Calories in vs calories out

>calories in vs calories out
Is it really calories in vs calories out to lose weight, so somebody can eat candy and chocolate and still lose weight as long as it's under your bodies TDEE?

What's with the normies on youtube saying that you need to take in consideration what type of calorie you are putting into your body. is it true that you can eat more calories and not gain weight if you aren't eating foods high in fat like high carb low fat ?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.fr/us/how-to-lose-weight-eating-only-mcdonalds-2015-10/
youtu.be/OeXiMiLgjAY
youtu.be/t7LWeXYBGXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At the end of the day it is calories in calories out,But it's advisable that you dont eat complete shit not only for the obvious health reasons(beyond aesthetics) but because it's more likely if you were just eating chocolate bars all day you wont actually feel full at your tdee.

>need to take in consideration what type of calorie you are putting into your body
You can easily consume 1 000 calories worth of soda and other nasty shit and still be hungry but you'd have to eat 3 kg (6,6 pounds) of broccoli to get the same amount of calories.
The idea is that some things keep you full for a longer period of time.
You can't consume more calories than you burn without gaining weigh.
Also stop watching normies on Youtube and read the sticky you mouthbreather.

>Is it really calories in vs calories out to lose weight
yes. you could eat at fucking mcdonalds every day
/thread

so there's no truth to ''the fat you eat is the fat you wear''

at a basic level, yes, you could literally eat only marshmallows and be fine

the real challenge (past counting, because that's apparently really hard for fatties) is optimizing what's in those calories you eat to feel full, and stay healthy.

why would you eat 3 chocolate bars a day when you could have eggs and bacon in the morning, a chicken salad at lunch with light ranch, some bananas throughout the day as snacks or perhaps nuts, and whatever the fuck else for dinner i'm running out of ideas. you get the point though, i'm sure.

yep as long your eat unde your TDEE

None at all. Look at ketosis meme retards

>Is it really calories in vs calories out to lose weight
Calories were invented (Yes, invented) around 1900. This was also the time we all started to get fat.

Come to your own conclusions.

Also, calorie tables are all wrong anyway. You know how they calculate the calories in food? Mouse shit. Yes.

They burn the food in a "bomb calorimeter" which basically measures how hot the food burns. Then, the give another unit of the same food to laboratory mice. They wait until the mice shit it out, then burn the mouse shit in the bomb calorimeter.

The difference is the caloric value of the food.

Yes, it dounds like unscientific bullshit (more like alchemy, actually, I waited for the "Eye of newt and heart of bass, show me how much calories this has" chant, but it never came), but that is how it's done: A random mouse's digestion decides the caloric value of food for all humanity.

It's all bullshit. All of it.

Yes, to lose weight you can eat whatever you want as long as calories are under TDEE. Though if you eat Fat and Carbs you will lose a ton of muscle mass too. And you'll mostly feel like shit, and hungry.
businessinsider.fr/us/how-to-lose-weight-eating-only-mcdonalds-2015-10/

For the second part of your question, I'd be less absolute, but I'd say, on the whole, no. If you eat something and if your body metabolises it, then it's calorie. What is unclear, though, is exactly how much of what you eat is used by the body, for example if you eat very high fiber foods. Low fat, low carbs, doesn't really matter that much as long as you hit enough proteins. After that, you need to consider what makes you manage hunger the best, what makes you feel good, and the quality of the calories your eating ("good" fat will be better than bad carbs, but good carbs will be better than bad fats).

protein helps gain and preserve muscle

sugar helps gain and preserve fat

if you eat 1200 calories a day, 90% sugar, you'll lose weight but only 10% will be BF and the rest skimmed off your mucle

scooby is kind of a meme here, but for a good reason. if you can get past his admittedly comical first impression (and that fucking hat) he has a lot of advice to give for people like you who don't know where to begin. he's also a pretty swell dude in general.

youtu.be/OeXiMiLgjAY

youtu.be/t7LWeXYBGXw

i eat normally healthy i steam potatoes and broccoli and have tuna next to it as a staple meal but today i just crave something sugary and sweet it doesn't help that i'm stressed out from school

Holyvshit, kys

Mad, baby? Fuck off and kiss your mom.

