Does anyone else love Historia Civilis? Shame he doesnt upload more

Does anyone else love Historia Civilis? Shame he doesnt upload more

ofc, he should take his time

Agree.
Every 4 weeks is a long time

The amount of depth is really cool as well. Im really looking forward to the next rome one. I think its gonna be alexander again next month

I apreciate his videos since he does seem to read quite a bit from the original sources and everytime he states an opinion it never strikes me as politically motivated

The only thing i can think of is that ge called aristotle lame for criticising the monopoly of the economy woman had in Sparta

Tbf if he didn't he probably would've been deleted for implied hate speech.

He is pretty even in fariness but Spartan episode was full soy

>Oh this time it's the women that are accumulating the wealth and filibustering any populist reform, so cool and nice!
>them wimminz just having a good time dindu nuffin
>those stupid drumpftard spartans should've taken in some Arcadian diversity in and been more tolerant then they wouldn't have dwindled away, hahah, get your shit together spartan men, I bet the gerontia is to blame for this, fucking old white men

The overview of the Athenian constitution was much more tactful if it had any bias at all but since I don't recall anything buttflustering me it might as well have been nonexistent.

But then again in Herodotus it is remarked that Spartans called barbarians "foreigners" also. Were Spartans the OG beta soyboys?
>I mean fucking come on it's the 111th Olympiad just enter the Hellenic Union and take our fucking Aeolian migrant quota bigot
>tear down greek walls not persian bridges

Ik giving him €12 per video.
Still waiting for my mug though.

but he does mention the women holding all the power in Sparta were tacitly culpable of the whole place stagnating and dying, with all the wealth going nowhere.

Historia civilis is fucking kino.

I actually became interested in Rome solely because of him. Before that I didn't really give a fuck about them

I like him but he said that Caesar committed """genocide""" in gaul. Bit of a soyboy opinion desu.

the real soyboy opinion is hearing genocide and thinking it's inherently a bad thing.

THIS

Sometimes genociding a single group prevents far worse things from happening, such as had the chinese genocided the mongols while they were divided

He's great. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's so against Cato.
Mike Duncan was pretty good too when it comes to Rome stuff.

I

wiping out an entire people is preferable than exploiting them

I'm one of his patrons, he is probably my favourite YT'r honestly. His videos, even his really old ones, all read like they have had thought put into them and are well researched. But more then that, they have nearly no chaff or waste, they are nearly always direct and too the point, leaving just enough to invite the audience to do there own research. Absolute 10/10 an example to others. Although I do wish he was more transparent with when the next video would be uploaded and talk more with his audience but hay ho, some creators don't like doing it that way.

How else would you describe exterminating an entire tribe, including the non-combatants?

>attack romans and kill them while they give you a chance to live peacefully under them
WAHHHH HE SLAUGHTERED ALL OF US ITS NOT FAIR, WE DINDU NUFFIN

>it's possible to exploit a group which has revolted and shown no interest to being under your rule

>it's idiotic to grant their prestigious members of society rights and privileges so that they can better control the proles

>real life is like eu4 where you increase autonomy and decrease dissent and the grateful locals will not use their autonomy to secede from you

reverse sjw's
brainlet posters

Sage this thread right now

I'm actually referring to Caesar's conquest of Gaul. He promised wealth and citizenship to the Gallic aristocracy so that they wouldn't rebel. Of course, it helped that he defeated and humiliated Vercingetorix a few years back.

Granting a certain amount of rights and privileges does work, as shown in the Romanization of Iberia, Gaul, and Britannia. The citizenship system in Rome also helped tremendously.

Christ, that would be sight to see.

aren't his musical compositions original? The amount of prep must be unreal.