When did you guys grow out of strength training/powerlifting?

When did you guys grow out of strength training/powerlifting?

No one irl gives a fuck how much you lift and even if you tell them they have no idea if it's heavy or not. You could tell a normie you deadlift 300kg and they would just look at you blank.

Meanwhile if you are big/aesthetic everyone will instantly be able to tell you lift, assume you are extremely strong and give you respect.

Therefore this is why lifting for hypertrophy/aesthetics >>> strength.

The only reason you would lift for strength is if you are autistic and played too many RPGs as a kid.

You can be strong and look like you lift, what makes you think one has to exclude the other

What's the point when you can train for aesthetics and look like you are strong

Once I'd built a strength base so around 6 months into lifting

>6 months lifting
>calls himself strong

strong enough to be able to switch to a hypertrophy routine and make gains from it yes
>b-but you can't squat 800lbs

> When did you guys grow out of strength training/powerlifting?

After one year because back pain and no gains.

> Meanwhile if you are big/aesthetic everyone will instantly be able to tell you lift, assume you are extremely strong and give you respect.
> lifting for other people ever
> doing something to get repect from anyone ever

Big muscles will only get respect from dumb people. In no way it is worth the effort from lifting weigths just to be accepted in society, even if you are socially incompetent. The same is with girls, you don't need to get muscles to get girls.
Fuck, bodybuilding is cool, but the insecurity and narcissism around the scene is disgusting.

Grow out of? I grew into it. Originally started with bro splits etc, and have switched entirely to a compound movement - based routine, with the bodybuilding stuff thrown in at the end if I feel like it. Feels good to be strong, whether people care or not.
Also, aesthetics can still be good, if you pay attention to diet.

you don't have to be strong to switch to hypertrophy but you won't get as good results as someone who can actually lift a respectable amount

that's why it always pains me to see new people going straight for PPL programs and look basically the same after 1 year moving the same pathetic weight

Why not get a lil stronger inmeanwhile aswell? Its not a tradeoff son

This guy gets it. I like feeling strong and i can train for hypertrophy if i want too aswell

>lifting for other peoples validation

Fag

Bc I'm not on gear so I'll never look as lean or as cut as all the pics posted in here. Training for "aesthetics" as a natty is pointless. No one will think you lift unless you are on steroids anyway

Deep down i lift for aesthetics too. But you realize the path to aesthetics for a natural is strength? You will never be big without being strong.

>strength base meme

Sigh.

>he doesnt have two heavy days and two hypertrophy days

lmao I've got a natty powerlifter friend who is sickeningly strong, yet he looks like shit compared to many natty curlbros.

You definitely score the most social points on looking good. Like you said, telling someone who doesn't lift themselves how much you can do in an exercise to impress them is completely futile, a girl won't know the difference between benching 90 and 120kg, even though the difference is staggering.

Hypertrophy>Raw strength

I have an insane metabolism, and was an aesthetic manlet even before lifting.

I only lift for strength because my genetics afford me aesthetics regardless. Must be good karma.

The tradeoff is that my joints and bone structure are tiny and slender.

People don't expect me to be strong, I really don't look the part in clothing. I love proving them wrong.

I train for both, hate looking at half the skellies in my gym who don't go past 1 pl8 on the bench because they are afraid of losing their skinny ass abs for a while. Also you get to do cool party tricks like one armed push ups, muscle ups and the human flag when you are strong.

the point being is you'll never look big if you aren't throwing around big numbers as a natty lifter , that's why you can fuck off with your 4x12 on all exercises going for the pump lifting

When I punch a numale talking shit at the bar, I'm glad I can deadlift 300kg because he feels it even more.

That's why I do powerlifting.

fuark 10/10 post right here, this brah gets it

>Meanwhile if you are big/aesthetic everyone will instantly be able to tell you lift, assume you are extremely strong and give you respect.

Yeah no, the first thing that people think is "big and dumb steroid abuser".
When's the last time you saw anybody in a professional field look like that?

Oh and i forgot "extremely aggressive and insecure".

person A
>never lifted
>looks like a dyel
>max squat of 60kg
>starts hypertrophy
>can do squats 40x5x12

person B
>lifted for a while with focus on strength
>looks like a dyel (according to fit)
>max squat of 180 kg
>starts hypertrophy
>can do squats 160x5x12

who do you think will look better after 6 months?

why the fuck do people think u need a strength base to get results from a hypertrophy routine?
Is this the single biggest meme on fit?

Since day 1 I'm doing Hypertrophy, fuck wannabe powershitters, they are all.ugly anyways.

thats because of diet not because of some sort of a retarded concept that is strength base...

person B will obviously look better because they have more time lifting.

person A will progress their squats much faster even doing hypertrophy rep ranges.

>People who take lifting serious and do either one extreme or other.
>You will almost never have a need to deadlift 600 pounds, and if you are then better hope you have good back
>Looking aesthetic to truly stand out require rare genetics, religious bodybuilding lifestyle, or roids

Lift for personal goals, supplement it with a sport you like, even if its something more solo oriented.

