What fighting styles should a Veeky Forumsizen learn to defend themselves from fast lank monsters?

what fighting styles should a Veeky Forumsizen learn to defend themselves from fast lank monsters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SLXkyRqChvE
youtu.be/ZLqI926OgBA
youtube.com/watch?v=r8kJFnUlaEQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Learn just basic boxing

For 95% of people, getting punched in the face means you're out right away
Boxing teaches you how to not get punched and how to punch good.

WORLD STAR!!
WORLD STAR!!!

Oh shit, nigga didn't even lose his glasses.

manlets...
when
will
you
guys
LEARN?!?!

Use your brain to avoid fights.

Quality fake kick to punch that a thing of beauty

Running.

gun fu

learn judo or grappling arts and use it to disarm your opponent and resolve situations like normal functioning adults in the modern world.

>scientific/empirically proven methods of fighting
>stripped of its lethal components into a non-lethal contact sport
>useful anyways in all situations

Boxing and judo.

Buy is stupid for real world fights unless you want to get your head stomped in. Though that a only a concern if you live around a lot of Niggers/Spics

pussy

Bjj, damn autocorrect

Take-downs and holds. Strength training is ideal for this.

I'll have you know that I'm a certified cock pleasurer.

Judo is only useful if you manage to fight someone who can take a punch
An arm lock will take anyone the fuck out

But if you're just dealing with some nigger mugging you, boxing is all you need.
Just a straight punch to the chin knocks just about any amateur out

>Judo
>Weapon defense
Do you even train judo?

damn that backpack kid was so out of his element

the fake kick at the beginning and the fact that he was trying to dig his leg in the entire fight, kaki shorts guy definitely has seen a fight or two in his day

I can appreciate that. I only mentioned judo so if you get grabbed you know exactly how to handle it.

I'd love to learn Judo
Ground game is end game

Fighting in the real world isn't like fighting in a sports arena. They'll bring a weapon, they'll bring a buddy, they'll fight dirty.
Trying to get people into a fucking triangle hold on the ground will get you fucking killed.

Basic boxing and Judo or highschool wrestling along with simple calisthenics and running will make you better then well over 90% of the guys you'll fight.

then why are there so many videos of bjj being used in a street fight effectively?

also if there are multiple people, nothing will help you except running or a gun

BJJ is great but then you have guys like Bas Rutten (who's been in more than his share of street fights) saying that you never want to go to the ground if you can help it in a pub brawl... I think I'll take his word for it

Plus, I think Boxing defense is probably the most valuable thing you can learn when it comes to street fights (basically making you untouchable to untrained people swinging wildly like in the OP webm), and it takes SO much less investment than BJJ

It is just not worth going to ground in a fight because your fully committed to one guy.

For every one single "effective" use of bjj on the street there are litteral 1000s videos of dudes using basic boxing and bodyslams on groups of people and coming out of it alive.

BJJ is better served in situations where the single person they are facing is completely untrained and the BJJ guy is overtrained.
Where BJJ is used as a secondary to a good striking martial art.

I would be happy to see these street fights where BJJ alone was used to end the fight. I really would.
No bullshit.
No putting you on the spot.
I'm legit curious to see how this shit would go down.

BJJ is a bonus

Just fucking hit him in the face

There's at Tyson quote about how "Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the fucking face"

Boxing is the best way to do that

> Moving someone or letting someone move who just landed on their neck

Legit triggered. We should really teach at least very basic first aid in schools. Teen a town over was dropped on his neck in a rugby "fight" and died. Heard it was because they moved him to continue playing the game.

Keep your hands up.
Aim for the nose/eyes/balls.
Keep your fucking hands up.
All else fails, run.

>not going full Baki and picking fights with masters
It's like u don't even want to Yujiro

Gunkata

The first UFC's were essentially no rules, no hold bars and guess who won all of them? That being said its called MMA for a reason, and having a variety of skills to draw on will obviously help.

youtu.be/SLXkyRqChvE

Took me a few seconds of searching. I understand that every situation is different, but I think you're drastically underestimating the ability of BJJ. People use it for a reason.

this there's so many fundamental skills that should be taught in the education system but aren't

Oh?

I don't think that anyone is taking anything away from bjj, but honestly, in a street fighting situation do you really want your head that close to the concrete if they stand up out of your half guard?

The guys who had a martial art that no one had ever seen before and would have been murdered by someone who really did fight dirty as fuck in a no rules scenario?

And that wasn't a fight. It was a play wrestling match.

If one of these niggers had taken one judo lesson the fight would have been over in ten seconds.

>Just a straight punch to the chin knocks just about any amateur out

If they're not expecting it at all maybe.

You don't
Fighting is for brainlets

there was tko by nut punches and a man who was triangled using a grip on his hair
what fewer rules could you TMA dumbasses possibly want?

> Two people fighting
> Naw they're not really fighting because that would disprove my position that's factually wrong

Ok. Here's more. youtu.be/SLXkyRqChvE

> I don't think that anyone is taking anything away from bjj

This retard is. 100%, it's situational dependent, but if you know what you're doing on the ground and another person doesn't, chances are they're completely fucked.

