Hey remember when France invaded Mexico?

Hey remember when France invaded Mexico?
lmao

All I remember is that foreign legion squad that did a 300 spartan like standoff

CamarĂ³n battle, incredible one

>it was to put a Habsburg, Franz Josef's younger brother, on the throne as Emperor of Mexico

genius. i'm shocked it worked.

How high was the desertion in that war?

5000 thousands french killed in battle, 30000 mexicans dead.
Nice ratio

One of the few interesting events on that whole hemisphere. The rest is so boring.

Never doubt the tenacity of the Habsburgs.

>he doesn't know about the glorious clusterfuck that was the Mexican Revolution

US history is far from boring, and Canadian history is interesting in its weird little comfy way
can't say much about the rest since I don't know many specifics, but Brazil between the 1930s and '60s was at least culturally interesting; and there were lots of wars in South America in the 19th century

South america during 19th century is interesting for sure, and not only the wars for independence.
The War of the Triple Alliance was one of the largest conflict in the whole continent for example.

t. urbopleb

>nada personal Franceses

*bloquea tu camino*

There was a guy at the battle of Zacatecas who tried to charge a huertista machine gun position on an Indian motorcycle while firing a revolver.

*destruye la unica chance que su pais tuvo de tener un gobierno competente y ser relevante*

Remember when France lost a war to Mexico?
Lmao

>implicando que los conservadores no lo hubieran haber Sacado de poder por liberal

>Los conservadores lo hubieran asesinado por liberal pero en su lugar fue asesinado por los liberales
Just mexico
>no lo hubieran haber Sacado
google translate is not working?

Nah more like no formal education in spelling Spanish words (i went to school in America

everything about that conflict seemed so spur of the movement. it reminds me of the Russian Civil War with all the different factions

some of my favourite episodes
>June 1906, Cananea
>mining town, workers strike
>American owner refuses to negotiate, shit getting tense
>since the town is on the US border (and far as fuck from any substantial Mexican law enforcement), he has a posse of Arizona Rangers come from across the border
>to avoid the fact this a foreign military intervention, he has the Sonoran governor deputize the Rangers, making them Mexican policemen (safe to say the strike was put down)

even better tbf
>be Bernardo Reyes, lose 1911 presidential election
>tries to provoke popular revolt to get in power but fails and gets put in jail
>coincidentally in the same jail as Felix Diaz (Porfirio's brother), with whom he starts plotting a coup
>February 1913: Reyes and Diaz easily break out, take refuge in Mexico City armory with allied troops
>Mexican Army deployed, end up recklessly firing artillery in downtown Mexico City, causing many deaths and publicly discrediting President Francisco Madero (American ambassador even asked him to resign)
>Madero's brother Gustavo finds out that Victoriano Huerta - the general in charge of putting down the coup who took his damn time doing so - is plotting his own coup
>Huerta is arrested, brought to president's office, but Madero doesn't believe his brother and takes general's side
>next day, Madero is overthrown; Huerta becomes president with American support, Gustavo is killed

oh and that time some American sailors got arrested for being drunk/unruly, so the US Navy came in and demanded the Mexicans give them a 21-gun salute, and when they didn't the Marines were sent to occupy Veracruz (Mexico's biggest port on the Atlantic; it was all really to prevent Germany from sending in weapons)

During the same time period, the U.S. Civil War, France was also supporting a Mapuche insurrection in Patagonia, Spain invaded the Dominican Republic, went to war with Chile and Peru, and even the U.K. almost went to war with Brazil.

That should show retarded spics that without the U.S. to enforce the Monroe Doctrine, their petty republics would have been conquered by European empires and treated as harshly as Africa.

as opposed to being economically colonized by the US itself?
hey, from a geopolitical perspective I cant blame them for asserting a sphere of influence, but Puerto Rico is still an American protectorate after its 'liberation' from Spain

and the french were plotting to help the south win the war against the north once they annexed mexico to their empire
good things those spics were there to save the day or the us would be a completely different clusterfuck nowadays

This is such an aesthetic flag

"implicando que los conservadores no lo hubieran sacado de poder por liberal" is perfectly written, i dont know why you wrote "hubieran haber".

you have a very good spanish anyway

puto juarez ala verga, si pudiera viajar en el tiempo mal pedo voy a Oaxaca y lo mato de morrito

la concha de Juarez la puta madre, si pudiera viajar en el tiempo bien piola voy a Olx y le rompo el orto
Fixed for u