*blocks your Bolshevik revolution*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qYe7ShXeT8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_westward_offensive_of_1918–19
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

based poles

Really cool war. If it was better known we'd have discussions here about who was the author of the climactic victory in Warsaw and things like that but the timing didn't help. Overshadowed by WWII and then the Soviets took over half of Europe prohibiting from talking freely about their greatest failure.

What was his relation with Hitler like?

no one cares because it's poland. if it was germany instead, they would jerk off their tiny dicks

He died a year or so after Hitler came into power, I don't think they had much contact although Hitler oddly enough respected him enough to attend a funeral mass in Berlin for him.

I think overall it was out of respect from one political strongman to another. Hitler liked the fact he rose to rule Poland with an iron fist and stand up to Soviet encroachment on his borders.

>poles save Europe yet again
THIS IS NOW A POLISH APPRECIATION THREAD

how many times has Poland saved Europe?
1. Ending the Ottoman siege of Vienna
2. Opposing with Hungary the EU's migration policies from shithole countries (resolution still inconclusive)

What else is there?

By the time Hitler came into power Piłsudski was near the end of his life not as sharp as before. Hitler might've respected Piłsudski a lot for being a former Austrian officer and the man who stopped the Bolsheviks but just like many other politicians from the older generation Piłsudski wasn't a fan of Hitler and considered him a troublemaker so back in 1933 he actually considered the possibility of a short war with Germany and even proposed France and UK a joint operation to depose him (which was ignored). Hitler kind of backed away and instead started courting Poland so the relationships between the two countries were better than before the Third Reich but still with no real alliance or partnership. Did Piłsudski want alliance with Germany for Poland? No. His two options were either a political block with other countries in the region or an actual close military and political alliance with Britain and France. Had he lived to 1939 I think Hitler would've simply waited a couple years more until he died. Best case scenario Piłsudski becomes Mannerheim and is able to secure remnants of Polish independence. And he certainly was such a pragmatist during WWI.
Also looks like Germany actually published Piłsudski's works in the mid 30s. They really had a thing for him.

Each time someone mentions some Europe-saving battle there's a smartass who says things like "there was no danger somebody would've stopped them anyway". Like Poitiers. Well perhaps but somebody still had to actually do the deed, right? So there were many such important battles. For Poland it was just Vienna and Warsaw but that's still not bad at all.

Poland and Hungary are the shithole countries of Europe

>Poland and Hungary are the shithole countries of Europe
Being a "shithole country of Europe" is a much higher standard than being a shithole country in general though. Or do you think Poland and Hungary are on the same scale as Haiti, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia?
Get Rekt, faggot.

Pilsudski wanted Hitler locked up behind prison bars.

why tho? source?
/pol/ told me that there was a lot of positive propaganda back and forth between Germany and Poland before Pilsudski died.

But user, that's why they're not getting overrun by migrants.

Huh, whaddya know? Guess being a "shithole" ain't so bad after all.

I know the picture in question and although it's way more truthful than other things posted on /pol/ there are some mistakes. Piłsudski never considered alliance with Germany and especially with USSR. He only said that they mustn't be enemies of Poland at the same time. That positive propaganda was coming from the German side mostly as Poland was still unsure what to do. The only interview that Hitler gave to the Polish newspaper (in reality he just asked for a list of questions then gave his answers a couple days later and he and the reporter were talking about unrelated things) was rather pleasant even though a bit formal. Hitler didn't have the best press in Poland though that particular newspaper was rather friendly to him. The picture on /pol/ also overestimates the pro-Polish gestures coming from Hitler. He was closing down newspapers and nazi officials were really doubling down on anti-Polish laws particularly in places like Free City or East Prussia. Of course most of that happened after Piłsudski died.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qYe7ShXeT8

Too bad he hated the Germans.

He only hated Russians. Germans were an instrument to him. Sometimes an ally sometimes an enemy depending on convenience.

>Invade the Ukraine
>Get shit pushed in and driven back to Warsaw
>Just barely manage to fight them off and sign a peace
>Reactionaries praise you for winning the war for almost a century

Do we celebrate Edward II's victory over the Scots?

Bait or not for the sake of the people who don't know this history
The war began on February 14th 1919 with Bolshevik attack. Following the regrouping during winter of 1919/20 Polish forces did a preemptive attack on western Ukraine together with their Ukrainian allies lead by Symon Petlura. It was April 1920.

*allows Bolsheviks to defeat White armies*
>MUH MEDZYMORZE
*attacks Soviet union*
>gets defeated
>pushed back to Warsaw
>manages to win despite own stupidity due to the competent officers
>gets memed as a saviour of Europe

There's a debate if it was him or Rozwadowski. Most sources I found cite him as the author of the final strategy. But actually attacking the "Soviet Union" (not a country back then) was the only logical choice considering that both countries were already at war and it would soon continue anyway. Unless of course you're one of those suicidal Poles who want to fight beautifully and die bravelly.

>*allows Bolsheviks to defeat White armies*
Didn't win somebody's wars for them? Somebody who denied his country's independence? Horrible.

>Somebody who denied his country's independence?
literally not a single White general meant it seriously, but its pathetic how some people meme him as a saviour of Europe from communism, while his passivity caused Reds winning the war, and even then he invaded the Ukraine, i have no doubts that USSR would have attacked Poland anyway, but there still was a chance to defeat Reds at the begginging he refused.

livonian wars against ivan the terrible

He was against almost every single policy of the members of the government who were actually the ones negotiating the deal but he also spent most of hs life fighting the tsarist regime and the whites wouldn't give him a guarantee that Poland will be able to keep its land that belonged to Russia before WWI. Maybe it was one of them or maybe it was Mannerheim who although critical of Piłsudski later said he was right.

>literally not a single White general meant it seriously

If they weren't serious about it, why didn't they just say they'll accept Polish independence in return for supporting the Whites?

>>manages to win despite own stupidity due to the competent officers
more like due to Stalin being incompetent and letting the Poles encircle the Red Army just outside of Warsaw

Was Piłsudski a chad?

to virgin lenin and tukhachevsky

3. The War of The Dirty Western European Toilets - 2005 to present

They also won the War on Vowels

>Hitler didn't have the best press in Poland
He still doesn't

White armies were against Poland's independence

It's impossible to have a word in Polish longer than one letter without a vowel so I don't know what's this all about.

He posts this in almost every thread about Poland, You should appreciate his attention.

If he's trying to learn Polish I feel bad for him. Even Tolkien gave up. You can do it just fine if you actually live in Poland though. It's always easy to learn among native speakers.

Get lost with your puny low res shitty pic. This is how you do it.

Great remake but there's something really timely about the original.

>*attacks Soviet union*
Don't be retarded.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_westward_offensive_of_1918–19

Was Estonia the first country to actually defeat the Bolsheviks or does it not count as a separate war?

I still like mine better, that one is too red.

A few SS beerhalls had Pilsudski's portrait. NSDAP officials attended his funeral. He was seen as a bulwark against Bolshevism, and revered as such.