Best weight loss exercises with a bad arm?

I injured my arm doing a shit load of situps a few months ago. I'm obese (5'7", 250lbs) and have stopped working out because of my injury. but I'm sick of making excuses. What are the best workouts to do when one of your arms doesn't really work well and can't handle much strain?

Cardio. Start building endurance. It's good for your heart and insulin. That being said, best way to lose weight is through diet

To lose fat?
Fork putdowns and being more active.
That's litterally it.

>I injured my arm doing a shit load of situps
I meant to say pushups. Not that it really matters, but this typo annoyed me.

Obviously fork putdowns are the main thing, but if I want to add some actual exercise on top of that, and not just "walk more" I'd like to know what''s the best cardio for someone with a shitty arm and knees that aren't really ready for much running atm.

Just walk everywhere. If it takes 5 minutes or less by car just walk. Eat less. If you feel hungry, drink water and wait 20 minutes to see if you're actually hungry. Or go for a walk. Don't sit around as often. If you have to watch tv do some squats (unweighted) while you're watching.

Thx. Yeah I try to walk everywhere I can. I walk to and from work even though it's about an hour each way.

Swimming, shadowboxing, step ups, and walking.
Walking at a good pace is KING of exercises and it is the thing that every even moderately overweight and undertrained person should start with when it comes to exercise.

If you can't walk for 1 full hour at a decent pace nonstop then you are fundamentally unhealthy.

I am fundamentally unhealthy lol. Time to start off slow, I guess. thx.

Ex fatty speaking here and I recommend cycling it is easy because you are sitting down and you just push yourself further every day I done that for 6 months and went from 110 kg to 85 kg and now I have been lifting for a further 4 months and I'm 79kg now and everythings starting to take shape although I still have a bit of skin left but seriously feel so much better about my body and my health and don't regret it remember EVERY little thing you do counts towards achievement doing something is better than doing nothing and from there it just gets better

NO not start off slow start off fucking full gun cunt you only have 1 life 1 youth why waste it by being a fat cunt you need to be alpha and buff in 12 months and if you aren't cunt, then you are just lazy

Thx man, that really helps.

I want to push myself but I just don't want to go too far. By that I mean hurt myself. I was doing way too many pushups and that's how I ended up injuring my arm in the first place. I know when I'm being lazy, and I'll make sure to push myself, safely.

Once your arm is healed get a gym membership ASAP and just start lifting it is so good for strength and tone and the weight loss is just an added bonus and honestly after 2 months at the gym of your routine and it fully becomes normal and it feels abnormal to not go to the gym your body isn't constantly sore anymore and from there the hardest part is the eating

and when I say ASAP i mean ASAP I put off a gym membership for 2 years and i could have afforded it the whole time and I had the spare time because I done nothing but lurk /b/ and /pol/ and if I started 2 years ago what would my life be like now

Yeah, eating is the hardest part for me (hence why I'm fat). I think being held accountable by someone else would help.

Yeah I'm broke af right now and only have a few bucks to my name. Next week's check is going to go to gifts for my family. But I'll be getting another check around new years as well as perhaps $ as a gift. I'll def use that. Is Planet Fitness really that bad? It's like the only gym I can afford atm.

I don't know about american gyms I go to a gym in New Zealand called Snap fitness

also a good starting routine the same 1 I started on(infact I'm not even experienced enough to know if it's good or not I just know it's working for me now) is 5 sets 10 reps 5 days push pull brosplit
>Monday:shoulders/lats
>tuesday:bicep/tricep
>wednesday: rest day
>thursday: chest and back
>friday: legs
>saturday: core
>sunday: rest day

You remind me so much of myself 10 months ago just know it can be done and it will be hard at first but it's all about the lifestyle change and embracing it Willpower it just do it man just fucking do it

Nice! Do you do cardio on top of this?

Thanks man. I'm you winning inspires me to win as well.

Nah I don't do any cardio now apart from the occasional run on sundays just to keep my cardio at a healthy level

Did you do some in the beginning? I'm thinking that at my heavy weight it's best to do something like 70% cardio 30% weights.

A bit untalented, but I recently fucked up my wrist at the gym and I believe it got fucked up because of curls. What did I do wrong? I thought curls were safe and easy. How long until my wrist is OK again? Took a week off gym and came back today and it's still fucked.

How much do you weigh? and nah I just went straight into it with a friend who had been doing that routine for a year already and he just taught me form and the routine and cut all cardio out until my sunday runs that i started a couple of months back because I wanted to make sure every muscle was getting equal attention and I couldn't sacrifice any of them for a cardio day and I couldn't do cardio on top of it all because the human body without roids can't actually handle that much excercise and you will actually lose gains by overworking

A bit unrelated *

I'm 5'7" and 250 lbs, so pretty heavy. I'm categorized as "obese". I want to get built but first things first is losing this weight.

doctor it man I had a mate that actually pulled his tendon at the gym and had to have a month off upper body and the cunt just does 2 leg days and a core day for the month

Legs it is then.
Thank you

Lifting will make you lose weight just as effectively as cardio but it comes with the added bonus of aesthetics cardio is still something that you want for endurance but prioritise lifting even when you are fat with underdeveloped muscles just lift to your own weight

>Lifting will make you lose weight just as effectively as cardio

Dude, that's a fucking lie.

what are you on? lifting weights will not make you lose weight faster. long, extended cardio burns calories way more than short bursts of exercise.

i do recommend you start lifting weights now though, OP. you'll literally cut your time lifting needed to look good if you start lifting now. you have somewhat above average muscle due to your body's weight. i made the same mistake you're making when i lost weight years ago and i do not recommend it.

I personally experienced 6kg of weight loss in my first 3 weeks of lifting

I never said faster I said just as effectively as in it will still do the same job it just has the added bonus of aesthetics

Your personal experience means less then fucking nothing.

Lifting, especially the babbies first powerlifting routine that is pushed around here, does not burn more calories then cardio.

Building and maintaining muscle after doing babby's first powerlifting routine will eventually lead to increased metabolism and that will lead to fat loss.
However, the act of lifting weights, does not burn as many calories as you think it does. Especially for noobs or intermediates.

Thanks for that information I actually just got a better understanding on how lifting correlates with weight loss

>Randy the Macho Man Savage
>Hand of the Lord our Saviour
>Died to stop the Rapture
>Died to protect your Gains

F

Thx, that helps a lot.

>5'7

Eh he

honestly, at your weight, whatever the fuck exercise you do is not really worth it, you can fuck up your joints and future you will have to deal with that. instead, just look up counting calories and do that until you are at a weight that won't kill your knees / elbows, lets say 185, then start exercising

of course if you have access to ultra safe shit, like a pool, or a bike, or an elliptical, then start now. but keep in mind that if you don't wanna give a shit about your health, you can just eat fewer calories and you'll look thinner.