One of the dumbest posts Ive read on fit

Fat doesn't turn to fat in your body... your body doesnt even digest fat well you shit most out.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN I JUST WENT OUT AND BOUGHT AND ATE 1800 CALORIES WORTH OF OREOS NEARLY MY ENTIRE TDEE AND NOW I FEEL LIKE SHIT AND STILL HUNGRY WHY DID I NOT LISTEN?!?!?!?!?

fat absolutely turns to fat. google it instead of just churning shit out because you think it's true.

what the fuck is wrong with people on here? don't ever listen to anyone on Veeky Forums without doing your own research.

so what about the starving myth? when does it actually kick in?

i am eating 1k cals a day with a tdee of 2400. i have been doing this for like 4-5 weeks now.

?

He's a fag though. And I'm not talking about his homosexuality

>sugar helps gain and preserve fat
Sounds like a broscience. I became fat when I started to drink a lot of beer and eat sausages and chips with it. I hate sweet food, but I've been very fat for about 5 years

3/10 for the slight inclusion of scientific information and making me reply. Could have been a decent troll.

That's actually the way it works. You WILL be losing weight if you're eating below your TDEE and you will be gaining weight if you're eating above your TDEE. Simple BUT there are a lot of variables. Depending on what you're eating, you might be losing or gaining more muscle than fat or fat than muscle respectively. It actually works though. There are thinspo people who only eat a 3.5oz bar of chocolate (500-600calories) in front of fat people and act like they're eating like animals to make them jealous and think it's muh genetics, when in reality, that is all they're eating and it's maybe around 1/3-1/4 of their required daily intake. But chocolate and candies don't have a lot of protein, and trying to diet this way, might very quickly make you deficient in important nutrients like vitamins, minerals, fiber, amino acids and essential fats etc.

high-carb-low-fat and low-fat-high-carb don't make any real difference. It's basically dieting for lazy people because it's easier for people to avoid most calorie dense foods, because what do you know, most tasty food and calorie dense food has a lot of sugar and fat on it. If you cut either of those macros almost completely out of your diet, you eliminate 90% of extremely calorie dense food that people tend to overeat on the most from your diet. The result: You eat fewer calories without having to count them actively.

If you actually want to lose weight effectively and keep it off though, it's better to try to adapt a somewhat healthy lifestyle and start out counting calories at first, since you're a noob and don't know your portions. Try to meet the RDA of micronutrients and fiber from real food (supplements don't count) as soon as you reached that for the day, just indulge on whatever you like most. Try to limit saturated fats to maybe 10% of your daily calories if you're above 30 to avoid unnecessary stress on your heart and coronary system. Also don't overdo animal products and sugar.

Protein also turns to fat :^)

>Is it really calories in vs calories out to lose weight, so somebody can eat candy and chocolate and still lose weight as long as it's under your bodies TDEE?

You'll feel like shit and have no muscle to show when you're done, but yes. If weight loss is your ONLY goal then calories is the ONLY number you need to worry about.

>so somebody can eat candy and chocolate and still lose weight as long as it's under your bodies TDEE?
Yes.

OP I grew up with a diet very similar to my fat friends; mom's meals, chips, candy, energy drinks and fast food, however I was poor so I ate less, and I was always underweight.

I now stuff my face to reach my goal of caloreis above my TDEE, and still struggle gaining weight with shit like McDonalds and peanut butter sandwiches.
>What's with the normies on youtube saying that you need to take in consideration what type of calorie you are putting into your body. is it true that you can eat more calories and not gain weight if you aren't eating foods high in fat like high carb low fat ?

complete bullshit.

quality post

>What's with the normies on youtube saying that you need to take in consideration what type of calorie you are putting into your body

Because for most people, they want to be fit and lose weight. If you lose all the weight on junk you're going look like a skinny fat faggot with no muscle at the end of it and still feel terrible even though you're lighter.

>protein helps gain and preserve muscle
True to an extend. Around .8-1g per lb of lean body mass should suffice
>sugar helps gain and preserve fat
Completely false. I eat a lot of sugar and I mean a lot of it, sometimes even more than 50% of my daily carb intake and I have no fucking issues with cutting or losing strength during a cut at all. I think that's a pretty good indicator.
>if you eat 1200 calories a day, 90% sugar, you'll lose weight but only 10% will be BF and the rest skimmed off your mucle
Well duh, eating only 10% protein and 90% carbs won't be really optimal for maintaining muscle during a cut.