Why don't more people lift? Or just actually get into semi-decent shape?

Why don't more people lift? Or just actually get into semi-decent shape?

No shame I guess, my best friend has the body of your pic but doesn't give a fuck. I don't harp on people for their choices, but personally I was a total anxious and nervous wreck about my body til I started lifting.

This episode was fucking cool. Senegalese wrestling is hardcore, dudes get jacked cos they have next to no processed food and spend all day lifting each other up

I'm a fat powerlifter. I lift 6 times a week because I enjoy lifting so much. I don't care about being in decent shape. I've been in a relationship for 6 years now and even before that I never had problems getting women since I'm confident about not being in shape.

Because getting fit requires a complete lifestyle change, and that's daunting as fuck for a lot of people. There's also this generally accepted idea that exercise and counting calories is hard to do. Most people don't ever even try because they've already decided it's too difficult in their heads.

It's not rational at all, but there it is.
It sort of reminds me of being a kid afraid to jump off a diving board. Everything in your rational mind will say that you won't get hurt, you've seen others do it without any trouble and you know that nothing bad can really happen if you screw up somehow, but for whatever reason there is this paralyzing fear that won't let you move forward.

I think it's more to do with immasculinity taking hold as a good trait for guys. In previous generations if you weren't getting in good shape for the military you would either have to be a genius or a failure like in Russia currently, and it's also the reason I started getting in shape about a half a year ago when I thought we may be heading to war if Hillary won.
Basically international politics is the cause.

>vice
not even once

only thing good about them is hamiltons "dude weed lmao" pharmacopia

>implying people who want a good body lift for girls
I want to be aesthetic so that when I look in the mirror a god is staring back at me and I can feel satisfied

because basically everyone ates like shit, today I had a nutrition lecture and it was amazing how everyone just eats shit 24/7

Also learned wheat is shit for you and its an industry that makes more shekels than petrol, since wheat is basically an ingredient in almost every food. like pasta and rice

wow thats the same reason I started too. hillary winning would have started a civil war.

a civil war? hell it would end in a real war with russia

shit man, I was terrified that she'd win

>I want to be aesthetic so that when I look in the mirror a god is staring back at me and I can feel satisfied

same. all i really care about is achieving a physique that i'm proud of. been lifting for nearly 2 years now and i'm proud of my progress but still have a long way to go. i took to the Veeky Forums lifestyle very easily once i joined a gym and got some help with nutrition and training. it just become natural to want to do what's right for my body and get myself into the best physical shape possible. it's really not hard to me because it doesn't really require thinking - just doing.

doing schoolwork and applying for jobs and stuff was MUCH harder than sticking to my gym routine and nutrition. I guess our brains are just wired different because my friends can focus on their studying/jobs/projects/applications for hours and hours but can't get their ass to the gym even twice a week.

I'm sorry if I worded my post in a way that gives the impression I think everyone lifts for girls. If you love lifting for aesthetics that's cool and I would never judge you for that. I also wouldn't judge anyone lifting for girls only. I would just ask them if they enjoy the lifting or if they do something they don't enjoy just to get girls, which will not work.

I also absolutely agree with you that lifting is fun and not hard work. I hate it when people brag about their 'hard work and dedication' for doing something that is fun and stress releasing.

While never fat I was just skinny low muscle. Only after a friend dragged me along did I start enjoying gym alot. Now I don't know how I could have been so small. Cant go a few days without not going

I think it's the initial hurdle to start

They get a full-time job and have a family.

Really interested how many of the Zyzz bra aesthetics for life WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT bruh crew will still be lifting when they're working overtime and have kids/chores/dying parents to look after

I'm still going to try to keep fit but will probably just try to maintain my lifts maybe do it weekends only

"No longer could the biggest man simply take what he needed, for damnation was the price if certain rules were not heeded."

The portrayel of being strong equalling being powerful is long gone, there's not much beed for it any more.

>"I'll start tomorrow/next weekend/next month/next year."

Yea man, your life is harder then everyone elses. Enough guys with full time jobs, kids and they still lift 5 times week.

oh god shut up. name a single family man you know that doesn't spend at least a few hours after work watching tv or spending his weekend fishing or some other shit

it takes 30 minutes to do a workout if you have a barbell at home

Shut the fuck up you idiot. Making excuses. It's not hard to get into a gym for 1 hour 3-5 times a week. Pathetic.