Most people don't realize it, but it's true.
Getting punched in the face makes you hurt probably more than you've ever had before

* youtu.be/ZLqI926OgBA

why are those niggers so light skinned?

it just occured to me that i dont know how to fight, and that's probably why im bad with women

youtube.com/watch?v=r8kJFnUlaEQ
Notice all of the BJJ and ground work...he isn't using.

BJJ is a nice supplement to a martial art that will prevent you from being murdered in a fight.
But it by itself is not going to do anything but get you killed.

A hard surface.

Yeah that's a good point, being able to handle yourself on the ground is important because you never know how it will end up in the street. 90% of fights can be won by being a proficient boxer; but, if you get taken down or need to take him down to win then you need to know how

This is probably the third time someone has brought up niggers and spics.
What's with you people?
You a bunch of keyboard klansmen or something?

> Royce Gracie
> All he knew was bjj
> Won UFC 1,2 and 4 on that alone

Again you're total underestimation It's ability.

Fak meant for.

So true. I grew up in a bad neighborhood, and it is almost never the guy that you are initially fighting that causes you the most problems. His homie is gonna come out of nowhere as soon as he see's you are holding your own and make sure you lose.

If you go to the ground you are protected from the guy you are focused on;but, you are infinitely more vulnerable to his buddy that you didn't even see coming.

The best way to win a street fight is
1. Avoid the fight at all costs. Look like a bitch, whatever it doesn't matter. Your pride isn't worth you risking your life. So many things can and will go wrong, NOT WORTH IT. Run away, apologize, hide, whatever it takes man
2. Bring a buddy or 5. Even if they don't get involved it is a security net keeping that guy from going too far if you lose, or his buddies getting involved (try to avoid traveling alone in sketch areas)
3. If it comes to the point where a fight is inevitable (and especially if you are the disadvantage), remember the 3 S's Strike first, Strike hard, Scare shitless. Generally aggression is a slow build, and people that are familiar with violence learn the warning signs. Don't give yourself away, no escalation. Go from 0 to 1000000 with no warning and then get out. Don't stick around to gloat, don't keep going after he is incapacitated (unless you need to send a message).

You start it off with a hard shot to the chin, and follow up with incessant violence until he breaks and then you get out of dodge. Don't let his crew or the cops get wind.

I agree that BJJ is majorly useful, it just limits you to only one opponent. A lot easier to deal with multiple people being light on your feet

Where's the part where some 260lbs dude slams him into the pavement nine times?

Absolutely its all contextually. But if two people are on the ground and one of them knows bjj, the other person is probably fucked.

>having on a jacket AND a backpack during a fight.

Why?

Not at all, if the other guy is stronger physically. Doesn't matter what technique you have, wrestling with people requires different strength than punching or kicking. For street fighting, striking is what's best

As you can see by him getting absolutely rocked he was clearly not prepared.

Anyone else catch that Trump bumper sticker?

Yeah but BJJ is learning how to provide the optimum leverage and angles for control. Strength is absolutely a factor but if they don't know how to use it they will get rekt by experience. Same thing in boxing, I am 6'2 200 and I see 6'0 140 pound guys that hit just as hard as I do. It is all about the training to optimize what you have. I will take a lanklet that has been training for years over the majority of jacked guys (unless of course we are talking Andre the giant sizing here, in which case the training really won't help)

Untrained strong > Untrained skinny
Untrained strong < trained skinny
Trained strong > Trained skinny (most of the time, obviously skill levels matter here)

Bjj is good but if you have poor striking and are fighting a decent striker that is pretty dangerous. Also if you're fighting a hobo or something you don't really want to touch them I would rather kick the wind out of them. One time in class this kid smacked me in the head bullying me, after class he pushed me in the lockers so I just lept at him as fast and as hard as I could and punched him in the eye and folded him with one punch.

Oh absolutely, I am that guy. I think that good striking is the top priority for most street fights, I was just chiming in to talk about the role of strength in the ground game.

Not true at all. If anything people over estimate how much getting punched in the face hurts. Not all that terrible.

Ok, I just think that some of the more beefy guys would be harder to control thats all

Absolutely they are. And at a certain point your training isn't going to save you; but, against most guys it'll be more than enough

/fit FIGHT THREAD?

GTFO SJW

What do you think about striking size limits? Even if they're big they still have their vitals? If they're skilled that's gonna be 3x harder

Obviously it is a factor but in a lot of ways it doesn't really matter. Kicking someone's nads into their sinuses is gonna ruin their day regardless of how big they are. You just won't get away with hitting them in zones that aren't a legit weak spot.

If you can hit like a truck their size won't really matter beyond making it harder to get within your punching distance. If you hit them on the button they will go down, even if they are a monster. Learning how to be that accurate and hitting with that much force is where it gets tricky haha

>tfw no matter how good you are at fighting a lanklet with 10 pounds on you can just lift you up and throw you

I didn't ask for this.

Yeah I agree well said and when you fight you also get shaky and scared and it throws you accuracy off and can even effect your power. You can't be mentally phased

Yeah that's where the training makes a big difference. Learning how to control yourself in those types of situations need practice

>The Iast video

Why does any of it matter when that can happen?

the lanklet in the webm wrestles

Edgy white suburbanites. Don't like them, myself, but they're a Veeky Forums staple. Just let them have their autistic ramblings.

