Can you guys give me some advice or tips or whatever on how to resist cravings?

Can you guys give me some advice or tips or whatever on how to resist cravings?

I'm a fatass, 6'4, 250 (all fat, no muscle) and I'm trying to embark on a keto diet. I just keep caving and going back to my shitty eating habits. Anybody been where i'm at before? How did you conquer yourself? This shit is truly difficult.

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/coconut-oil-and-weight-loss/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keto dieters are to fitness communities what SJWs are to school campuses.

Stop looking for retarded fads and ignore the equally fat retard who's about to come in here and tell you saturated fat isn't bad.

Eat fuck loads of veggies and fruits and seeds.

Don't have time to go through more, but just wanted to take the time to disparage keto. Don't do that. Health first, and then let the rest fall into place. Keto is the antithesis of health.

Though I am not as fat as you, I would say I am a fatty at heart. At some point I was able to sustain a diet, but if I dont keep a lid on it I will just return to my default of fatty or skinnyfatty. Matter of fact, I only had abs once. And it only lasted for a bit, part of it is lack of muscle mass.

If muscle is willpower I am at muscle failure. I am just craving like crazy. Of course its because I am doing a PSMF (its not my first time doing it, last year I did it for 2 weeks with no problem)

I am just trying out the method of thinking about the results and not what I cannot eat (the things I crave for) instead of "I cannot have pizza" I think "I want abs"

Wow
Amazing transformation man

ECA stack

No that is not me lol

6'3 320, I use to weigh 360 but I would do weights and some is muscle. I'd be great at your weight no lie.

Start working out, throw in a lot of cardio. I do an hour and 20 mins of cardio every other day with weights. So you won't binge eat, look into juicing. Lots of vegetables with minimal fruits to give it a good taste. Since it's mainly water, it gets to your stomach faster, and you'll feel full after 20 mins, for hours.

Goodluck.

>I'm trying to embark on a keto diet
Stop.

You know why only fat people do keto? Because only fat people know so little about nutrition to consider it a reasonable approach.

Also you don't have "cravings", you are hungry. Fat people really like that word "craving". Because it makes it sound like you are special. But you're not, you're just hungry.

And even if we accept the "craving" premise, no shit you're gonna have cravings when you intentionally malnourish yourself with a meme diet that no skinny person on the planet follows (which is what a keto diet is)

i just want to lose fat, and people say keto burns a lot of fat. Regardless, i am addicted to sugar and i want to change that.

Does this actually work or help with anything

You are not addicted to sugar. Stop lying to yourself. Fat people, without fail, have an excessively high fat intake and excessively low carbohydrate intake. Fat people are not "addicted" to anything, though they are habituated to food that is high in fat.

Diet soda gives you cravings for sweet stuff. Best to just eliminate it entirely. I lost over 100lbs and giving up soda was one of the hardest things.

Just make a rule of no sweets at all. If something has added sugar, you're not allowed it. After a few weeks, you'll begin to adjust and it will be entirely within your control.

I would also avoid too much fruit because it just makes the cravings worse.

Look up carb cycling pro body builders use that shit to get comp ready so not only fat people do keto

I don't understand what you have against keto

I tried it and I felt like garbage and wanted to kill my self so I got off it.

But carb cycling is no meme

Just saying
isn't me.

You very well may crave sugar, but feel free to prioritize veggies over fruits. Still not an excuse to go on that heart attack diet.

This is the most bullshit broscience post I ever read.

I'm and I lost the majority of my weight by giving up carbs and switching to a high fat diet.

it really just comes down to eliminating sweet processed shit from your diet.

Once you get used to eating normal healthy foods that most people consider too plain to eat, you realize how overly sweet and flavored "mainstream" food is.

you may be right, i don't know. just forget i said keto. i just want to know how to overcome my fatty tendencies.

How many kcal are you on?
I'm 6'5, 230 lbs and I'm struggling to reach 2400 kcal a day on keto..
How the hell can you get cravings?

Fatties lecturing skinny people on nutrition, this fucking shit never gets old.

>6"5
Tfw 5"

Look, we get it. You've never been fat before. The way you post shows that you don't have a fucking clue. Please stop posting your uninformed garbage.

I dropped from 280 lbs to 150 lbs on keto. Stop acting like you know something. Learn to control your narcissism and shut the fuck up when you don't actually know.

I'm a big goy

>former fatty who actually lost the weight and became fit, lecturing a current fatty who wants to lose weight and become fit
vs
>a skinny faggot who thinks he knows it all, talking about experiences to which he can never relate

Can you just off yourself please, you smug condescending dumbass?

4 jew

I dont count calories as well as i should. on a good day i guess i get around 1800+ eating chicken and avacados and shit. usually after 1 or 2 days i go back to my old ways..

You're not eating enough senpai and this is the reason you're failing and I've been there as well, went from 290 to 210 in total and then back up to 230 on a clean bulk

Check out scoobies calorie calculator to calculate your calorie intake need

this is helpful, thanks pal

It's not my fault when fatties are so unaware of their own dietary intake that they fail to see the most basic things that are wrong with it, like excessively high fat intake, which is shown in every single study on the issue. "Sugar addition" doesn't exist and is more fat people talk for bad habits. I have no respect for keto clowns whatsoever.

I do understand where you are coming from, but I really doubt that this is right.
Hunger is a physiological condition.
Cravings are a psychological condition.
In this case you are right. The desire for a special kind of food on a keto would probably not be because of cravings but because hunger.

But even if you use these terms interchangable this doesnt mean they are the same. This would be because of an imprecise use of language.

Do you really think that a fattie that feels like he has to eat ten bars of snickers is hungry?
I think in most cases this would be more because it`s his way to deal with things (be it habituation or boredom or depression or hell knows).