I don't exactly lift because ATM I'm focusing on my nutrition and cutting.
I will be lifting after I reach my goal, but ATM that's about 24lbs away or thereabouts.
And even then I'll still only lift for some mild muscle gain to remain slim enough to fit a size small.

In that case im hoping i'll be well paid enough to get a decent home gym. If i can find time for shitposting i can find time to lift

quit being so reasonable, these people wanna hate on the fat

Because it is hard. People don't like to do things that are hard. It is hard to get in good shape and it takes effort to stay that way. It is simultaneously the easiest time to be in shape and the hardest. There is more good information, easy access to information, and opportunities to eat well/workout than ever before in history.

There is also a hard counter-culture in which they are pushing against the notion of self-imrovement (to make up for the fact that they are worthless) as well as a bunch of BS information that people latch on to. The fast food, desk job 9-5 with a commute that leaves you tired, and a society telling you that it doesn't even matter is what keeps most people away.

Are you kidding, get some weights and maybe a pull up bar and go workout in the garage/office/playroom/whatever. Just wake up half an hour earlier than you normally do and put in 40 min. It isn't that hard.

You'll lose weight much faster if you incorporate even the lightest/most casual lifting routine. It seems like you're just looking for a reason to avoid working out.

they ain't natty
Dirty test is abundant in Africa.

That is true I would definitely lose faster, and I am avoiding it for a number of reasons.
I already am losing approximately 2-3lbs a week though, but lifting would definitely help so I will be doing that and take your advice.
Boyfriend wants me to be slim, so I wanted to lose the weight first and then gain muscle and try as hard as I could to retain a slim look.
I will be doing bodyweight, ab wheel, and various dumbbell exercises though as it would be a good idea, so thank you user.
Currently 160 at 5'7", wanna get down to 136 and then cut some more and ass some slight muscle, so I guess starting now would be a great idea.
Again, thank you.

Are you a girl?

Are you telling us that you can't find three hours in whole week to workout?
That's called lazyness, son.
Lmao, whining about kids and work, fucking betas.You need TRT, you're a bitch.

Nah guy, but I have a slim frame like a girl so I need to weigh as much as one.
6" wrists masterrace.

>ever reaching satisfaction with your physique

Nice meme, brah.

Same here brehs and I'm not even American.
If she'd win I was expecting WWIII

Don't get too skinny just cause your bf wants you to be, you'd probably look good at 150. Plus you don't want to lose too much if you're trying to build muscle.

Hell I'm 5'9, 160lbs and trying to get to 170 this winter. Then again I like thicc guys and want to be one myself, so there's that.

Haha yeah I know, it's just, I still feel fat, have the stomach paunch and everything, and also look fat still, too.
I have gotten to 140lbs before and was actually quite healthy at that weight, but I gained the weight back due to a variety of reasons. Still was slightly overweight then, too.
I will keep your advice in mind though user, and I'll make sure not to push it further if I begin to feel unhealthy in the slightest past 145lbs while lifting.
Also when you say you like thicc guys, do you mean sexually?
Because it's actually quite rare to find another guy legitimately interested in men on this board.

Post pics bby

Let me see what I'm buying

>tfw full time job with overtime sometimes, school and lift
I'm fucking miserable

Have you actually lived in Russia?

Army is barely above unemployed-tier, it's generally considered a place where people go if they're too stupid to work anywhere else.

Wat no, my camwhoring days have been over for a couple years now.
Plus I have a BF, I'm not a slut.

It's not camwhoring if you don't show your face.
You are not going to cheat on him if you post one pic.
C'mon, have some fun.

Yes sexually. Also just aesthetically in general, strong thicc is the ideal male form to me. I want to fugg it and be it.

>captcha: select all pizzas

Sorry user, I'm loyal like a dog.
>Have some fun
I wish, but I'm far too introverted.
I've missed out on dating so many guys because of me being like that.

Because some people have better and more important things to do in life

That's dope man! If you don't have one already, I'm sure you'll find an ideal BF.
Aesthetics are god tier, and I thank you for filling my head with pursuing them alongside pursuing my own goals to make myself and my BF happy.

get off my board

kek

link?

Rice doesnt have any wheat in it. Whats so bad about wheat? Isnt it in oats? I eat oats every day.

Degenerate

Oats are oats not wheat