Yeah, nice talking to you good luck with your studies/fighting

Thanks man, same goes to you!

>You a bunch of keyboard klansmen or something?

pretty much, spill over from /pol/ who are a bunch of wannabe racists that'd never call anyone out IRL

Why do white people in America all dress the same?

>vans
>cardigan
>khakhi shorts

>spillover from /pol/

when has "nigger" ever been limited to /pol/ on fucking Veeky Forums

is this your first week here duder, we do not have a speech code

it hasn't, but it's far more prevalent these days and it's definitely because of /pol/

I've been on this site for 8 years, and no

you're suffering from confirmation bias, I prescribe you a healthy dose of 2 weeks of reddit

>You start it off with a hard shot to the chin, and follow up with incessant violence until he breaks and then you get out of dodge.
This. The first blow should be your best. Get this guy out before his buddies come and fuck you up. If you can't take him out, stall him. Make him unable to hit you immediately, usually by getting him to the floor, either by physical pushing/throwing or punches. You want to be fighting one guy at a time at most.

H-haiai...!

Are you actually retarded? If you haven't fought and some boxer hits your chin you get fucking dropped. This isn't anime where your willpower keeps you up, your chin turns and the lights go out. It has nothing to do with pain

if anything people call each other nigger and xxx-fag way less now than they used to

I've been here for as long, and yes, especially on smaller boards like Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and to an extent /v/ before it was /b/2.0

it wasn't ever a place where everyone was jerking eachother off and shitting rainbows but the racist shit was largely a /b/ thing for a long time

the xxx-fag thing, yeah that's almost never used anymore

It is on boards that self moderate, like /a/

Boxing and BJJ. Basically a striking art and a grappling art. Make sure you're not doing meme bullshit like TKD McDojos.

If that retard knew how to use his lower body and not do that retarded shit with his legs then that fight would have been over with the first punch.

It baffles me how nobody knows how to set down on a punch without being shown how.

are you a nigger or something?

Judo and boxing probably give you the best round of skills to be advantaged in any situation. Maybe spend some time in BJJ for knees or something too.
Boxing is just the best striking sport to learn. Learn to throw good punches and avoid bad punches.
Kicks are generally too risky to be worth using, if you fuck up or get unlucky in the ring, you end up in full guard or something. If you fuck up and let someone get on top of you in a street fight one bad hit can kill you.

Grappling is necessary because you aren't always going to stop them from just rushing and grabbing you, so you need to be able to end up on time if the fight goes to the ground. Judo is probably the best for that, but wrestling or BJJ would work too.

You should always try to avoid fights, because even if you're way better you can still fuck up one time and get your neck broken, or get stabbed in kidney by his friends, but having a good basis in a striking art and a grappling art will give you a huge advantage over 90% of people.

The reason people use nigger here, and not in real life, is because niggers are emotional infants, and can't handle someone calling them a nigger. If you call a nigger a nigger in real life, it is guaranteed to have long lasting consequences. Call a white guy an asshole, faggot, douche bag, cunt... It usually doesn't have a long lasting influence. It's over and done with.

>tldr niggers aren't very smart and can't handle banter

THAT CUNT GOT FUCKING MONSTERED. Respect to that man.

TKD is fine if it is not meme competition aimed. It literally is more kick oriented karate with a different guard.

OP should learn, ideally, one martial art for each distance (kick, punch, inside his guard and grapple). Maybe box, tkd/kickboxing, judo and jiujitsu.

Stay away from situations that may lead to a fight. Like user said earlier use your brain. I carry a glock22 trump card for life and death shit. If it's assholes trying to start shit cause I got a hot wife I tell them to go fuck themselves and walk away. Responsibility of carrying a gun is you don't fight unless it's life or death...then you survive. All other bullshit is just that...bullshit. People try to start shit tell them to fuck off and walk away. Will they call you a pussy....yes, but if you are a fucking male adult you will understand that they are fucking retarded and know not what they do...and calling you a pussy doesn't bother you.

Also to answer the question. Krav Maga is best.
If you're fighting to prove who's the alpha male you're a retard. Being alpha means not giving 2 fucks about what some bitch boi thinks about you.

TKD is garbage and why not do muay thai instead of standard kickboxing

Boxing if you pack mass.
Muay-Thai if you're willing to master it.

>Krav maga
Literally fucking rehearsal bullshit like aikido with some sparring that looks like shitty boxing. Krabby magoo fags amaze me sometimes. Enjoy getting blown the fuck out by a wrestler/kickboxer/jiujutsu man, or any other competent practitioner

krav maga literally made by a man who was a practiced boxer and wrestler. Literally made for streetfighting. Do some actual research big guy.

That changes nothing, and his boxing prowess wasn't above your average amateur fighter. Krav maga at its best makes you a below average practitioner of stand up striking and an incompetent wrestler. If it was worth shit we'd see people with a base in Krav maga succeed in mma

I'm set on judo but I need to decide between MT or boxing. What should I do?