Enjoy life, you won't look like the next zyzz or pull 800+

>Enjoy life, you won't look like the next zyzz or pull 800+

Not with that attitude you won't

Ok your right, you might be able to pull off those 2. But...

People who haven't been in a gym for a solid few months think you can attain zyzz status and maintain easy. Nope won't happen.

As for having ridiculous strength and pull 800+ you need either to have a solid body to work with, or work through years of setbacks and dodging injuries while developing incredible mind muscle connection.

Thats why you tell them how much you bench. Bench is the universally accepted normie strength measure

But that's fucking wrong.

Literally the best way to gain strength is within the 5 rep range. That's a proven scientific fact based on studies.

Fuck off with your disinformation, if you don't actually know what the fuck you're talking about than don't give advice to people on Veeky Forums

>implying that I care what anyone besides my grandma thinks about me

Not that person, but I've been here on and off for the last 4 years. I never came to this board for advice. The only thing people do here is berate people for their height and be the contrarian to any point of view.

Whatever you say will be brushed off man, not worth engaging anyone here.

>implying your grandma would ever think you're anything other than a charming, handsome, young man

I'll starthypertrophy training when I reach 1/2/3/4

After reading about PHAT, it seems only logical that the stronger you are, the heavier reps you can do, which means you'll look juicier I guess, besides It is easier to quit going to the gym when you start working your ass 2 hours daily after spending all your time in your bedroom.
So starting with a 45 minute session every second day seems like a great way to prepare yourself for daily gym training.

I fucking hate how my quads are huge compared to my chest and arms

I stopped lifting for strength because my body ached too much and I didn't really know what it was all for. It's still fun and I lift 1x a week to keep up but now I'm more focused on boxing

If I hadn't started so young, maybe I would have cared more about form and not fucked myself over, but these days I can't lift without my shoulders screaming at me for 2 days. Legs are still ok though

I got out of strength and power lifting and got more into MMA

>i'm not strong, therefore no one else should be strong either

I don't find brosplits satisfying or fun.
Nothing bores the arse off me more than going in the gym and doing 3x12 skullscrushers, 3x12 cable flies, 3x12 tricep pushdowns or whatever bullshit the aesthetic yolo crew do when they are in the gym.

I also don't have body dsymorphia so I'm not that interested a chestbrah aesthetics crew wannabe.

I finf them extremely fun

Getting a sickening pump is fun

Good job butchering your volume capacity by not including low rep training. Not like volume is the main factor for hypertrophy or anything, right? Retard.

I switched from a bro split to strength for one key reason.... These aesthetic guys all have one thing in common.... They look really fucking gay. I don't want to be the guy who prances around in their underwear with pictures of your dick hanging out since I've been with enough sluts to know it's pointless. I don't want to count every calorie and limit myself when I go out to dinner with friends. I like knowing that I can overeat, drink beer and lift heavy as I can. Besides how often are you walking around shirtless unless you are at the beach or lake? People looking for an excuse to take off their shirt is a douche. I did my three months of stronglifts and doing madcow now. I'm looking forward to the day I can do bill starrs advanced

I started training specifically for strength because my uni has a powerlifting club and I want to get on the team. But I think I'd probably continue doing strength training after graduating because I prefer hitting goals on the big three to doing gay brosplits with endless accessories.

>Everyone will assume you are strong
>give you respect

Ego is strong within this one.

>The only reason you would lift for strength is if you are autistic and played too many RPGs as a kid.

wut

I found a comfy spot in the middle. Honestly I understand where people are coming from when they get tired of the powerlifting meme, you spend all your time looking at thick, solid, tight guys forgetting that you only look like that after like 3 years of autistic training and diet, meanwhile you just feel fat all the time and go to bed worrying about your joints and if that popping sound in your knee is a bad sign.

If you combine both approaches and mix in low reps with hypertrophy exercises, you get a good mix of both. Also I don't care if it's a meme, nothing feels better than spending an hour+ working your arms and chest.

>Low reps
>Hypertrophy

Basically this.
I lift for strength because I'm weak and skinny. I already gained around 6-7kg of muscle mass and look better both in clothes and naked (especially in my suit I bought when in Skelly mode). Right now I'm thinking about adding more volume to increase endurance, and focus more on cardio. Thanks to strength training I was able to help my friend in his job (transporting furniture) and I feel it's overalls helpful to be stronger. I don't care about being powerlifter or looking like Zyzz. Useful strength that comes with slow aesthetic gains is really enough reward.

Also I enjoy lifting.

you're mom also thinks that about me

You're right. When I started lifting I went straight for a PPL (thats what my brother told me to do) and started a bulk diet of 3000 cals a day.

I made some decent gains in the last year (140 to 160) but I'm weak as fuck.

She's been criticizing me my whole life actually.

We get it user, you are bumfuck ugly. We know you are trying to fix that by getting a good body, but in reality it will never help you. If you are born ugly you are born a beta cuck

Stupid thread. Strength builds endurance. Endurance allows volume at higher weights.

High volume/heavy weight means great gains.

Have fun being 150lbs ur whole life.

lmao you fuckers are clueless