no.

In what capacity?

Yes. Equally worthless

This. Humans have no intrinsic value.

This.

Ideally equal in the eyes of the law.

Strong emphasis on ideally.

>t. edgy teen nihilist

Why not? They can suffer and can enjoy their life, why this is not enough to have intrinsic value?

Moral weight.

No. And I don't say this as some edgelord shit thinking I'm the smartest person in the world.

Other people are more attractive and smarter than me. Fact. other people are just plain better than me.

Same token, a lot of people are just plain worse than me too. We're not 'created' equal. Some of us just have better genes. Sad fact of life.

all humans are born equal, but their actions alter their equality.

>born equal
Well, when they are still embryos they are not equal?

uhhh, created equal I guess

Can anyone explain to me why this is such a reddit idea? I mean it is, but why? Is reddit even younger than Veeky Forums? Are redditors just mainly pseudo-intellectuals with depression and low self worth?

>all humans die
Yep

only communists think so but they are dead wrong

Guys we do not have to guess and speculate about this.

Some humans are born more generally intelligent, more attractive, more driven, etc. It's a known fact of human psychology that 50% of human variation being due to your genetics is a lowball estimate, especially measures of intelligence.

No. We're only made equal out of necessity.

For example, I'm allowed to
>Steal honey from bees
>Molest a cow's tits for milk
>Trespass a cat's territory
>Steal berries from a bush belonging to a bear
>kill as many insects as I want

But I'm not allowed to do those things to humans, not to any extent, otherwise I'd be arrested; it's only because they have some economic or political value.

I couldn't give a fuck about some poor child in Africa. There's literally pictures of starving children, and I feel absolutely nothing that I wouldn't feel for any other sick/starving animal. They're not from the same family, they don't speak my language, and they didn't grow up in this town or have the same friends; they are nobodies, and that, to me, makes them not equal.

Imagine your loved one hanging off a cliff; and there's some random Chinese guy also hanging from the cliff; but to save the Chinese guy, you would lose your loved one. Would you still save the Chinese guy?
Maybe my argument doesn't work, because my loved one obviously has more personal value to me; but therein lies the problem. Any kind of personal value WILL reduce humans to inequality. It's semantics; someone with more merit may be more personally valuable to me; or someone with the same skin color may be more personally valuable.

It's pretentious.
And wrong.

All animals die

Before the law, yes. Otherwise, no. Every human is unequal to every other human, but should be treated equally by the law.

The photo proves the answer to be no. Humans cannot be equal when many of them have male pattern balding.

It boils down to your definition of equality, men and women aren't the same in terms of physical appearance, physical strength, way of thinking and their needs. I do believe that people deserve similar rights but that doesn't necessarily mean we should expect both sides to be equal. Humans as a species deserve the same rights but they differ in intelligence, personality, opinions, mindsets and beliefs. But they're equal nonetheless

This.

To stay on topic: well no, not all humans can contribute to market capitalism.

yes, each human stems from a slut

This is tecnically the correct answer, but not a good answer. If we were to follow this statement to the last consequences, we are considering a man as something which can be compared and clasificated, which is not true, and contradicts the very foundation of our society and judicial system (that every man is equal to the law). Every man is different, but saying that some men are vetter than others is a dangerous idea

Just because people are unequal does not mean they get treated under different justice systems. The truth should never be avoided just because you consider it dangerous.

> equal
yes
>are the same
no

The only inequality is the amount of virtue in men’s souls.

Intelligence is largely a combination of learned behavior and knowledge.

There are vast differences though in how Good and Bad a person just inherently ‘is’

Yes, all sentient beings are equal.

How do you know it?

no

some have equal rights, depending on the political and legal system

but no human has ever been born equal in any way

>no intrinsic value
>is a conscious intelligent humanoid
>can perform tasks and solve problems
>can perform violence and fight for peolonged periods
>can organise with others to do both
>can communicate and othervise share information
>can learn and be trained
>can teach and train others
>can reproduce with others and increase in number

>no intrinsic value

We are talking about moral values.

If you are a woman you can legally murdering human embryos.

Yes

>Are redditors just mainly pseudo-intellectuals with depression and low self worth?
Yes

They are different that´s for sure. So unless we invent some way to apply universal degeneracy (e.g. everyone is good at something, everyone is dear to somebody), there will always be a way to rate them.

Despite being deeply triggering opinion, this is correct. One must first explain what he means by "equal".

but then what sort of thing does have intrinsic value? does anything? context seems important to determining value.

In no capacity are we equal. It's all a lie.

t. christcuck brainlets
give me one objective reason why humans (or anything) has value

it doesnt, now kill yourself.

i have subjective reasons as to why i want to live, doesn't mean i have any sort of objective value or reason to exist

If morality is undefined, then yes.
If it is, then no.

yes. in the end, we'll all be equally 6 feet under. what's the point of separating ourselves when we can enjoy the time we have in good company?

then why are we having this discussion then?

because neither one of us has anything better to do i suppose

No wonder they fit in so well on Veeky Forums.

What about the people who get cremated

Except they dont

Well, have a nice life, may we both find some value in it.

From the perspective of life, all are equal.
From the perspective of death, all are equal.

From the perspective of money, none are equal.
From the perspective of happiness, none are equal.