Tfw leaner and more jacked with intuitive eating than I ever was tracking calories and macros like a total autist

>tfw leaner and more jacked with intuitive eating than I ever was tracking calories and macros like a total autist

then be happy and fuck off

I feel ya bra, doing pretty much the same and I don't get how it works better...

How do I eat intuitively?

The food I eat is focused on protein sources, with perhaps something fibrous - and I eat every 2-3s (set timer on phone, average is 2.5 hours in between each meal)

So basically it's like.

8:00AM: Whey/Skim milk with something small and fibrous (usually bit of fruit)

10:30AM: 3 Eggs or so

12:30PM: Sandwich with a few slices of light cheese, might even throw in a NORMAL 200-350ml soda (not diet)

3:30PM: Whey/Skim milk with a few almonds

6:00PM: Meat or Poultry with some veggies

8:30 to 9:00PM: Whey/Skim milk with something like peanut butter

>(obviously this isn't how i eat everyday, it's just an example)

I'm probably eating around 1,500 to 2,000 calories a day, probably not getting as much protein as I use to, but I feel it hasn't made a difference, and I feel like it's much easier to stick to this, never feel hungry.

Gone are the days of me IIFYMing junk into my diet, drinking tons of diet sodas. feeling hungry all the time.....and my body looks and feel much more aesthetic. Intuitive eating is amazing.

I'm 5'11 about 15% bodyfat 220 on the knocker and cut on 3500 calories.

I fast until after I train, fuck your eating 2.5 hours. That's ultimate broscience brother..

Look at the big picture here with me

you eat lets say 14000 calories a week, you think each meal is going to change your body in any way or shape depending on the meal timing throughout the day..

then you must not like to eat

go away

Mate, don't call me a broscienctist.

I literally tracked macros day in day out from 2013 to 2015. Food scale, MFP, everything. Never failed to hit my protein goals etc. It didn't do anything magic for my body, what it did was pretty much give me an eating disorder and made me extremely obsessed with food.

I had to force myself to stop tracking everything because it was taking over my life, IIFYM was meant to HELP, not make it worse.

Not only is my body looking better just eating eating intuitively (because I'm never binging or anything - which stuff like IIFYM can cause), but my mental state is 1000x better. I no longer think about food all day. I just set a timer for every 2-3 hours, and eat something using common sense.

Shit, half the reason I look better right now could be because I'm not stressed about food anymore, that stress that came with tracking everything meticulously probably fucked with my psychological frame of mind, which impacted on me physiologically as well.

Take from that what you will, but don't call me a fucking broscience-fag. I've been lifting for 6+ years, pretty much tried all sorts of dieting/nutritional methods you know.

So the moral of the story is: if you're so autistic that you can't weigh out and track food without losing your fucking mind, then you shouldn't do it.

Thanks for the tip

Actually I do, read IIFYM, tracking autistically, as well as trying stuff like Intermittent fasting, pretty much gave me a binge-eating disorder. Not the kind where you throw it all up either, the kind where you eat everything and gain significant amounts of fat, followed by months of tracking calories to get it off again.

Intuitive eating has essentially caused my body to enter a state of perfection. I no longer feel like binging, I no longer feel like eating shit, I feel satiated all day, on far less calories than I was when I tracked everything meticulously. I now understand how so many lean aesthetic mother fuckers do it without tracking a thing.

Mate, a huge percentage of people that diet down using IIFYM or any kind of calorie tracking, usually end up developing eating disorders and becoming food obsessive.

It's a topic that nobody in the online fitness world wants to talk about because it's everyone's dirty little secret.

>stressed

WHy are you stressed?

I actually like counting macros. It's fine trying to figure out what to eat that is you know, XXX calories and will fit perfectly in my remaining macros

If it's not fun for you then just prepare meals like everyone else does

Dude, this is me. Once I let go of fucking GUILT over food I began eating naturally. I feel like some fucking wizard. It took forever to deprogram my brain from years of conditioning, but I feel at peace with food now.

I've been counting calories for years and years, no eating disorder, I don't feel bad about it, it just lets me control my weight easily.

The fact that a bunch of people get eating disorders easily doesn't discredit calorie tracking. It just means that people susceptible to mental illness will be triggered easily. A mentally healthy person won't get a disorder from counting calories.

