Daily reminder, if you have a bmi in the overweight range and but you are still sub 15% body fat...

Daily reminder, if you have a bmi in the overweight range and but you are still sub 15% body fat, you are still overweight. Muscle is the same as fat in this case. It doesn't make it anybetter .

So watch out, too much muscle and you'll be fat. It is literally just as bad to be 50 lb overweight at 30% bf as it is to be 50 lb overweight at 10%.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7718008/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whos body is that you photoshopped his head onto?

That is jason blaha back in his 20s when he was a body builder/ male model.

He is in his 40s now and retired.

OP post a fucking source or fuck off back to normie-ville

riiiiiight

>Falling for the BMI meme
Lots of doctors discard BMI especially when dealing with athletes. Pic related

The reason they use bmi, is that the heart has to pump blood to the whole body, so if you have a shit ton of extra weight whether that be muscle or fat it puts extra stress on the heart, sure having it as muscle would be preferred (I won't go into the details) but the extra muscle like I said still puts extra stress on the heart

This is the worst troll I've seen on this board.

common knowledge my dude

>>too much muscle and you'll be fat
>muscle = fat
No.

I am right though. It still puts the same amount of stress on your heart and joints.

Okay I get what you're saying. But if you're muscular, it's nothing a decent amount of muscle can't fix. As a measure of obesity, BMI is a meme.

That rugby player was considered obese judging by his BMI.

>Decent amount of muscle
Meant to say cardio

The main use for BMI is to compare huge populations, so you can say "Western Europe has a much higher average BMI than China, maybe that explains all that diabetes." Its usefulness for individuals, especially anyone doing any sort of exercise, is little more than an unscientific estimate.

This is why I like to do low reps and heavy weight, get stronger with less muscle gain. Why would I want to gain 20 pounds of shit muscle

that doesn't change the fact that it stresses the heart, having a lot of weight even if it is muscle and doing cardio can cause Congestive heart failure where the muscle of the heart thickens so much that it can't pump blood anymore.

Yes, and pic related died an early death at 40. Not healthy at all

Saying you've got muscle is no excuse for being a fatass, nice try faggot

Bodybuilders are fucked. It's all about olympic weightlifting and staying in your weight class. 95kg 6'1 master race.

wow just looked it up, he died of a heart attack which was linked to his kidney disease which is associated with high protein intake and obesity

Yes, you're right that it puts some stress on the heart and joints. However, it is not directly comparable to the amounts of stress excess fat would cause. Anatomically, we are made to store muscle without compromising body structure, while excess fat does. Also a lb of fat causes more negative stress on the heart than a lb of muscle.
This is obvious b8 so gg on getting me to reply

Olympic weightlifting will guarantee you get osteoarthritis when you're old.

>Also a lb of fat causes more negative stress on the heart than a lb of muscle.
citation needed

Show me a single study confirming this.

Lomu's had nephrotic syndrome which is a rare autoimmune kidney disorder. His health issues had nothing to do with being overweight or having a high protein intake.

>he thinks BMI charts are good bait
Here's a pro-tip for you, OP: Don't go to the Dollar Store or the 99-Cent Store for your bait -- it's shit.

I'm kind of scared now, I like to stay heavy but it is a little bad for you. Maybe I'll go moderate a little more it's just bodybuilder gains I'm not trying to achieve I'm trying to make it really strong moderate muscle kind of like a deer would be

and yet you responded

You responded to my response -- therefore you're MAD; I got in YOUR head. Congratulations, OP, you've been successfully counter-trolled.

Holy shit, I'm mind blown
Great thread

RIP

I love it bro.

This shit gets me off. I have butt plug in my ass right now. I dildo my asshole as I shit post. It is great.

t. overweight fatty

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7718008/

no it's not

blaha pls go.

Olympic weightlifting, curlbrah at the gym isn't gonna get arthritis.

Clarence Kennedy here has pretty much a 100% chance of knee arthritis when he's older
Cleans and snatches are very stressful on knees when you're pushing them to the max. Combine that with large amounts of volume and a history of knee problems you've fucked yourself

The study doesn't back your claim. You said
>Olympic weightlifting will guarantee you get osteoarthritis when you're old.
but the study says
>The prevalence of tibiofemoral or patellofemoral OA based on radiographic examination was 3% in shooters, 29% in soccer players, 31% in weight lifters...

Not even a third of the weightlifters. That's hardly a 'guarantee'.

Why are you so jealous? A select few have god-tier genetics, there is nothing you can do about it. Jason blaha has the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

I'm not Obviously it doesn't guarantee arthritis. It's just a 10 fold increase in risk, if you're a top level athlete (which no one on Veeky Forums is)

He died of an unusually large bowel movement you idiots

His Live in Osaka Album was his magnum opus.