Is it possible to be Veeky Forums and a gamer? I love gaming but it seems to go agaisnt every Veeky Forums principle

Is it possible to be Veeky Forums and a gamer? I love gaming but it seems to go agaisnt every Veeky Forums principle.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tK4TSU55jW4
youtube.com/watch?v=bElB2nz2fDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like you have self control issues

Yes.
Two days ago I played Pokémon on the tedmill and ended up walking 3.5 miles.
I was going to be playing it anyway, so why not get fit at the same time.

>used to play Fire Emblem Awakening on the bike machine
>takes 20/40 minutes to do proper lifts before or after cardio

I mean, unless you need constant stimulation 24/7
Fuck, I even got home weights and do some stuff inbetween rounds of whatever I am playing

Dude you only need to dedicate one hour to the gym a few days a week, two hours tops. That leaves tons of time for vidya while you rest.

What the fuck is a Veeky Forums principle?

Dedicated gamers and gym rats both need disciple, ambition, and desire to maintain their hobby. The only side effect of being a gamer is that it encourages a sedimentary lifestyle with snacking. Eat dry popcorn and always make time for the gym and you can game your ass off.

Yes. My favorite thing is enjoying my pwo shake while playing some vidya.

>yfw gaming just motivates you to get fit

'Gaming' is a broad term mate. Literally every guy I know plays vidya, even if it's just the occasional FIFA match. Gaming has become part of mainstream culture so it's basically a normie thing to do and since Veeky Forums autists desperately want to come off as normies gaming shouldn' go against any Veeky Forums principle.

>walking 3.5 miles at a pace at which you can play pokemon will get you fit

You will never make it breh

>a gamer

define a gamer

I think if you play more than 2 hours of any game on a given day then you're never going to make it.

>Not playing vidya while you lift in your home gym
Not gonna make it

The one obvious contrast would be what they could do to posture as is with any other sedentary activity. Foresight and mindful awareness will nip that in the bud

I'm a tournament player and i am fit

What game senpai

Easily. I've been gaming all my life and lifting for 2 years, and I'm up to lifting 6x a week now. I play much less now but still find time a few days a week to play my favorite games.

I swear to god if I ever go to the gym and see someone playing a 3DS I'm going to freak the fuck out

assfaggots

UMvC3, SFV and Dota 2 soon to be overwatch

>pic related
Yes

I watch let's plays while I'm on the elliptical. I'm always nervous I'm going to laugh like a giant idiot and everyone's going to look at me.

>projecting

Drew Grimey is that you

Pokemon is a children's turn based RPG, he could literally be sprinting on a track and still be able to win a battle.

It's a weird mixture of wrestling, UFC, and gaming.
Something about it motivated me to get Veeky Forums about two years ago and I dropped over 30 pounds and got some nice biceps and traps.

Being a gamer and into fitness isn't hard. Fuck, I work full time and can still juggle all of the above. Granted you can't do the autistic "when I wake up till I sleep" shit, but I can still play whatever, do my pharmacy job, hit the weights hard for a hour, and still have all the time in the world to do whatever the fuck I want before sleep.

melee has the most Veeky Forums scene

M2K and Mango are cucks, so it's a net negative

by "going against every Veeky Forums" principle i assume you mean it promotes sedentarism and while you could argue its true and gamer culture itself is fucking trash you can easily be a gamer and stay fit
that is unless you play video games ALL day (which becomes an addiction, not a hobbie)
i listen to music, play games (usually older ones, current gaming industry has gone to shit), read, study and go to parties and still have time to go to the gym. its all about how you manage your time.

>Is it possible to be Veeky Forums and a gamer?
Veeky Forums made me enjoy gaming even more
it made me cut off time and appreciate them even more
i just play singleplayer games though i fucking hate mobas and most online games unless they're actually good since they're time consuming as shit

of fucking course
just don't eat trash while playing your games

you posted a good example, even though he's not a pro gamer or anything
look how much weight jon has lost recently, especially in his "howling II" video

youtube.com/watch?v=tK4TSU55jW4
Check out this guy

THIS
most gamers fall for the doritos mountain dew meme and eat shit while they're gaming
i'd say most gamers would be healthier just by not snacking on trash food all the time

bradley martyn (not natty but who fuckin cares), is pretty heavy into gaming and hes jacked as fuck

>not using the classic example

captcha: LONDON

>no one mentioned autistic ass tyler1 yet
youtube.com/watch?v=bElB2nz2fDE

its all labels bruh
i work
i lift
i fuck a coworker
i live on my own
i play in my rig every night
live the dream

But he isn't natural you cretin.

>usually older ones, current gaming industry has gone to shit

Oh fuck off with that nonsense. I've been into gaming for the last 20 years and it has been consistently improving. Sure, there is more shit but the good stuff is WAY better than the good stuff from ever 10 years ago.

in not into esports so idk who this is. But holy shit. My new inspiration.

yes, in fact there are more than just a couple pro vidya gamers who are in great shape and/or are strong but typically the two lifestyles don't mix.

I'm just realizing now that these extremely fit gamers are way more attractive than guys that play "real sports"
Thanks for the new fetish, fit

i haven't found video games engaging at all since i started lifting. lifting covers the need to feel like you're leveling up, but with the additional physical stimulation/endorphin rush. vidya can't compare.

See you next month in the /sad feels/ thread when it all comes crashing down

Who dat/what does he play? Also post more

Exactly. I don't even like to eat while I play. That's why I was so skinny before I got into lifting - I just played games all day and didn't think to eat.

