What's the maximum weight that a natty female could realistically squat?

What's the maximum weight that a natty female could realistically squat?
I'm struggling at 10kg right now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWPB8_It-6E
youtube.com/watch?v=WKwtEAUBJPc
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/squat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my gf who's 50kg and has went to the gym like four times this year squats 35kg, im guessing she'll be able to at least double that if she trains consistently for a while. so, like 70-80kg

who is that adorable lil qt??

I would lick her from her poopshoot to her dick sleeve and then some.

If you're talking competition, then like 300lbs+.
If you're talking every day general gym goer, then 1-1.5plate is well above average but do-able

Current WR for 72kg class is 188kg, I can't guarantee she's natty, but I'll assume so as she has not failed a drug test and comes from a nation with stringent anti-doping protocols.

youtube.com/watch?v=vWPB8_It-6E

I've seen natty women squat close to 2 plates without being full on bulkahontas.

I would assume if you're really serious the max would be around 2-2.5 for reps

good lord

Ive seen natty women in my gym whos doing 5 pl8s leg press for reps.
I guess she can squat 2pl8s.
And shes thinn.

im a boy and can barely squat 1 pl8. how fucked am i?

Complete and utter genetic dead end

Anecdotally, I've seen fit girls at my uni gym squat up to two plates but never 3 so there's that

Have you been lifting for more than a month?

If yes kys senpai.

I've been lifting for 11 months and I started squatting 50kg and I'm now up to 150kg

You're 110% fucked and should seek medical help

been lifting for like 2 month but only started to squat about a month ago. i was scared to try it cuz (noob fag) but now im kinda getting into it.

we dont all weigh 300 punds..

also, 150kg after 11 months..isnt that like, really sad?

Either you have some medical problem or you are just a massive pussy.

Or, more likely, this is bait.

158lbs

Everyone has told me it's incredibly fast and I'm changing faster than they expected. I couldn't say with anything other than second hand commentary though

Adding 100kg to your squat is pretty respectable.

hey come on man i just started. you expect me to squat like 150 pounds just starting out? seems like a lot to start.

Thanks. I'm still pretty much a noob so I have no real idea how well I'm really doing.

I only do one routine and almost identical every day, and it has several compounds so I think I have an advantage against people who start on things like 5x5 or day splits and the likes.

It's one of the good things about being lazy, it forces you to seek better approaches.

What an accurate guess that is

Depends on bodyweight/ genetics

There are 6'4', 120kg monsters like Valerie Adams who squat 230kg, bench 180kg, and are presumably natty

For most women a 140kg+ squat is really impressive

Your routine sounds kind of dumb to be frank but if it works for you it works for you

It really isn't. Maybe you lift less for a month or so until you get your form down but if you can't lift 1pl8 after that you are not a man.

I picked it specifically because I thought all routines were dumb in some ways. So far I'm proving right

I've come to learn that 99% of gym science is borne of people doing the same things in the same ways for a long time and rules like "never deadlift more than 1 set or deadlift and squat in the same day" are almost universally bullshit

As is the case with nutrition, there's a very simple baseline you must follow: calories in - calories out = calorie intake and weight up or down

With fitness it's purely volume and everything else is detail. Too many people get bent out of shape on the detail.

120kg should be doable.

How much weight is two plates? Or one? Can someone tell me what you guys mean when you say it? Thanks

40kg, 20kg

my 40kg gf squatted 40kg without much training
her form is delicious

>Forgetting to exclude the bar
You don't count the bar, which weighs 20kg, which means you have SUBTRACT 20kgs from the total

2 plates is 40-20 = 20kg

where are her biceps?

B-but the total would be 60kg, because you have to add the bar first and then substract.
So 2 pl8s =40kg

I've seen girls in my gym who are not training for competition with a 2pl8 squat.

>dick sleeve

Have you tried trying?

The bar is assumed. The 20kg number on the plates assumes the bar. That means 2plates would be 40kg including the bar.
That means you have to subtract the bar because we don't want to count it

>excluding the bar
No one seriously falls for this meme

The plates are weighed before the holes are put in as well. So you need to bear that in mind

20kg bar adding 2 x 20kg plates =60kg don't be fooled by idiots.

atleast 400lbs mate

Reverse image search will find out for you dude

A plate is 20kg(~45lb)
1pl8 is one plate either side of the bar, so 1pl8 = 2*20kg+20kg = 60kg, or 40kg if you don't count the bar.

1/2/3/4 = 60kg/100kg/140kg/180kg

>being this retarded

trips never lie

This. 2 plates is 60kg. Don't listen to the others. They're fucking retarded

>I'm struggling at 10kg right now
...Plus the bar, right?

cm0n then bbe, lets see yah
bet ya foking petite aint ya

Post routine pls.

So what is it? I'm the person that asked and now confused

>olympic weightlifter
>small biceps

hmmm I wonder

>woman
>small muscles

hmmm I wonder

At least over 100 kilos

In all seriousness it's 100kg. 20kgx4 (two plates on each side) + 20kg bar

The bar is (should be) 20kg

1 plate is how many plates each side. Otherwise people saying 1 plate would never make sense.

1 plate = 60kg total
2 plate = 100kg total
3 plate = 140kg total
4 plate =180kg total

etc etc

If you are lifting for more than month, pretty bad

Im 3 months in SS 95kg x5 for 3 sets with decent form as far as i can rom wise

As for chicks, asian chick squats 1pl8 for reps easily at my gym with good form and depth. Shes super small and fragile tho, 50kg bodyweigt or something

My gf squats 100. Basketball professional player. Top quality waifu.

This. Every other answer is trolling.