Nice, happy to hear that man!

I understand there are people that can do it and it doesn't impact on their life at all. I understand tracking calories/macros work, but I no longer think it's something you necessarily HAVE to be doing to achieve amazing results.

You could say I achieved my results with tracking, but I'm maintaining them + improving, without tracking. So that sort of does bring up the question of how effective is tracking everything to the T like an autist?

I always use to ask people at my gym that looked good what their nutrition/diet was like, and I never met a single one that said they tracked calories, or knew anything about IIFYM. Every single aesthetic person at my gym that I asked over the last few years have always said they just eat a healthy meal every few hours, with some protein.

That's the overwhelming answer from all the aesthetic fuckers I see in real life. Remember, you can't fake aesthetics in real life using angles and lighting, like you can in photos on Veeky Forums, these guys are actually truly aesthetic since they look aesthetic in the FLESH, not just in pics taken with perfect angles/lighting.

t. someone who just barfed in the toilet for a 3rd time.

What do you think is better for your body? Eating when your body says feed me or waiting until its "meal time". Stuffing yourself with brown rice and chicken when your already way to full, or eating until you feel satisfied.

IIFYM is a godsend for cutting. But thats what it is, a diet for a temporary time used successfuly by pro bodybuilders who are trying to get ready for a contest which is part of their job and survival to win.

You are not 15% at 220 pounds if you are 5'11.

Some people have a decent diet when eating "intuitively". The problem being that many people, especially those who had weight problems or an unhealthy upbringing, have fucked up eating habits. Counting calories ensures that they don't eat too much, or too little. If eating intuitively ends up with you eating a balanced diet with the right number of calories, that's great, but I feel like that wouldn't work out most of the time.

>What do you think is better for your body? Eating when your body says feed me or waiting until its "meal time". Stuffing yourself with brown rice and chicken when your already way to full, or eating until you feel satisfied.

I don't do either of those things. I eat when I'm hungry, the exception being having a small meal 2-3 hours pre-workout, those I'm pretty much always hungry for that anyway.

Even when bulking I don't make myself sick, I just eat more calorie dense foods and track calories. I think IIFYM is good for changing body comp, but shitty for actual health.

I think the best method is counting calories along with a balanced diet including lots of vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.

This may come as a surprise, and most Veeky Forumsizen "broscientists" will claim it's false, but recent medical evidence has indicated that the primary factor, by far, in determining how much muscle mass you put on during a period of training is actually solely calorie input, not the source of the calories. They found almost negligible differences between participants on a high protein vs high fat vs high carbohydrate diet.

Basically, your body has evolved over millions of years to be able to convert nutrients into whatever it needs at the time, with a few exceptions (such as essential amino acids). However, even these essential nutrients are being found to be converted from other nutrient sources in ways we didn't think possible.

Moral of the story is that being super stringent about counting calories and macros and whatnot has an almost negligible difference in comparison to intuitively eating a fuck ton and training hard. Just listen to your body.

Source.
I'm serious.

Good thread, probably the only Veeky Forums relevant thread on here right now.

I can actually believe this.

I don't see any difference in gains when I eat 50g protein a day, or 100g or 150g or 200g. It doesn't seem to matter to my body. Total calories is what has really significant changes to my body comp.

It isn't an issue of time either, I spent my first 2 years lifting eating 200g+protein per day, 5 years in, I'm lucky if I eat more than 100g per day, still making gains.

I'm in the same boat OP. I couldn't get in to lifting until I stopped worrying about specific macros and just shot for a daily caloric goal.

Multiple times I started lifting and gave up because trying to meet specific macro ratios was stressing me out. Since I stopped caring about macros and just started shooting for an overall caloric goal I've been lifting for two years. Other people have better progress painstakingly hitting macros, but it's just not worth the stress for me.

I used to count calories and macros but stopped as it's a pain in the ass when you live with your gf.

it was easy to count calories when everything in the fridge was consumed by me, eg. counting the milk by the carton. now I eat out more often, snack more, foods disappear and appear in the fridge etc.

hasn't changed much other than the grocery bill being more expensive as I dont eat so rigid now and me being a bit happier enjoying food more

Bullshit.