If anything I'll drink coffee and maybe smoke some weed while I play but eating just gets in the way (getting grease, crumbs, and other shit on the controllers is a huge pet peeve of mine too)

Dedicated gamers need ambition and dicipline? Oh fuck off you fag, I bet you also call yourself a "true gamer".

Csgo sperg here, I can tell you lifting changed my game for good.

>Improved posture helped my accuracy
>no sugar diet cleared my brain fog for improved focus
>confidence boost helped with my decision making

Went from autistic noob to having more experienced player hate on me. Just lift mah nigga

Being fit is 80% diet and 20% exercise you stupid shit.

As long as you eat healthy and spend 3-4 hours in the gym a week youre pretty much set for a healthy life go play your pony sex simulators or whatever in your spare time.

Barring stupid shit like drugs, drinking or.being sleep deprived of course

You answered your own question friendo

>sedimentary lifestyle
Geologist detected

>Dedicated gamers and gym rats both need disciple, ambition, and desire to maintain their hobby

>gamers
>not manchildren

On top of that...
>sedimentary lifestyle

If you refer to yourself as a ""gamer"" you are never going to make it

I think what your experiencing is the conflict between two separate subcultures. You love gaming and probably lurk or post in gaming forums and you think you cant get into shape without having to go over to the fitness culture. This is an extremely teenage way of looking at things. Don't think you have to pick one crowd over the other. I was playing an MMO all day, stopped spent an hour exercising in my room, showered, and went right back to playing it again.

freakazoid is sick

pasha is good as well

Faze censor, played cod

keks

What's his lower body like though

have you ever heard of incentive or self control, user?

>tfw both gaming and fitness culture is shit

I'd call you a dumb meathead for not being able to appreciate the golden age of video games but then I realized where I am.

Normie

I am a soldier and only play mh4u on my 3ds on my weekends, but I play a lot longer than 2 hours those 2/3 days

If you're in your 30's and still a gamer then i have bad news for you.

Nice beret pic faggot

I didn't expect any compliments really

freakazoid is my inspo 2bh

>he says this as if Veeky Forums doesn't spend an hour at the gym 4 times a week and then sit at the computer eating the rest of the time
Who cares dude, just make sure to walk around every half hour or so.

>walks 3.5 miles
>thinks this will make you got

If you are not doing a 50 mile run, least 4-8 times a day, then you are sub human fat shit

you can be Veeky Forums, gaming and a dad

Fat Arab bastard

>tfw doms
>tfw no cute gf to kiss my boo boos

as long as you play your vidya before or after lifting instead of lifting, you'll be fine

Yes, you can just don't be a loser.

Me:

- Dad
- Software Engineer from home
- Married
- Workout every day 6am for 1hr 30min - weights. (bro-split)

Women mire and keep my wife joocy and on muh dick.

Just don't be a loser.

does this go for table top gamers as well?

my current gamer goal is to get good enough at painting to do justice to the kingdom death mini's i will get in 8 months.

currently looking at lightning tutorials.

> sedimentary
Hahahahahahaha

Nah bruh. The key to a happy life is ambition and few social interactions, we all have our battles in our lives but there are people who can't deal with their day to day, cut off those people.

Next month im signing up for military service. Alls i need is steady income, keep my body where it is or better and my PC to veg out once my day or week is done.

This. People fall into that trap of comparing themselves to everyone else and worrying about what the next man is doing. I find peace in doing what I WANT to do and what makes me happy.

A decent job to own everything I have, being fit, games, and pussy is all I need to keep me satisfied.

By Veeky Forums do you mean just a bunch of skinnyfags? I love the melee scene but they are far from Veeky Forums

Yes, it goes great hand in hand. Alternate between time off and rest days, lift for gains and then rest and play doto

If they are shit, what is good?
Art?
Music?
Fashion?
Those are actually shit, filled with retards, libtards and pleb normies with shit taste.
99% of sports is also shit.
Only a few things where you create something yourself, e.g. video editing/3d modeling have good cultures around them.

BREHS HELP
how do I stop playing vidya/games in general?? It has been fucking with my gains. lots of less sleep and eating bad. I am addicted to mmos. I wont to stop playing, how do I??

That wow Bageera? I seem to recall him looking good

Self control nigga, cut that shit out. Lack of sleep isnt the end of the world, but eating bad is gonna fuck you breh.

How the fuck do you even enjoy an mmo? Shit is an endless treadmill

BALANCE IT. Personally I always have this priority Uni>Gym>Free time (gaming)

right now I have lots of exams so I haven't played a game in a while. I still go to the gym every day I need to.

Once exams are over I'll probably game a bit, however I will also leave time for other productive things. Eveything is fine in balance just don't play games all day and eat cheetos. Make sure you get your priorities right.

help how do i start playing videogames again? i just browse.

The other guys pictured here arent either faggot
Only difference is that those are generic roiders with average genetics while bradley martyn is a beast

:D

Jesus, that's impressive but... def not my thing. Gj.

Chug some cock, i bet you got scraped up in halo 2 when you were 11yrs.

>inb4 1v1

tldr BXR x BXB u bk

Literally this.

>sedimentary lifestyle
pic related, me living the gamer life.

>tfw a sedimentary disciple

We worship pebbles.

18+
He makes Phil Heath look small. If you think he's natural you're either retarded or a fucking child.

>your pony sex simulators
brb, inventing force-feedback horse cock controller.

>pokemon

shit taste

Actually it's gatts and self-hatred