Anyone else smoke cannabis while working out? It makes me significantly more aware of my form and makes me better at it...

Anyone else smoke cannabis while working out? It makes me significantly more aware of my form and makes me better at it, because I care less about looking awkward around other people in the gym

Anyone else know what I mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/
google.com/#q=weed health effects
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, why do drugs when you workout. How are you supposed to relax after then?

I used to. Got really addicted it and smoked 4 years daily. Then I realized I had spent thousands of euros on it and quitted. I couldn't sleep like two weeks.

Hell no. Weed fucks up everything for me. It makes me very anxious and antisocial. I'm always scared of basically anything. I always feel like an alien too. Makes me extremely lazy. And I can't stop eating. I never smoke weed unless I have really bad insomnia. It's only good for helping me fall asleep. I think I'm too mentally fucked up for weed.

I always think "I smoke weed while lifting guise" threads are made by kids who've never actually smoked weed.

There's no fucking way I'd lift stoned, who the fuck would think that's a good idea.

Drugs are for losers.

>Drugs are for losers.

Everyone is a loser. Therefore drugs are for everyone.

I do it sometimes. lifting sobers you up and then when you take a break the high hits you all over again. you can keep doing this over and over and over and it feels really good.

Typical druggie rationalizing.

That anxiety and paranoia would be to the roof if i were to do that.

Robot detected.

Yeah it's even better if you vape it.

You can feel every muscle fibre in your body, helps you keep things symmetrical.

vaping also really helps you feel the dick inside your ass as you're being pounded by Tyrone

this caused me to breathe air out of my nose in quick succession

Will lol when you drop the weights on your neck and die cause you zoned out, stupid stoner

It's pretty nice, makes squats in particular feel much more effortless, but I wouldn't do it every time for lifting.
I wish could be stoned for every cardio session though because it is SO much more tolerable for me high.

>Got really addicted to it
>spent thousands of euros on it
>couldn't sleep

You're just fucking retarded.

You must have a lot of experience in getting ass pounded.

Without a doubt i have gotten bigger but only because i started smoking after my workouts

This is laughable. If you tried paying attention to your form when sober, you could be just as aware and have more control over it.

If you tried looking awkward around other people, you'd realize how harmless it is and slowly care less and less.

But weed will rob you of these vital learning experiences.

I used to smoke before I went to gym, but back then I smoked daily. It became a routine for me to escape shitty and empty feeling. But that aside, I noticed that I felt my muscles better but on the downside I was lazier and didn't push myself to the max. Half assing the workout, just staring into the abyss while listening to music.

I can relate 100%. Quitted drugs about 1 and half year ago. Tried smoking couple times after that to see if I could do it and feel like "the old days" but getting only hardcore borderline schizophrenic feels.

Don't do drugs kids, they'll trick you.
On the sidenote weed wasn't the only substance that I used but the most frequent

Yes yes magical weed. Impossible to be aware of form without weed. Yes definitely the weed. Need the weed to make gains at the gym. You have to keep smoking weed.

>But weed will rob you of these vital learning experiences.

fuck man i had an episode just like that, full blown auditory hallucinations, thought my closest friends were out to get me. real Truman show type shit. don't think i'll ever smoke again, it truly is not harmless for people with underlying disorders

hey enjoy the blaze 420 brother. I smoke weed too, I even sell weed. Pretty cool if I do say so myself. I'm kinda like Tony Montana, blazin that shit erryday. It's lit senpai, 420420420 I smoke blunts tho. hand-blown glass-blown.

>Lift sober
>Smoke in parking lot
>Come back and kill cardio
If you worry about being caught remember
Most people are too busy or just don't care to point out small weird activities you might do and won't care srs

I do sometimes. I get quite a boost from it. Makes me feel more powerful and vainglorious.

I get what OP means when he says you become "more aware of form" - its not just that you are concentrating on doing it right; its that you awaken an intuitive and emotive understanding of the way to do a lift. You do bench press like you're shoving an attacker off of you. You deadlift like you're lifting a smouldering car off of your newborn son. Some people might already feel this intuitive drive sober, but for those who don't, weed may be a good mental boost every now and then.

Weed is fine as a recreational drug, like alcohol, used in moderation and on occasion.
People who "blaze it every day 420" are just as bad as alcoholics just with less obvious physical symptoms.

I once smoked hash before the gym and I was absolutely useless.

how about you actually concentrate on your form while sober instead? that way you get a better workout plus and you won't feel lazy like you do on weed.
Weed is the devil. It is literally the silent killer. It won't outright kill you, it will make you feel better and trick you into believing that it's harmless, but in the long run it'll fuck you up.

You don't have better form. You just think it's better because you're high. Your form is likely worse desu.

this

No, because i dont give a shit about what people in the gym think of my anyways.

He's talking about vaping weed you retard. Don't associate that zero drug using, teenage pussy infested, pointless cloud making, meme culture with him.

He won't listen, he's too far gone, I've never met a weed smoker that wasn't in complete denial. You'll point out that you haven't seen them in months and/or that it's impossible to hold up a conversation with them anymore, and they'll come back at you with "t-there's n-nothing wrong with me. Y-you drink alcohol sometimes, t-that's much worse!".

I've never lost a friend to alcohol abuse and there are 30-40 people I drink with regularly. I've lost 3-4 good friends to weed. Fucking horrible drug.

