Been lifting for a year and a half

>been lifting for a year and a half
>bench 1rm is 155lbs and not going up

Am I low test? I feel like I'm doing everything right and not progressing nearly as fast as I should. I also have super low sex drive, lack of energy, depression, etc. Should I go to the doctor? I'm 18 btw.

are you eating enough?

I was bulking for about 3 months but I stopped cause I was only gaining shitty fat.

Bench more.
Eat more.
Don't overthink the method by which you achieve these two things. You MUST persevere.

Huh. Well when you put it like that I guess it is pretty simple. I still feel like every bro who doesn't know shit about lifting gets to lmao2pl8 bench in under a year, meanwhile here I am.

1. people are e-statting a lot or not using correct form.
2. it also depends on your leverages. Long arms are a pain in the ass for benching. So a short armed person will naturally get to 2 pl8s easier.

aim for 1.2g of protein per pound of bodyweight

3-4 sets of 4-5 reps at your max weight. rest 3 minutes between sets. warm up properly. and stretch afterwards.

you'll made it, was in your shoes before

>not lift and eat like shit for year and half
>bench goes from almost 300lb 1rm to about a 200lb 1rm

and I dont even got good genetics man. You must be doing something wrong. Increase the volume and stop being afraid of eating.

iktfb

did SS, only got fat

Lol you're doing something wrong. I've been going to the gym for a year now and my 1rm is 90kg and no I don't have a diet or even bulked really.

Why are you doing 1rm's?
Crank out 5x5 bench twice a week at a comfortable but heavy weight and add 2.5lbs every session.

>I ate too much
Ftfy

>medfag here
Not everyone can expect the same progress. 155 lbs for a year and a half is not great but there is worse. If you're unsure about your sex drive etcetera go visit a doc they can easily run a blood test, but I can tell you for 99% your complaints are not due to low testosterone, it's very rare and just because it's easy to throw everything on a hormone doesn't mean it's true.
Low test for fitizens is like the slow thyroid for fat chicks.

If you actually have depression you would probably benefit most from figuring out why you have it or getting treatment for that. Depression itself can cause everything you are describing and is way way more likely to present itself in an 18 yo boy.

Change your rep range to maybe 5x10 with 0.75-1pl8 this helped me break the same plateau.

building muscle without a caloric surplus does not happen unless you are a newfag, detrained, or on gear

eat a surplus or spin your wheels forever "recomping"

155 1rm bench after 1.5 years of consistent lifting

Are you you xx chromosomes or double didget weight in pounds? If not something is wrong with you or you are not exercising properly.

Same. I was stuck at 175lbs 3x5 forever until I dropped the weight to 165, did 5x8-10, then hit 180 4x5 the next week.

my lifts arent going up

>you can never eat enough

my lifts arent going up and now im fat

>8 2 much lol

>building muscle without a caloric surplus does not happen unless you are a newfag, detrained, or on gear
Thats a load of horseshit

You can be on a cutting diet and gain muscle, its just not as efficient

No, that's a physical impossibility.

Its not impossible at all, if you diet correctly providing all the proper macro/micro intakes but reduce your carb intake you can gain muscles while losing fat. Its not as quick as dedicated cutting or bulking but it is easily achievable.

got a spotter? I used to just put another 2,5kgs on the 5th set, even when I already failed the 4th one.
Just push your body to the limit. I went from 120lbs to 190lbs 5reps within ~3 months

Iv been doing it for years. The problem is Veeky Forums is retarded and cant into diet so there is no point even talking about it here. As long as you consume an excess of protein your body wont resort to burning muscles to supplement your missing energy.

It's not impossible wtf.

Kill yourself.

You should've read the sticky newfag. The first thing you fucked up is your diet. You need to count your macros and avoid processed food and sugar.

16~18 * lb of body weight = total amount of calories you need on a bulk.

1~1.5g per lb of bw = the amount of protein you need.

20~25% of your total calorie intake = your limit of fat.

40~75% of your total calorie intake = your limit of carbs.

You need to lift by the numbers. It takes a while, but let your inner Pythagorean out. Praise the numbers; they're perfect.

not that user, but what about gaining strength if you're not a novice? I started my first cut a month ago after my linear progression ran out on stronglifts, but my lifts are stalling at the same weights even with getting enough protein/fat (reduced carbs to get a caloric deficit).

if you don't have enough excess calories to repair muscles after lifting heavy, how can adaptation occur as an intermediate to advanced lifter? or does this just happen far slower?

I've googled this, but there are camps of both people saying it can or can't be done

wait? so what's the best food for me to eat while i want to slim down and also build muscle?

There is literally no point to lifting unless you have roids

>implying a program makes you fat

Post more Veeky Forums feels guy

Is-is that it...?

I can attest. Got bloods done and test was like 120 but free test was somehow normal and thyroid ended up being underactive. It wouldn't hurt to get your blood drawn just to check shit out, though.

It took me 9 months to be able to do 1 dip i was so weak. 7 years later i am the state usapl bench press record holder. Dont worry about how you start, just set goals and go after them.

you want more?

My chest got bigger when I was 19-20
>110kg x 10 bench from 80kg x 3 in 7 months

ye

Are you working out every day you're supposed to? Is you routine pants on head retarded? Are you actually eating enough? I lifted through highschool doing all those things wrong and never benched more than 185. Even though you don't feel like a beginner since you have been lifting for over a year, I would suggest starting fresh. Re-read the sticky, deload your weight and maybe try a simple beginner routine if you're not already doing that