ITT: your worst lifting injury and how you'll avoid it in the future

ITT: your worst lifting injury and how you'll avoid it in the future

I dropped a lmao1plate snatch from above my head but kept holding onto the barbell and broke my wrist on the first bounce from the ground.

Definitely will NOT be holding into the barbell to drop snatches anymore.

I pushed myself hard to get the last pull-up and held it for a couple of seconds when I got up.

For some reason this resulted in the most intense headache I've ever had. Talking crippling intense for 15 min and still very bad the next day.

What made this my worst injury ever is that it came back just as bad everytime i rubbes one out.

>for some reason
thats probably you flexed your neck too hard trying to get yourself up.
It can happen while squatting too,relax your neck faggot that doesnt help you to get up.

only had shoulder impingement so far

fixed it by dropping some weight and correcting my form

I got a couple bulged disc in my lower back mid back and where you place the square bar below the neck I am just doing pull ups and stretching for it to heal

Oh and I had pelvic tilt which cussed my bad posture and back issues

chronically hurt my back doing deadlifts
never did them ever again
just stick to calisthenics if you want aesthetics if you want to be a fatass do SS

Why dont do diddly?
Everybody do diddly?

I tore the cartilage in my kneecap by squatting on a smith machine :)

Got microfracture and have only stuck with freeweights. Lifts are stronger than ever and no injury.

Avoiding machines as much as possible

As if any lifting routine turns you into a fatass by default

shoulder impingement
>cured by 1 month of not lifting

2 finger sprains
>cured by 3 weeks of not lifting

wrist tendonitis

shoulder impingement was by FAR the worst, it took me down emotionally so fucking hard, god damn i felt like shit for that month

not an injury to myself but I was benching 2 plate and some guy came and asked if he could have the bench after me
I'd just finished so I said "yeah all yours man", was about to take the weight off but he told me to leave it.
I walked off and 5 seconds later hear a huge crash. He'd took all the weight off one side so the bar dropped like a sack of shit on one side and the other flew up and smacked him in the face and knocked out his front teeth.

how the heck could it do that?
i always take all the weights off on one end and then the other, never happened to me

>how the heck could it do that?

Basic physics?
If the load on the bar is too imbalanced then of course the heavy side is going to drop.

1 month of unbearable elbow tendonitis from benching too much. Needless to say that all those anti-inflammation medicine didnt do shit

i fucking know.
but it has never happened to me and never seen it happen to others

Do you use full 6ft olympic bars?
Any imbalance more than about 30kg on a bar like that will usually cause it to drop in my experience.

You're a retard. The first thing you should do when learning Oly lifts is know how to bail.

i use 7'2'' bars

magnets keep bar in position. I know because we have this system in my gym.

Happened 2 weeks ago. Got my hand stuck between the safeties and the bar when I was doing 2.5pl8 squats cause I was trying to grind through the last rep and didn't listen to my body.

Definitely am going to dump the weight from now on when I feel like I can't finish and I won't be trying to hold onto the bar like a retard either.

just dont hold so far out on the bar

I do lowbar squats so my hand position is a little narrower than on bench.

I also tipped to the left because my right foot is a little stronger, so there's that too.

the fuck u benching pl style or bb style?
im benching pl style and my grip is pretty damn narrow, NOWHERE near the safties

how teh fug can u jam fingers on safties at this width?

see

This was a few years ago before I started lifting, I cycled like crazy and pitched baseballs.

>get home after a long day of exercise and take a shower
>balls feel strange
>begin to hurt
>waddle into kitchen where parents are
>"my balls feel weird"
>take me to clinic
>driving over speed bumps with fucked up balls
>"yeah, they're fucked alright. You need to go to the hospital"
>4 doctors/nurses feel my balls
>ultra sound
>testicular torsion
>spend night in hospital
>surgery on balls next morning
>6 weeks couldn't leave the house, could barely walk normally without waddling

It took an entire year to recover from fully.

Holy shit. Was it from all that cycling?

This, warm up properly and massage your neck and traps

Anti-inflammation only makes it heal slower. It's only useful if the inflammation is too bad in the acute phase.

t. did too much squat volume and got patellar tendinitis

I laughed more than I should have

If you've had pain for 1 month then it's obviously tendonosis and not tendonitis and obviously anti-inflammatories wont do anything. Stupid cunt

I call bs on entire year to recover from a simple surgery where they stich your lose ball to your scrotum so it wont twist again

The doctors said it had a lot to do with your genetics, and it just happens sometimes.

By "1 year to recover fully" I mean until my balls felt 100% like they did before I had the surgery. Took about 2 months to be able to walk normally and exercise again.

Almost hurt my back doing squats