I DID IT, FIT. FINALLY I COULD LMAO2PLATE BENCH, I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY, I COULDN'T HAVE MADE IT WITHOUT YOU GUYS...

I DID IT, FIT. FINALLY I COULD LMAO2PLATE BENCH, I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY, I COULDN'T HAVE MADE IT WITHOUT YOU GUYS, THANKS!!!!!!

Cool that's my warm up

Congrats user, work on that OHP and make those pecs look joocy

cool gym

>Holes
check agan m8 thats really 1 pl8

Cool , 3plate is mine.

lol

Nice, but I warm up with 4plate. On an incline bench

shut the fuck up

>counting the bar

2 plate is 100kg. You have 80kg pictured. You need 2.5 plates on both sides for a 2 plate AKA 100kg bench

I'm glad for you. I'm trying 1pl8 tomorrow

>You need 2.5 plates on both sides for a 2 plate

>triggered dyel

Why would you not count the bar?

because its assumed weight. Just as you don't bother counting the weight of your arms or clips, there is no need to count the bar. Mostly newbies do it to feel better about their lifts but most advanced lifters don't

Just let this meme die please

if its any consolation OP, 80kg is still around bodyweight which is good for a beginner.

bodyweight or it doesn't matter

Where'd you hear this from? Because 2 plate is pretty universally accepted as 225

I weigh exactly 100 kilos

I too remember when I first started lifting.

5pl8 warmup usually does the trick now.

It's a meme, just ignore

>Because 2 plate is pretty universally accepted as 225
find me a source other than this anime image board or lmaoreddit

> trying this hard

feel free to prove me wrong. but seriously you are really close to 2plate OP, another 6 months or so and you'll get there.

grats brah. I'm working my way up there too. We're all gonna make it

lol u weight exactly double me.
im girl tho

>being the meme gender in this day and age

>5pl8
>warming up with 3 on one side 2 on another
>HELLO SNAP CITAAAAAY

the bar counts as 1 plate moron

Don't thank us OP. Thank yourself.

Except he didn't count the bar ya dumb cunt. Op said 2pl8s. Lrn 2 read

Show me a source that says you shouldn't count the bar when determining your bench
Also
>NFL combine uses 2 plates or 225
>NBA combine uses 1.5 plates or 185
>a bunch of other obscure weight lifting competitions probably do the same but I don't pay attention to that shit so fuck you

>this fucking meme again

You're gonna mess up a newfag for real, user.

:') ..

I'm capable of doing a couple sets with 73 kilos x 3 reps

>You need 2.5 plates on both sides for a 2 plate
>2.5 is 2

are you literally retarded?

Wait. You guys don't actually count the weight of the bar? Do you also calculate gravity, the breeze in the gym or how heavy your gloves are?
>let's add a few extra kgs because my spotter was breathing heavily onto the bar during the lift
>how much do thise clips weigh?
>this plate weighs less because the paint is chipped

It's the equivalent of a swimmer calculating the slight current in the pool or a marathon runner calculating the curvature of the earth.
It is the same for everyone! So there is no need to count it! Get that through your heads. OPs pic is 80kg end of story.
2.5 plate = 100kg = 2 plate bench

have a You

(you) for the effort

nearly took the bait

brehs help me over 2 years and I'm only at lmao1.5p8!!!111! I only eat at maintenance on average is this why

KEK

I've just started SS and can't complete a set of OHP or Bench without my arms failing. Is this normal?

>not know that you only count plates on one side

Most likely

No, you are insanely weak.

Less weight man, it is literally a part of the program you claim to be doing.

ROFL

That's not bad for a beginner. I'm warming up on 6 pl8s now days. Maybe one day you will get there.

Are you the guy who slipped his disc squatting?

Wait is that like 100lbs? I'm new please be gentle.

We just established you don't count the bar moron. 5 plate is impossible to lift cleanly because it's imbalanced.
You're lying

I'm a skeleton, and I've never worked out before in my life. I used to play soccer and that's it. I'm 5'10", and I'm not sure what I weigh. Every scale I use tells me something different. Tuesday the scale at the gym said I was 123 lbs, today the same scale told me I was 112 lbs. Other scales say 126-130 lbs. Regardless, I'm basically Auschwitz mode.

>2plt
>Wait is that like 100lbs?
Well, obviously it depend on whether the weights are iron or osmium.

1 plate = 45lbs or 20kgs
2pl8 = 2 x 45lbs = 90lbs
Bar doesn't count

OP is saying he finally got a 90lbs bench

You realize that "2pl8" means 2x45kg plates on each side, right?

2pl8 is 443lbs and you're barely pushing up 225....lmaoing at your life literally.

>counting the bar

dyel bitchboi detected

Math checks out. Thanks!

kek

>not using plates on a 45 degree incline bench

You'll never get the pecs and triceps like the greats had champ.

>shitty tiny chest
>only bench and nothing else for pecs
>still do 5x230

Because bench is shit for building aesthetic pecs. Work in dumbbells or high rep incline bench.

>bench is shit for building aesthetic pecs
>bench is shit for building pecs

yea ok ur right with the whole db builds more stabilizer muscles shit but cmon

I wish I was that happy when I got there. It just made me want to push even more.

Well done though user, you've stepped from a small pond into a large river. Don't get swept away.

>comfortably bench 3x5 2pl8 2 weeks ago.
>last week bench 102.5kg for 5, then 4, then 3.
>this week, manage 102.5kg for 1 shit rep, drop down to 90kg and barely manage 5 with that with max effort

wtf is bench i hate it. some days I feel great with it and sometimes I can't move shit. My other lifts are nowhere near as inconsistent.

It is not shit but neither optimal. Fair enough

the bar doesn't count you fucking pleb. do you count the weight of your body when doing squats?