So by 1/2/3/4

So by 1/2/3/4

Does fit means 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps?
Or 1/2/3/4 for ORM?

I only count 5 reps

Idk what everyone else does but lifting something twice with huge form breakdown is not something I count as "breaking a pr"

to me it's 5 reps. I find 1rm silly, and would never try it since it would interfere with my training schedule

For 5 reps

it's obviously 1 rep. why would you even think it could be anything else?

SS dyels detected

Shit, 4 plate Deadlifts for reps seem so far away.

For people who started as fatties it's 5 reps

For people who started as skellies it's ORM

315lbs squat isn't even 2x bodyweight for a 200lb fatass but for a 150lb skelly that's over 2x bodyweight. Weight classes exist for a fucking reason you know

It's for 20 reps, each rep paused, 3 seconds down, 3 seconds up, no form breakdown, no belt, no chalk, high bar, conventional, and without letting your heart rate get above 90 bpm.

Anything else is just ego statting. Those faggots in the Olympics that "clean and jerk" 200 kg can't really lift the weight, so they have to resort to yanking the bar and using momentum to get it up. So no, it doesn't count.

Honestly, I'd say it depends on the circumstances that you started lifting.

If you started lifting with no prior strength-training or had no athletic background, then ORM for sure, and even that will be hard to achieve.

If you started seriously lifting after having been playing football, soccer, wrestling, etc. for years, then ORM will seem like babyweight.

You'll always get dudes saying that they've been seriously lifting for 6 months and already achieved 1/2/3/4, but then you learn they had a very athletic background. Then you'll see someone lifting for a year who hasn't hit 1/2/3/4 yet and you learn that they literally did no physical activity prior to lifting.

Fuck you delusional SS cunts who think you'll never stall. It will happen, most likely before 1/2/3/4

if Olympics fags actually had to do all that It would probably be for the better

10/10 bat m8
reads as something serious

>Doing SS
>OHP at 3/4 pl8
>Can already feel the stall happening.

>tfw I've stalled here for too long

Its just a mark. you dont have to match it OP

First one then the other.

Tfw struggling to deadlift 4 plates for reps

Rippetoe goes to excruciating lengths to explain nutrition for retarded skeletons like you.
It's 5 rep max for everyone. If you aren't making that within your 1st or 2nd year of training then you're fucking around and wasting time, not training for strength.

Don't complain about weight classes if you refuse to leave yours.

It'd take a normal person a year and a half /2 years minimum for those stats. Anyone can get fat and throw that weight around, not all of us are going to though. I'm 170 and those are all my three rep max. Been lifting for a little over 2 years now.

what if you started skinny fat

So, you don't take your weightlifting seriously, and are trying to justify your weak progress by making sweeping statements that anyone who actually tries to follow a program is fat. A person who spends a little bit of time in the gym learns not to make excuses for themselves. If they aren't training for strength, then they don't involve themselves in talk about strength training.

I serious doubt you are able to 3 rep any of those babby weights. Get on your bike and fuck off, m8.

>It's 5 rep max for everyone. If you aren't making that within your 1st or 2nd year of training then you're fucking around and wasting time, not training for strength.

Or your just a manlet who doesn't want to add on being a fatfuck to your misfortune.

Deadlifting 405 for 5 reps is "Advanced" according to symmetricstrength for a guy who weighs 195 pounds, which is supposed to take several years.

A 5'8" guy who weighs 195 has a BMI of 33. That's basically the natty limit for someone at 18-19% bodyfat. If you want to be lean, it takes steroids and/or a big gut.

Who gives a shit?

It's an arbitrary number anyway.

This

5'9 175lbs
can DL 4 plates 5 reps
>still DYEL

I take it seriously, but I'm also not going to risk my overall health by guzzling milk and stuffing multiple pounds of meat and eggs down my throat. There's this weird live fast die young culture in strength training that really fucks people up in the long run, and I would rather not be one of them. Maybe you aren't fat, but putting on that much mass and strength in such a short period of time will come back around, whether it be an injury, joint health, or heart health, it's just not a smart thing to do.
I will never make a living lifting, so I will never potentially kill myself over it. Expecting a 1/2/3/4 5 rep max out of a former skeleton after one or two years is just plain dumb. It took me at least 6 months to even get decent form on my lifts.

>endangering your health
GOMAD is a simple method given to meat headed high school football JVs trying to get a letter.

If you can find a more nonGMO vegan organic source of that many calories that won't whither your dreadlocks, go ahead.

Those number seem oddly unbalanced. My estimated 1rms are 63kg / 83kg / 134kg / 146kg
And I've actually done 62,5kg OHP so I know that one for sure.

Nice to have one of them in the box already!

I know lots of people that are unsymmetrical often due to having t outlet getting form going on certain lifts.

It's advanced for someone of a low weight, yes.

It doesn't mean you need to maintain a low weight to try and gain strength and muscle mass.
People say 1-2 years because that's literally all it takes if you follow a routine and hit your macros. Don't try and bullshit your way out of it. It's a fucking recipe. If you choose to bake a cake without flour like a gluten-free pleb it's your own fucking fault that it doesn't rise. Don't complain about the standard height of a cake being too high or exclusive for people not on a gluten free diet.
I hope you like the cake analogy, since you keep making retarded remarks about weight.