My girlfriend managed 40kg pretty much untrained. I thought she was just being a bitch about it as well

some pl girl at my normie gym can 1 rep 335

You're forgetting about the holes in the plates, so 2pl8 is more like 35kg.

After 1 year of training a healthy 60kg woman could probably squat 65-70 kg, starting from empty bar

Don't you mean 80kg, 40kg?
1 physical plate = 20kg
"1pl8" = 1 plate either side of bar = 40kg

>three months in
>week 2 tier lifts
pretty bad desu

DOUBLE IT!

dude you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

it's funny because you just started out and here you are just making shit up off the top of your head and preaching it to experienced people as if you have a clue about anything.

There are men that squat 3 times body weight and more, those are most likely not natty but it's a good point to start because I'll assume that there are females who can at the very least squat 2 times body weight (which is not even unusual)

Any normal man or woman should at one point in their life (if they're training consistently and don't have some inherent flaw or illness) to squat 2 times body weight.

So if you're a girl, 20% bf and around 5'7, weighing 145lbs you should be able to squat 280 realistically if you're training for it for a few years/months(depends really)

Why would a healthy woman need to start with the empty bar though?

I've deadlifted 4 times a week before and made pretty good gains on that program. I currently have a heavy and a light deadlift day each week and pull sumo as an accessory at least once a week.

Deadlifting multiple times a week is fine as long as you are smart with programming and vary your intensity.

Extremely genetically gifted lifters should be able to easily squat 2.5x body weight.

The most important thing is consistency and technique. Consistency lets you accumulate fatigue sensibly and stimulate hypertrophy over a long period of time and technique allows you to lift efficiently and recruit more muscle fibers for max attempt lifts.

I've seen natty girls squat 315 after about 3 years training. It's just training, diet, and consistency.
And then there's Crystal Tate. I don't know if she's natty, but she's just freakishly strong.

youtube.com/watch?v=WKwtEAUBJPc

That depends on genetics. I trained my gf for one time for around 4 months, got her up to 80kg x1 squat and 105kg x1 deadlift in that time. But she has short legs and long arms and I did not train her for max. strength.

She was able to push out around 15 reps of 50kg squats.

>nobody complementing this
fckn impressive lift for a grill

Idk girl I squat 195lbs for 5 reps, Not sure what my max is since I've been focused on cycling basically all year and haven't tested my max in ages.

Check out LiftBigEatBig.com--they have a lot of no-nonsense articles that can be super useful for a beginner. A few articles are targeted to women who "don't want to get too bulky" or some stupid shit like that so if you're in that mentality they'll snap you out of it right quick.

Here's the list of IPL women's world squat records (open division)

So realistically not more than 500 lbs(steroids), probably not more than 400 lbs (natty)

lmao the 65kg weight class with a higher record than the higher weight class

lol wtf how is the 67.5kg class so much better than all the other ones? (excluding the landwhale one)

17 yo girl at my weightlifting girl weight around 50kg and squat 110kg for a double atg.
she competed at nationals tho, she pretty fucking good

Female powerlifting isn't that competitive. I'd imagine she was actually coached by world class coaches and cut hard

breeehs...

the fuck she does with her knees

no idea, looks like she's externally rotating her hips to activate her glutes? that's my guess. Not a bad idea to be honest, most of us are quad dominant but for someone who's hamstring/glute dominant its a good strategy, at least it seems like one.

It's valgus, it's not voluntary and it's really not good.

Arguable, that internal rotation is used by oly weightlifters to generate more power. However for most noob lifters what you say is true

She's using some valgus collapse to get past a sticking point. It's not uncommon with weightlifters, my girlfriend does it.

How about you look it up instead of being spoon-fed information

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/squat

why is it not good

I think that's Megan Seegert, an elite lifter who I'm pretty sure doesn't need your form check

I'g say 200 kg is achievable for elite lifters in the hevier weight classes.
over 100kg should be achievable for any serious recreational female lifter within 1-3 years.
and >150kg would probably make you the strongest female in ~95% of all gyms you'll find.

It was invented by Chinese olympic lifters, you're not really supposed to do it if you're not Chinese.

>my gf who's 50kg and has went to the gym like four times this year squats 35kg, im guessing she'll be able to at least double that if she trains consistently for a while. so, like 70-80kg
>I base this on absolutely nothing
You're wildly off with your estimate.

My GF is currently plateauing at 65-70kg squat, with a bodyweight of 60ish and squats 2 times a week.

She could do more with proper programming.

>Inb4 you turn this into some weird you-gf-my-gf thing
Just don't.

Her name is Eleiko, it's on the plates.

I deliberately push out my knees by rotating them because other wise they just go right in. I have extremely tight hamstrings if that means anything.

>Too many people get bent out of shape on the detail.
While I'm disagreeing with some of what you're saying, or just on the fence, I agree with this statement 100%

Especially prevailant on Veeky Forums, people tend to ignore the 20% work that makes up 80% of the results. They worry about the details of protein windows or highbar/lowbar squats, rather than just making sure they train, eat and sleep enough.

It's like counting all your nickles and dimes, but not your dollars. It's weird and inefficient.

The worst part about lifting as a girl is trying to keep motivated when you know your several months' progress is the same weight as some DYEL guy's first day in the gym.

>It was invented by Chinese olympic lifters

LMAO

When I was really into fitness, I was 62 kgs and my last rep (10 x 4) was around 90 kgs.
Obviously killing my breath.

ANYWAY
If ya got bad genetics, keep it safe.
Some girls don't get muscle that easy.

I started 2 months ago and I can legpress with 160 kgs x 12 reps

I'm going well?