/sqt/ Stupid Questions General

Since there is no conatinment thread for this, let's make a thread.

My question:
Just started SS, I should be progressing by 2.5kg every session on some of my lifts, however my gym only has 5kg plates and up in barbell section of the gym. This makes the smallest increase of 10kg.

It prevents me from following the program as intended. Should I increase by 10kg every 4 sessions and do 1 and 2 reps more on 2nd and 3rd session respectively?

e.g.
Session 1 - 50kg 3x5
Session 2 - 50kg 3x6
Session 3 - 50kg 3x7
Session 4 - 60kg 3x5

Wat do?

Is HIIT meant to be run/jog or run/walk?

Because jogging slowly on a treadmill feels terrible.

What kind of shitty gym doesnt have 2.5 AND 1.25kg plates?

I would honestly buy my own and bring them

They do have them but they are in the further section where all the benches are.

Plus the bars are a bit different, the ones in squat/deadlift section have grooves on the bar ends, plates are solid rubber and have different locking system than the ones in benches - those are regular smooth bars with iron plates and spring locks.

HIIT is working out to elevate your heart rate as high it'll go, then resting until it comes down to normal, then repeating.

What are some foods high in carbs? I'm trying to bulk up and get those noon gains with SS but, I don't know my foods too well. Any suggestions?

Have you tried increasing the weight by 10kg? I assume that you have and that you were unable to finish your last two sets with 5 reps.
If that's the case, you can do your current weight at the current set:reps, but do as many as reps as you can on the last set.

If you find yourself unable to move the 10kg addition at all, you can either buy your own plates to bring (they're pretty inexpensive as far as weights go), go to another gym, or do accessory work in order to strengthen your facilitating muscles. I'd probably just buy my own plates.

Bread, pasta, potatoes.

Buy your own plates and bring them. They're pretty cheap, you can get them for like $5

I am 133 at 5'7". Bulk or cut? Pretty skinnyfat pham

Do you have anything that would pop out after the cut? If no then bulk.

I would also bulk. I am 5'7" and that's what I did atleast.

More like sprint/run

You know those guys in progress threads who used to be obese & are now skinny but with super loose skins & a fuck ton of old & faded stretch marks? Can they get fresh purple stretch marks from lifting/bulking?

If I do 10 reps of +25kg dips (at 90kg bw) with ease, but find it hard to go above 80kg in a bench press for 8 reps, does it mean my bench badly lags behind?

Having a hard time getting motivated to wake up at 430 and lift at 5. Lifting alone sucks. How do I deal with this fit? I need motivation. How do you guys do it?

so walk over and rack the small plates.
I always went up by 5kg on diddlies and skwatz, although as you go higher expect less returns on investment

oats.
>tfw the Veeky Forums adage of squats and oats has been lost to the annals of time

Is it possible for you to lift in afternoon?

No. I work all day and coach a sport all afternoon

What is this thing? I was told it was for situps but I just don't see how. Any ideas on how to use it or what the name is?

How far am i supposed to close this?

I haven't been to the gym in 12 days because stupid shit. Should I attempt to go for my usual weight or lower it?

Until they touch tips (no homo). That's as far as they can go.
You can try to go for your usual weight, but it's unlikely that you would be just as strong as you were 12 days ago.