Either follow a program and gain a certain amount of strength, or do your own thing and don't fucking complain about the standards being too high for your shitty routine.

>having t outlet getting form going
huh?

But yeah I've been having different success nailing the form in the lifts. OHP came fairly quickly, same with squats, but DL and bench were a bit trickier.

I have a good alternative, don't do it. Make your own meals at home using lots of fresh produce and sustainably sourced meat and fish. If you can't afford to do so, maybe reconsider your priorities and focus on your career path for the time being.

Should add that I think the 2pl8 bench seems incredibly high compared to the others.

I gave you an out, stop arguing strength training if you aren't serious about it.

Everything about your comment says you aren't actually training for strength; you're making excuses about what you think is healthy, what you think is safe, and what you think is satisfactory progress. That's fine, but 1/2/3/4 is an intermediate lifting standard for a reason. Traditionally, people who don't take weightlifting seriously view that as the endpoint of lifts, and spend years slowly working their way to it.
For others, it's a beginning point.

>1pl8 OHP
>2pl8 bench
>4pl8 deadlift
>2.25pl8 squat

why is my squat so shit, even warm up sets feel like PRs

It's funny that you're criticizing my valid point by simply saying that everyone is the same when it comes to strength training. It shows how ignorant you really are when it comes to lifting. I never stated 1/2/3/4 is the end all be all, I simply stated that not everyone will be able to reach those stats in only 2 years. 2 years is hardly any time when it comes to someone who is serious about lifting, and being smart about what you should and shouldn't be doing to your body is the best way to keep those stats climbing. Should you push yourself in the gym? Absolutely
Should you damage your body with a shit diet from a guy who pours heavy cream and orange crush in his protein drinks? Absolutely not.
Information is one click away bud. You can fuck yourself up in the short term to satisfy your dream of a big squat once in your life, or you can pace yourself and continue to make gains for most of your life. The choice is yours really.

Tried using a belt for your squat? Might help if you can brace a little easier

I was at a gym that had a belt hanging on the squat rack and tried it.
felt pretty good but i feel like a little bitch using a belt at that babby weight.

Belts are a great way to learn how to properly brace at any weight. Id also video tape yourself during a set and see where your body is faltering during the squat and go from there.

>Hurr durr, GOMAD memes
Eat a dinner of chicken, vegetables and rice cunt, follow it up with a protein shake. If you actually knew anything about nutrition and routine you wouldn't be bitching about being weaker than the standards a weightlifting board has for good progress. What I'm saying here is that you don't need to eat McDonalds every meal and chase it down with milk.

You aren't 'fucking yourself up' by eating over maintenance while exercising, fuccboi.

You don't seem to understand that your approach to training and someone who actually gives a shit is completely different. Don't pretend you're going the smart route here, you just can't be bothered.
And I'll repeat it again, it's fine that you aren't training for strength
BUT. DON'T. COMPLAIN. ABOUT. THE. STANDARDS.THAT. PEOPLE. WHO. TRAIN. FOR. STRENGTH. SET.

You're triggering my autism. Why can't you see that you're making excuses about your strength level. You're either training for it or not. You aren't training for strength if you're doing half-measures. You're artificially limiting your own progress, stop acting like a woman and declaring where you are now as the acceptable standard.

i usually squat relatively high bar and wear adidas powerlift 2's.
my squat usually slows down at 90°, i have no problem getting out of the ATG hole. i thought about squating barefoot, maybe to activate my glutes and hams more?

You're not refuting any of my points. Youre just saying that your way is the only way and everyone is the same with training. I'd bet you've been lifting for around a year with the bullshit your spewing.

I'd guess tight hips or glutes. Try bridges and sumo work with some hip circles before warming up

thanks user, will try.
can't believe i've had a serious convo on Veeky Forums kek

Orm is what people mean. Insecure trolls on Veeky Forums will say otherwise in this thread, ignore them

Try 3-5/2-3/1-2 reps per set with max weights and add 3 sets x 5 reps with 70-80%. Easier to progress strenghtwise (obviously, because less reps)to stress CNS while still having enough hypertrophy
Gl bros

Totally this

nice bait

>then you're fucking around and wasting time, not training for strength.
I've been lifting for 5 years and haven't hit those numbers. I'm not wasting time.

I just don't care enough to be that strict with lifting. It relieves stress and makes me feel good after a long work day. I also get to eat more delicious food than I'd be able to otherwise.

Not everyone has that as a goal, you retarded faggot.

its 1RM

its not

the reason its 1rm is because 1/2/3/4 is never explicitly specified as 5rm whenever anyone mentions it, so you have to assume many people think everyone is talking about 1rm. Thus, all the people that say they can do 1/2/3/4 and do it 5RM can satisfy a 1rm requirement, but 1RM-rs cant satisfy the 5RM.

So you have two options:
a) you go with 1RM and everyone who says they can do 1/2/3/4 actually can, no matter how many reps.
b) you go with 5rm and assume someone people who say they can do 1/2/3/4 actually cant. and this % of liars is totally unknown and so your estimation of %-that-cant-actually is fucking worthless, rendering any discussion about 1/2/3/4 fuckin pointless.

at least a) you can talk about it with some kind of baseline understanding.

it's always 1rm unless stated otherwise.

nobody ever asks you "hey bro, what's your 5 rep max on bench??"