Why are rotator cuff exercises (mainly external rotations) barely mentioned or talked about among any fitness community...

why are rotator cuff exercises (mainly external rotations) barely mentioned or talked about among any fitness community even though it's in the top 3 places that get injured the most (with lower back and knee pain)?

Even pulling at least 1.5x more than pushing doesn't really eliminate a high chance of rotator cuff injury since this muscle is never directly worked

Bump for interest

Why do people even do overhead dumbbell press when there's such a high chance of injury???

Because rotator injuries ate mostly a form, mobility and warm up problem not an actual strength problem

>external rotations exercises
Rows?

But your rotator cuff gets worked with most upper body compounds

This

After continually suffering with shoulder problems I'm pretty convinced that direct RC work has any benefit. It's 99% about mobility

but the chances are also reduced if the rotator cuff is strong enough

Is Arnold Press also bad?

Maybe but the RC will never be strong enough to cancle out 200-300+ lbs of force because of shitty form or mobility

Isn't it usually supraspinatus that gets fucked? And that you can strength with pressing or lateral raise etc

What's the alternative?

Landmines

had a teres minor strain last week
external rotations are definitely helping

The muscles of the rotator cuff are stabilizers and are used when doing most activities with the upper extremity. They don't need to be strong they need endurance as most injuries come from fatigue and improper movement patterns. Bottom line is, it's much more important to have good mobility and perform exercises properly then it is to specifically target the cuff. Since the cuff has to work hard to stabilize the shoulder joint while working over head, most things you do in the gym are enough, motor control and proper form is what's important.

/thread

Who here is on the rotator cuff /DL/?

Going in for an MRI in a few weeks. I haven't been doing much lifting as a result and it sucks.

I've been doing rotator cuff isolation exercises ever since I started bouldering, since it's such a common climbing injury

>tfw never stretched
>tfw doing tucks and cartwheels into breakdancing and still no problems

I don't do those anymore, but I still don't do any maxes or low reps

Because it's about LIFTING OR YOURE A PUSSY and GETTING DEM GAINZ BRUH!

Actual fitness and healthy exercise is something that is simple free and anyone can do and the actual information about becoming truly healthy is both unsexy and bad for business.

or simply pic related
rom is much wider

I do these

I do that but with a cable since I hurt my shoulder on the bench a few weeks ago.

who says this?

faggot