Name something fitness/health related that you believe is overrated or overhyped

Name something fitness/health related that you believe is overrated or overhyped.

Diet.

I mean, sure, you need to eat a certain amount of calories to lose or gain weight. Sure, you need to eat "good" food and avoid processed sugars and too many carbs and shit like that. But these people that go around counting every macro and micro, asking the waiters at restaurants for nutritional info on every dish, and having existential crises over egg yolks really piss me off.

Coconut oil
Hamstring curls

Protein

its needed yes but when i see protein ice cream, bread, milk and butter i really think its gone way too far with the whole protein craze

Healthy food vs. unhealthy food.
It's all just macros.

squats and deadlifts
You just dont need them, if you dont want to be some powerlifter fat fuck

wasted trips, kys

squats can be replaced with leg press, diddly his ass hammies and back instead of just quads and core so no, you cant skip em

bullshit, deadlifts yes but good luck getting legs without squats.

mine would have to be isolation movements. being lean and balancing and progressing your compounds correctly saves tons of time and effort and makes you look better than the artificial kind of look most bodybuilders have.

pic related is the kind of result you can expect from heavy compounds and it looks way better than any gym bro (even though the guy in the pic prob doesn't lift)

So what your saying is skip leg day?

The whole macros bullshit

Want to get big? Eat anything as long as you eat enough calories even if it's all chocolate bars

Curls

They suck and you can't go heavy on them. I don't understand why they're the stereotypical bodybuilding movement. Weighted chins for life.

You need some kind of leg movement but yeah I'm pretty sure squats are massively overhyped on Veeky Forums just because of Rippetoe and the SQUATS AND OATS meme of yesteryear.

Tbh I don't think anyone needs to squat more than 200lbs if their only goal is aesthetics though. Like if you want the functional strength or you wanna be a powerlifter that's fine but there's no fucking reason to go hard on squats otherwise, the danger outpaces the benefit.

I love deadlifts more than I love my own mother though, I'll never stop doing those.

I may be in the minority, but I really dont se the appeal of sips as a workout or dietary supplement

Tbh I'm just looking to get a few >yous

"Work the core"
Know what works the core? Big compound lifts with a barbell.

>Here's what heavy compounds do to the body
>Always some stocky strongfat looking guy with a fuckhuge waist.
>Everytime.

Bullshit. If that's the case I'm going to drop deadlifts out of my program.

I want that "artificial" bodybuilder look. I want that fucking gnarly V-Taper and a serratus you could grate cheese on.

Your not really supposed to go heavy on curls you dipshit. Maybe once in a while you can throw some serious weight on the bar and try working in the 5-8 rep range. But its best to stick in the 8-20 rep range.

Slow done, grind out the reps slow, stretch at the bottom, squeeze at the top, control the negative, and don't swing your hips or cheat it.

Go for that pump. Chins are great. But curls are an essential movement for good bicep development.

Compunds are enough for core

People with weak cores

they are great for strength of the core, shit for hypertrophy. not so hard to understand

the only ab exercise i do is barbell curls and barbell ohp. have huge blocky abs

sports drinks like gatorade.

If you are exercising for hours and sweating I get it. Water is fine for everyone else.

Retard

Deadlifts
Literally don't do anything because the gravity on your body is what pulls the weights up

You don't "need" any exercise

Just admit you don't do them because they are too hard for you