Hi, can anyone advise what the 'foam covered utility bar' is used for?

Hi, can anyone advise what the 'foam covered utility bar' is used for?

Thanks

Kegel exercises

Where do i buy that rack and do they ship overseas?

On eBay for £209, or £299 with bench. Google Ryno Power Rack.

This is probably the cheapest cage you will find so by no means as heavy duty as commercial gym standard but should suit a home gym.

Umm looks like it can be adjusted and lowered like that thing to hold your knees in place when you do your pulldowns. Could be wrong tho.

>£209, or £299 with bench
that's pretty cheap 2bh. i expected it to be at least 1500

If you do lunges in the rack, (facing away from the "back"), you put your shin on the pad.

>it don't hurt that way.

>max load 225kg

dyel ?

Is that not a decent max load for a home rack?

ignore him. he doesn't even lift half that

I wonder how difficult it will be to bench inside the frame with the cables at the back. Do you think they will prove a problem?

If so is it ok to bench inside but at the front of the frame?

Should have called it the never-gonna-make-it cage desu

If its 225kg per thingy then fine though I think if I was spending £££ on a rack I'd prefer it to take a heavier load then that... buy once cry once and all that.

Good point. They do a 350kg but it doesn't have the cable system.

He lifts twice that each time he gets his disabled mom out of the bath.

I've got the same thing, OP.

I'm assuming it's to put your legs underneath when you do lat pulldowns. If not, I've been doing it wrong for a long time.

If you got the space for it, get it. It's a solid piece of equipment. Had it for over 3 years now.

Thanks for the reply. That makes a lot of sense, I suppose you could also use it in a similar way when performing curls with the lower pulley.

So is yours made by Ryno? I know Mirafit do an identical one. If so do you have the Ryno bench too and do you find the cable gets in the way of the top of your head when doing a bench press?

the technical term is "pussy pad".

underrated

You can use it for preacher curls as well.

Mine is the Ryno power cage but I didn't get the bench. I bought a second hand bench by YORK instead. Pic related.

Just keep an eye out a second hand bench and use that.

What minimum length bar does this require? I'm measuring up and it's going to be a squeeze.

Get a 7ft bar and it'll be perfect. 6ft won't work.

Thanks for the tips user, appreciate it.

I've just seen one that is wider than the Ryno and it says it is suitable for a 6ft barbell or above.

Why doesn't a 6ft work with the smaller Ryno?