I like how easy it is to tell who has actual experience with weed and who is a friendless loser who has only read about the effects of drugs in textbooks in this thread.

Well tbqh I was like that too, was pro weed and thought it was harmless, just thinking about how I was in complete denial disgusts me and makes me sad how much time I've wasted on it. If he's even mildly intelligent then he'll realize it too, so I still try to redpill stoners about it in hope they'll change their ways like I did.

not the guy you're replying too, but I smoke weed like once in two months and don't see what's so bad about it?

If weed is so great, non-addictive, no negative health-effects, then why would you only do it once in two months?

I do it, but not because I am trying to

I just smoke weed all the time and shit happens

I am skeptical about any drug, I don't drink or smoke cigs at all, so naturally I wouldn't jump straight into 420-everyday right away

that's also the reason why I am asking you if weed is really that bad?

hell ye dude :D actually me and bros always go for a quick bong before workout, works wonders

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/

Nah I stopped smoking weee since October. Wasted too much money that I'll never get back. Plus I would rather deal with reality. Maybe I'll do it once a year or something.

this is bullshit, don't listen to this guy. that study is outdated and has no valuable sources

I am smoking daily for 5 years and am completely fine

let me know when you find one that isn't outdated with bad sources, there are plenty to choose from. I like the second one under "scholarly articles", but that could be outdated according to a guy who smokes weed every day, so he's probably write.

google.com/#q=weed health effects

*right, not write

and what if i smoke pot every day bro? i'll let you know I am finishing my PhD and am a normal functioning human being, probably more educated than you

your studies have no hard evidence other than opinions of some top doctors, who can and most likely are wrong

You think you are fine, but you're not. That's kind of how drugs work and you can only see this when you're clean. I'm done with trying to get this through to people though.

yeah write was a joke making fun of pot smokers. I don't care if you smoke pot every day, and I'm happy you're doing well. Shame of it is if you get your PhD while getting high every day, you probably could have made even more of a difference in your field without the pot. Assuming of course your going after a meaningful PhD.

no my friends who don't smoke that much as I do say I am fine, and also my family don't know about me smoking yet they didn't even notice anything

I value my personal feelings more than my possible achievements in my career regardless of how selfish it sounds

I know exactly what you're talking about OP

Lots of times I will get stoned for physical therapy exercises and myofascia release. I am much more aware of the correct orientation my muscles ought to be in. I have achieved great success rehabbing my frozen shoulder and tilted hips, mostly while I have been baked out of my mind funnily enough.

I especially like the spaced out feeling when I go for long trail runs.

>tfw stoned, listening to music, and crushing 3-4mi on the trail at sub 7:00mi pace

Its almost like drugs affect everyone differently or something

This is exactly the sort of tricks weed plays on you. I was am A student, had 3 successful internships, etc. all the while smoking daily. This made me believe that it's harmless, but the negative effects are so subtle that it's easy to dismiss and shove under a rug. You really need to come clean to realize the state weed leaves you in. Fogginess, memory problems, anxiety, concentration problems, sleep problems, lethargy, etc. and these are just some of the things weed is responsible for. Just because you achieve some success in life doesn't mean you're not getting fucked in the head.

so you don't smoke at all now?

Or english is his second language you dip shit. How many do you speak?

Before I got a good job I did it all the time. It felt like a could lift harder for longer.

Treat it like alcohol and youll be fine. You cant drink everyday just like its stupid as hell to smoke everyday.

>Smoke weed
>Eat until i vomit
I alwayd have to keep carrots on hand to avoid this since Ill eat anything insight when im high especially if I worked out the same day.

weed is the perfect drug for when u got a shitty job to do, it's OK to get high before a workout but I would much rather drink some coffee

No. Although I wouldn't mind having a toke once in a while. like said, just use it in moderation. I know it sounds hypocritical of me to say this after bashing weed, but it does have some positive effects that you can benefit from. The biggest one for me is that it helps me study difficult subject and allows me to understand complex concepts more easily. Weed has a lure, but if you are not careful then you start doing it more and more and before you realize it you down a slippery slope.

I used to literally always be high. I would drive high, work high, workout high.

I went to the gym twice while high and I hated it. I'm so paranoid when smoking weed and feel like everyone can tell that I'm high.

Weed is only bad for big losers with no self control, who cares. They weren't going to make anything of themselves without weed, why not let them be complacent in life?

>You cant drink everyday

You can if you never get hangovers, but that's largely a genetics thing so I understand why you would assume that.

I don't know if it helps or not to smoke it, all I know is if I get stoned I NEED to atleast do some pushups or handstands, I cannt just sit on the couch.

I smoke weed about 3 times a year. It is a nice bullshit cleaner.

Are you dumb too?

CBD
B
D

Realtalk cured most of the anxiety weed was giving me. I function better sober

I do this all the time now! I do a bit, put on my best headphones and listen to really fast "Happy Hardcore"-type music while marching and sometimes jogging to the beat. I actually picture explicit fantasies in my head while I'm doing it, and that makes it even better! I've been recording a few instances of my monologue while I'm working out to the music and have been considering coming up with a video channel.

This sums up weed, also all hippy lefty's smoke weed so if you smoke weed then you might as well have supported Hilary Clinton and voted to remain on brexit.