Serious question, how do people let themselves end up fat?

Serious question, how do people let themselves end up fat?

Like don't they think at a certain point they should tone it down on the junk food? I just can't imagine what being fat feels like.

I went from skeleton to big, so I can't say I know how it feels to be fat. Does it feel like there is a lot of weight on you keeping you grounded?

It just fucking happens really. You realize you're getting fat but you have other shit going on and no reason to lose weight.

oh yeah uh? just went from a skeleton to jacked? ill bet

Things kept getting worse in my life, food was my comforter and friend

I'm kind of the opposite OP. I'm skinny as fuck and people ask me how I ended up so skinny lol

Yeah but at any time were you like, "maybe I should change it up?" Maybe get into smoking or something none food related? Or did you try and nothing compares to food?

See, when I get sad I can't eat. Its hard to have an appetite when shit hits the fan

calorically dense food is generally delicious

>Does it feel like there is a lot of weight on you keeping you grounded?

I'm 275lbs and that's pretty much what it feels like. I'll have no problem benching nearly 3pl8 but trying to do more that 10 push-ups is almost impossible. Forget about pull ups, feels like I'm trying to lift a car

Nothing compares to that feeling after pizza and potato wedges, or a snickers bar it just fills the void that I deal with now because cutting, but I'm doing better now when things were really bad I didn't care, I knew I wanted to die more than anything. Food was a friend.

Yeah some people are like that

It's an addiction, just like drugs or alcohol. Drunk doesn't stop drinking just bc liver is failing...

Some people work so much or so often they only have time for shitty fast food or shitty frozen food. They don't sleep, they don't workout. They just work (sitting down), drive home (sitting down), eat garbage (sitting down), and sleep.

I just grew up fat. I was a problem kid, picky with foods, would only eat something if i liked how it tasted, then i would exclusively eat a lot of that thing. When i was abiut 15 i realized that i didnt look normal and decided to get on it. Now i still have stretch marks, and loose skin on my lower chest that looks like tits even though theres no like hard gyno

I became fat slowly over time growing up because I had no conception of how crippling being fat is physically socially and mentally, by the time it really hit me I was already a land whale

Took me a total of around 2 years to get rid of nearly 100 pounds, around 63ish of which were from starvation for the final 5 months because I wanted it to end
Present day and I am coming really close to getting my first ever girlfriend, just got done with a solid 2nd date and a 3rd is incoming with and implied 4th plus her saying once winter break hits she will be free basically all the time

This is why cops are fat

I interned at a police department and the only thing that they get dropped off are cakes, donuts, and a bunch of sweets.

Fat parents who get pizza or mcdonalds every day, in my case.

The reason to lose weight is so you don't get fatter. Are you serious?

A lot of people are fat from childhood before they were really educated on nutrition/didn't really get to choose their meals. They then associated shit food like McDonald's with rewards (toys! Playland!) and emotional support ("you feel bad sweetie? Here eat some cookies I baked"). It becomes a cycle where you start seeing food as the easiest way to comfort yourself. Not to mention America in general has huge portions and has a culture that generally has a positive attitude towards eating out.

Anyway, I dropped about 40 lbs in high school then 20 more by college because I got old enough to take responsibility for this shit, but it was hard to put down the chocolate when I was feeling like shit. Not impossible, obviously, but there's some emotional unlearning to do and it takes discipline to change most habits in general.

Went from 320 to currently 290
We gon make it

exactly this
You get treated as an accessory if that makes sense.
ive never felt the same status as someone who was skinny
which I can now understand since i couldnt take care of myself.

hopes go out to you man , hope you find your happiness.

grats dude hit that 200!

depression and not giving a shit.

Current goal is 275, then 260, and so on

Tfw 6'5 so smaller losses dont show apart from the fit of clothes

Not him but it's apathy mostly.

You eat a shit diet and don't exercise so you feel bad and have no energy and that's the cycle you exist in. You're aware of gaining weight, then you ignore it and don't realize how much you've put on.

A weeks bad eating turns into a month and then years. Eventually you convince yourself that you don't give a fuck about being fat.

What everyone else said and some people just have a pretty bad childhood or trauma where they turn to food or are given food without much nutrition, but tons of calories, which makes them hungry again soon.

I was all the way up to 365 lbs and I've made it to 200, but I still need to lose around 50 lbs more at least.
It feels like absolute crap, though. Since some of us grow up being fat, you just don't realize how horrible it really is. I had headaches and migraines every day and was irritated or became frustrated very easily.

- overall bad habits, just like not washing your teeth in the evening or washing your hands after you use the toilet

- some people honestly don't know what makes you fat or how unhealthy certain things are

- they are used to organizing their day in a certain way which promotes bad habits (drive through McDonald's every day on their way to work)

- depression, laziness and other non-food factors

>you just don't realize how horrible it really is. I had headaches and migraines every day and was irritated or became frustrated very easily.

At my heaviest I was 253lbs (not that fat, relatively speaking) but what you wrote is a huge reason why I dont buy any of that fat-acceptance and "being happy with who you are".

I was miserable, you cant not be because you have no energy and feel like shit all the time.

Im currently down to 218 after putting back on weight I had lost (was 176lbs).

The difference I felt between being skinny and fat is night and day.

Shouldnt be long before Im back at my target weight and hopefully ill have learnt from my mistakes and keep it off for good this time.

Great point OP
In my first year of uni I JUST my diet and put on like 6kg in a few months (from 68kg to 74kg), everyone commented on how much bigger I got and I just fixed my diet quickly.
Just look in the mirror.

For me:
-Anxiety and stress
-Depression
-Eating as a reward and momentary pick-me-up
-No discipline
-Gross ignorance about how to lose weight
-Almost everyone else around me was also overweight including family

But I made it, bro's.

General depression

Went from ultra skelly to overweight over a period of like 4 years. Now I'm trying to see what I'd look with muscles plus I'm tired of being the skilled but perpetually exhausted whenever there are pick up games.

I remember turning in my bed and having my gut take a bit longer to turn than I did because it had an inertia of its own.

I was chubby my whole life and played football till my sophomore year. After that I gained a lot more weight. When it happens over 3 years you don't see the changes right away I was also obsessed with playing call of duty and thought of nothing else. Everyone was too nice and no one every said hey your a fat ass or I might of realized soon and made changes. There was a few times in high school when I tried to lose weight, but I tried to do it my own way and I was retarded and it didn't work. My second semester of college (last spring) I caught feels for a girl and diecided I was going to lose weight. Started in the middle of January at 5"11 230lbs, now I'm 160lbs.

Mental weakness and enablers

You underestimate the human mind's capability to rationalize and the effect of cognitive dissonance. "I'm overweight, but not THAT overweight.- I'll totally get it under control when I want to" was my general attitude at 280lbs.

I ended up being right, though, at 175lbs and still losing as we speak, but still, I never fully grasped just how much of a failure I was.