed to fix a lot of issues, but my inner self is fucked a lot, I'm never at rest with my thoughts

I am sorry to hear you had to endure this and I can understand where you are coming from. If what you have written is true, you are currently winning against the world and against yourself, however, the battle is not yet won.

I can only tell you that things aren't always as they appear. I know "successful" bankers that should be men in their mid/late twenties but still act like children. Some of them bought cars on loan plans and made their parents pay for it. Some of them earn more than me but have less spending power, while others are deep in overdrafts while chasing the dream and a "career".

Keep that in mind and I hope you manage to start feeling better.

THIS.
Is that simple.

thank you

life is a struggle, I hope I'll manage to defeat my demons. I remind myself this, result is better discipline, I do things now even when I see no point

I hope you sort your stuff too

Thanks man. Just remember to take a break once or twice a month. Intensity can be a bitch.

I gotta get back to work, so can't check on this thread right now

in4later

I'm not religious in a sense, but I have studied many religions, history, philosophy and psychology. No i didn't get a degree in this stuff, I would rather not teach for a living,. What religion actually is, its much more than we realize today

>What religion actually is, its much more than we realize today
nope

>What religion actually is, its much more than we realize today
Implying religion is some homogenous construct that is to be understood in its entirity.

Protip1: It's not.
Protip2: Goatfucker 2000 years ago haven't build some uber-thought-structure that neither they nor we, 2000 years later, are able to 'realize'.
Protip3: Pretending they had done such a thing - an uber-thought-structure that can't be understood has no meaning for our lifes and is therefore arbitrary.
Protip4: Religion is easy mumbo jumbo, nothing more.