If you could go back in time, and give yourself some pointers as you were just starting to lift...

If you could go back in time, and give yourself some pointers as you were just starting to lift, what would tell yourself?

>Consistency and persistence are the most important variables in making it.

Don't bother because you're short.

Eat more.

Use weights instead of calisthenics.

Don't do so many sets. 8 sets three days a week is enough.

don't lift for women

This

She's not worth it, you are.

Eat less. You are not a genetic freak. You do not need that much protein.

5*5 only for the first 6 months.

Your arms take waaaaaaaay more than you think to grow. At minimum 3*10.

Hit both heads of the tricep.

Use dumbells more to help keep symmetry.

Fucking do cardio.

Fucking do rows.

>Don't bother with low reps
>Never listen to the internet

>it's not genetics
>you don't have to eat every single thing your stepmom gives you for dinner
>see if you can shave that mile down to less than 12 minutes

Don't let yourself get fat

I literally fucked around for 2 years reading and trying different splits when all I wanted to do was a bodypart-split, "buhu muh protean synthzuz", it's really the only style I enjoyed but I was told "not to do it", started doing it, enjoyed the fuck out of it, made great gains. So yeah, do what you like and be consistent, also I wish I put more energy into diet, actually counting calories instead of guessing.

>Hit both heads of the tricep.
>tricep
>two heads

this one finally learned

I wouldn't listen anyway, because I was a teenager, so none.

>"Calisthenics only will get you nowhere. Go to the fucking gym and mix it up with a bit of calisthenics if you really want to. Start sleeping more. Stop being a fucking aut(he)ist. Oh, and dont break up with her unless you want to be a virgin until you're 18."

Was a 15 y o loner neckbeard atheist autist. Now I'm good, lots of friends, go out almost every weekend.

"Sleep you stupid fucking faggot, it's the most important fucking thing you can do to feel healthy, energetic and motivated. Dumb cunt".

Disregard women. Acquire gains.

Don't get fat again.
>tfw fatty now

>don't lift for women
Came here to post this.

1. good form is always the first priority, getting those extra reps or weight is not worth an injury or imbalance

2. don't overwork yourself or a muscle area and any pain that isn't clearly DOMs should only be treated with rest

I don't know. I'd still be just as clueless.

Sauce

Stretch and work on mobility before every workout

Get on the tren sooner