Also at my second read I noticed that I`ve red your post wrong. I thought your point was something like "there is not such a thing as cravings".
Gonna post anyway so I didnt wase my time for nothing :^)

>trying to embark on a keto diet.

I did it for 3-4 months and can't believe someone could be retarded enough to fail at it. It is amazingly easy to just eat something fatty whenever your shitty eating habits carve for sugar. And after you do, the fat leaves you filled enough that you don't think of food for long enough to keep your calories under control

Proof on pic related. Looking better than that now though

Quit the beer man

You just need to want a better physique more than you want shit foods. It you don't, you're going to eat like shit and look like shit.

my macros probably look really, really shitty, but at least I'm losing fat

before you start fucking around with fad diets, focus on losing your fat and building some muscle.

got a current pic?

You're fucking retarded. Not addicted to sugar? It functions like a low-level cocaine, dopamine-based addiction is very much real.

Just fucking cut sugar and all other simple carbs completely out of your life for a month. After that, you can ocasionally indulge yourself, but never let that sugar addiction creep back on you. Sugar is your enemy, and the addicition is very much real. Simple carbs are shit, this means white rice, white bread, white pasta, exchange all of those worthless carbs with complex ones, and eat more protein/fat instead. You always need less food than you eat, become comfortable with being a bit peckish, it's normal. You're in control, not your cravings.

Jesus, get this time warp from 1973 out of here. You sound like one of those sugar company sponsored "scientists".

It takes at least 3 weeks for taste buds to realign.

You will always have cravings. You also control your hands, arms and mouth. "Bad" foods can be part of a healthy diet. They just cant be the core of a healthy diet.

Where to start.

Your an idiot and have no comprehension of a keto diet or its many uses you useless blowhard.

Nearly always the people who get this aggressive about keto are vegans. They pretend it's about fattie-hate because this board is composed almost entirely of self-hating fat people (notice multiple posters above assuming he's actually skinny). In reality though it's just about "muh animal friends".

going from fatass to keto is like going from couch potato to olympic marathon, have fun

How to resist making yourself a disgusting subhuman? Dunno, I never had to struggle with such concepts such as self respect or willpower to stop shoveling into my fat fucking face

Keto burns a lot of water. Out of mixed diet, starvation and keto, keto is the worst at fat loss.

nah man, cravings and hunger are 2 different things en equalising them is enabling the fatties

hunger is a real thing: it's a signal that your body lacks nutrients and shouls actually be listened too

cravings is a feeling that you'd like to eat
like if you already ate 3 meals in a day but feel like opening a bag of chips in the evening

do you really think that's because that person's body is saying that they lack nutrients

I've seen that a lot in FPH-threads here
fatties that legitimise their shovelling cake in their mouths because they were hungry, no fatass, you don't know what hunger is, you crave that shit

No sauce. Plenty of studies show low carb to be the most effective. Low carb combined with intermittent fasting is best.

It's working out for me.

You have to do CICO, and you have to do it for a lifetime, simple as that. Going on any "diet" for x amount of weeks by leaving out food y and after that going back to continuing just like before is a recipe for guaranteed failure
You can continue eating whatever you want, just control the fucking portions - the dose makes the poison. Always ask yourself, do you really need those seconds? A trick that works for me is just eating the smaller portion, and even if you might not feel full as usual yet, just set a time limit of e.g. half an hour before asking yourself "do I still want more right now"? I usually don't at this point, also over time the perception of what is "feeling full" will change, and slight hunger will become something normal. In the beginning it may be a little difficult to get your mind off it, but soldiering through that initial period is well worth it

So is keto a meme then or should i just do CICO on a balanced diet.

pls respond

i did keto diet for about 6 months.... it was all good until i made one mistake and i was going down the wrong road completely by ignoring food i once enjoyed...... i decided i would drop keto and instead did a CICO diet... i go to the gym every other day, so on gym days i eat a little heavier on carbs. On non gym days i just eat 3 meals, all same size and i usually stay full for the day... with the keto my weight would go up and down ALOT... CICO it has been very stable but very slow.....

I'm at 1.90m went from 99.5kg to 88-90-ish in 2013 in a matter of months by simple portion control/more mindful eating (didn't even actively count calories, just frequent weigh-ins to check). After that I felt somewhat comfortable again so stopped giving a fuck, yet maintained for almost 3 years. About a month ago I went back on track again, simply reduced my soda intake from about 1-2 litres a day (yeah very bad I know, but I maintained without any effort so didn't care) to a glass on weekend days. Now I'm at 83.5, aiming for 75 ultimately.
I don't do much exercise, only picked up a bit of swimming once a week (2-3 sets of 1km breast at slightly elevated speed, tfw can't into crawl) to counter the fact that I'm not doing much gardening in winter, which always caused me to gain about a kilo in the previous winters, which I then lost again next summer

Keto isn't a meme it has great benefits.
In terms of fat loss it works at the same rate as any other diet after losing the initial water weight.

For me keto has made it 1084839x easier to plan a menu for the day which I do in advance now depending on what meat i can get for cheap.

I recommend drinking black coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I can go easily up to 15 hours with just that alone without feeling hungry.

i'll have to give it a try then thanks for the input.

>I recommend drinking black coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I can go easily up to 15 hours with just that alone without feeling hungry.
How many calories in a tablespoon?

This does sound really good. authoritynutrition.com/coconut-oil-and-weight-loss/

For pretty much all fats/oils it goes 1g = 9cal
Assuming a traditional German tsp of 5g that's about 45cal (dunno if Murrican ones are different - I only drink black coffee no milk no sugar anyway, it apparently does help against hunger, just came from an unintended 22h no eating streak because of weird work shift that made me skip lunch - had no cravings whatsoever)