Anyone had success with completely replacing squats with leg press?

Anyone had success with completely replacing squats with leg press?

Why not do both?

power lifters and traditional lifters will tell you otherwise, but for pure leg aesthetics leg press is on par with squats, (could be better because of the ability to do supersets/drop sets easier).

Loving every laugh

yes I did

Squats always took me to much time.
Setting up the weights, waiting for the other faggots to finish etc.
So I switched to leg press and weighted lunges
But I'm a cyclist, so legs are huge anyway

Some people have problems with their back that stop them from squatting. Like my dad.

Got him to start squatting and he reported debilitating back pain.

Feel really bad about this, he was squatting with only like 100lbs, and the dude is ripped, been lifting for decades.

Really thought he would be fine.

Squats do more for your core and back muscles though

>back problems from squatting
That's called poor form

Disagree 100%. Squats are far better for quads and glutes and back and in my experience they're all round better than leg press.

His form was 100% perfect, I form checked it.

He has some problems with herninated discs, but we didn't think 100lbs would be a problem

how do I fix my back from rounding during squats? Mobility exercises?

yes it's fine, you just don't get a core workout

Don't squat with an injury.

Historical problems with his discs.

IE years ago. We thought light weight squats would be ok.

WE WERE WRONG

feel terrible man desu but he stopped doing them and he says it doesn't hurt anymore

Fix your form. Same as deadlifts- when your back rounds your hamstrings are too tight. Common symptom with squats is buttwink, again because hamstrings are too tight.

Stretch em and/or add lunges.

>Shitty hair line and a bit ugly
>Other one is a chink

So close, yet so far

Why would you? squats feel good

I have big legs as a guy anyway so I don't even bother doing squats in the first place, all I do is leg press.

could leg curls help?

I had back problems. Made the switch to leg press and it was fine. Had better results just doing hundreds of bodyweight squats and lunges though. That's my current regimen. I see better muscle development with lower weight and higher reps in general though.

If you can't squat due to injury, you could probably do some combination of leg press and accessory lifts.

Just gotta be sure to hit the entire posterior chain as well as your core.

I wouldn't suggest it if it's at all possible to squat, though.

>I have big legs as a guy anyway
lol

Squat, front squat, arm squat, overhead squat...

Leg press...... leg press..... hmmmm

it's true

It really doesn't matter for casual lifting.
Squats are one of the best leg exercises both for strength and size.

6 months back I had an inflammed disc which put me out of squats and deadlifts for a few months. I found that leg pressing heavy hurt my back a hell of a lot and that I was better off doing partial/goblet squats while my back mended. Something similar might be suitable for a person who can't squat due to a back injury. I think leg pressing would make it worse.

I'm not calling leg press useless, but it has been shown a countless million times from studies and anecdotal evidence that it is inferior to squats.

TL;DR Leg pressing could infact make back worse, goblet squats/lunges/partials is a much better solution, IMO.

my back is fucky and will not let me squat without pain but i can still deadlift just fine

to cover my leg work i do deep and heavy leg presses, leg extensions and hamstring curls, as well as throwing in an extra set or two at a lower weight after my main set on deadlift day

the strength carryover is real enough to keep my deadlifts climbing same as years back when i squatted religiously and my legs are growing

it might not be optimal but it's completely fine - just make sure to compensate for the fact that 3x5 leg presses won't be as hard hitting as 3x5 squats. you will need to program it differently and throw in volume or whatever works for you

leg press is great but it cant replace the squat

just do both

Could also be really tight hip flexors (+ quads maybe) that make it look like your hamstrings are tight. If you have this, you've probably got anterior pelvic tilt too. Should this be the case DON'T stretch your hamstrings. Strengthen them with leg curls and stretch you hip flexors, lower back and quads properly. But don't excessively stretch the hamstring and don't do stuff like romanian deadlifts that stretch the hamstring under load.

>tfw muscular thighs but kinda skinny calves

how? I never even felt my back during leg press and then there are tons of people complaining that leg press hurts their back. I dont get it. its not like I never have back issues. when I overdo it with the squats n deads I can have quite the exhausted back that hurts from just standing

that pic made me cringe so hard. Confirmed for having a dad bod late ron in life

This is the 3rd time this past week I've seen people on Veeky Forums shit on hispanics, thinking they were Asian.

How fucking sheltered are you that you can't tell an Asian from a Hispanic?

leg press is completely fine and will get ur legs big