Hi guys, I'm getting into weight lifting because I am trying to lose weight while gain some muscle...

Hi guys, I'm getting into weight lifting because I am trying to lose weight while gain some muscle. To give you a bit of context, I am 18 years old, weight 260 pounds, and I stand at 6' 2". I don't have much muscle and instead have a lot of fat. I've been looking at some basic layouts to do workouts during the week but it seems to me that they won't last very long. For example: This one workout has 3 5x5s for that day's workout. I started weightlifting about 6 months ago but gave up when I went off to school. The recommended amount of time in the gym is supposed to be 60-90 minutes but to me, 3 5x5s doesn't seem like it would even take an hour.

lol, just go and do it. You will struggle to finish 3 lifts at 5x5 within 90 minutes once the weights get heavy. Why are you trying to second guess routines designed by people who know far more than you

Do lmaofullbody every day for 2 hours until you lose the fat, then continue at 2.5 hours a day and abuse stimulants until you achieve godhood like me.

I'm not second guessing anything, rather questioning the amount of time I should spend in the gym. So once the weights get heavy I will start to lift more slowly or sometimes stop entirely. I'm not trying to sound arrogant if that's what you think, I am here questioning dumbfuck

I don't have 2 hours to spend in the gym every day, despite the bait.

Spend enough time to get the program done. I started SL 5x5 awhile ago (About to move into Madcow) and at the start I got the big 3 done in about 30 minutes due to the light weight. I spent another 30 minutes kinda dickin around with isolations. Now, a few months later and I'm lucky if I get the big 3 done within an hour. Worry less about how long you spend in the gym and more about your progress.

What is considered lightweight in terms of the bench press? When I was doing it on a smith machine as a beginner I believe I was only doing 90 or so pounds... Also would you recommend doing other random workouts to make up for time if I do the 5x5s quickly?

>mfw it isn't bait
That was actually my workout schedule while I was a full-time student with a part-time job. Yohimbine is top-tier shit, and I mix it with synephrine (cause the gubmint won't let me have ephedrine) and doses of caffeine that make mere mortals literally shake.
Will I die early? Maybe, but capability matters more than longevity to me.

Lightweight is relative friend. To me 135 is bitch weight but to another person that's his max. Who cares what you put up as long as it's more than last time. Also as for doing other stuff after, that depends on if you can recover before the next workout. I had been lifting for a year before I started SL (Doing some wonky self made shit) so I recovered fine. You can do stuff after the compounds, but if you're not making progress on the big 3 then drop that extra stuff.

>The recommended amount of time in the gym is supposed to be 60-90 minutes
You are a beginner. You are doing too much. It's no wonder that you don't last long. Slow the fuck down and do 30 minutes of lifting instead until your body gets used to lifting heavy. Also, three days a week, do 30 minutes of LISS cardio on an exercise bike.

I'm not trying to become a ripped asshole, I'm in school for physics I just want to look good so you bet your ass I am going for longevity.

Alright, thanks for the advice. Also, what is SL?

I would do about 60 mins of working out about 6 months ago but I was trying to do 5 days a week then for w/e reason. I found a pretty simple guide that I think I will follow. 3 days a week and however long it takes to complete them. Thanks.

Stronglifts 5x5. Some say it's worse than Starting Strength, some say it's better, I don't really care. I picked it and all my lifts are steadily climbing so who cares. If you want, they have a pretty decent website explaining the entire program and a very nifty app for your phone if you decide to go with it. Best of luck breh.

dude ur a fat cunt anyway, do the 5x5 then run for however long it will take to get to 90 minutes or whatever.

Yeah I was planning on doing something like this and on other days I would just jog around. Supposedly cardio isn't the best for weight loss though.

I read up on this a little bit, so basically it's a neat way to organize your lifting? The exercises and layout of the workout seems very similar to the one I found through the sticky.

SS + GOMAD

Most beginner programs are basically the same. Linear progression until stall into deload into stall again into deload etc into new program with slower progression. As long as you're adding weight don't sperge too hard on which program to do

you are wasting your time lifting. If you're trying to lose weight it's all about calories in calories out, and no you won't gain any muscle while cutting so don't waste your time and do cardio instead.

And after you're done cutting you could start lifting

At a certain point though weight needs to stop being added, right? Let's just say I eventually achieve a physique where I can lift a good amount of weight without appearing like a total monster, at that point would I just continuously lift the same amount of weight?

All these guides say that cardio doesn't help lose weight and that lifting does. I am transitioning into a diet, could I just diet and do cardio 3x a week? Once I cut enough weight then replace cardio with lifting?

You won't ever look like a total monster on accident, don't worry about that. There's a dude at my gym that squats 4 plates for reps and deadlifts 7 and he just looks pretty big. If you get to a point though where you don't want to lift heavier just look into training different stuff like endurance, power, explosiveness yada yada yada. You would lift heavy every once in awhile to maintain your strength sure but it wouldn't be your main focus.

Yes you can
And cardio burns way more calories, it's the best option for weight loss

Alright, desu I just want to get down to 200 and then maybe start lifting. I think 90% of the reason girls aren't attracted to me is because of my weight. I have everything else, social skills (for the most part), intelligence, white, 6'+. Only thing lacking is my weight.