Why is that almost every president of the US is from the east coast?

Why is that almost every president of the US is from the east coast?

Most people from the US are on the east coast and its been settled the longest

Literally easiest question you can ask

Is Haiti considered east coast?

This is the stupidest thing anyone has ever asked.

All 12 of them?

brainlet.jpg

how is it that the only presidents from California (Nixon and Reagan) were also big time conservatives?
is the commiefornia thing just a meme cause urban centres tend to be 'louder' and more visible in media?

Because until around 1950 everything west of the Mississippi river was sparsely populated

On a random note, I'm pretty sure that Ohio has had the most presidents. Something to do with being a long-time swing state.

It's because of Jewywood

Go look at where all of the 50 presidents are from.

I think I can help here. First off, Reagan wasn't really "from" California (he was born in Illinois and lived there until his 20's) and he went from being a liberal to being a conservative through his relationships with the studio executives, wealthy folks from LA and from when he worked for GE. As for Nixon, he was never a liberal and he was from California. California was a fairly conservative state until the era of the New Deal (and afterwards as well) and there's plenty of conservative places in California today, like Orange County (2016 was the first time that OC had gone blue since Roosevelt's landslide 1936 re-election). The only big-name liberals from California that I can think of who had presidential ambition would be Jerry Brown.

>is the commiefornia thing just a meme cause urban centres tend to be 'louder' and more visible in media?

Its a meme though not necessarily because of large urban centers.I have said before and I will say it again that California is a moderate state that is forced to vote entirely for the left by the incompetence of the right. I would type up a lengthy response but this guy from reddit said it better for the most part (fucking sue me, I'll abandon reddit when we can actually discuss local news on Veeky Forums)

>Also the CA GOP's problems stem less from demographic trends (which extremists love to harp on) and more just internal management. Fact is they haven't updated the platform since the 90s and it shows. They can't even seem to promote things both rural and urban voters might like; for example NSA reform (which Rand Paul of Kentucky continues to promote), digital rights reform, road tolling or zoning deregulation. They're in a rut because the classic Republican tent (taxes, abortions, gays) doesn't work. Democrats make short work of them as a result.

>Which should make sense if you look at the broader picture. The CA Republican party ran the GOP for most of the twentieth century, giving us two hugely influential Presidents (Nixon and Reagan) who orchestrated the end of the Cold War and the global financial system we take for granted today. This happened because at the time (1900-99) the party was actively engaged with people and up to date on issues they cared about. Nixon moved from a hawkish anti-communist to "peace with honor", Chinese trade and nationalization of American passenger rail. Reagan went from SDI to START I. They moved while Dems were stuck in neutral trying to resell people on the New Deal.

So basically conservatives in California are pic related but somehow for their own voter base (let alone statewide left leaning trends).

>flood state with non-white minorities
>state turns blue

really makes you think

Texas was able to stay red after its own influx of Mexicans because their republicans weren't assholes about it and actually adapted the statewide party. Californian Republicans went hard-line on immigration during the migrations, in a time where the wounds were still fresh from multiple iterations of "Operation Wetback". Now they poisoned their relations with a large proportion of the population and instead of working to change their platform they are sitting there playing victim.

Stop poisoning your surrounding States. Also, you're not getting any of our fucking water. I'd give it to Saudi Arabia before I'd give it to you.
t. Michigan

Texas stayed red because spics don't vote, unlike the hordes of asians that flooded California

>Stop poisoning your surrounding States.
When they stop trying to poison us.

>Also, you're not getting any of our fucking water.
>t. Michigan
Nobody wants your fucking water Get over yourself.

The east coast has and has had the largest portion of the population.

I can see Texas turning into a swing state by 2030 desu. Hillary did better there than any dem since Carter and she's fucking Hillary.

>When they stop trying to poison us.
Poison you? You're the ones fleeing into them to escape the hell of your own making.
>Nobody wants your fucking water
Don't come to me when you're taking 15 second showers next summer.

Also a lot of the hardcore right guys like Miller and Bannon lived in the belly of the beast. California didn't use to be so liberal, but it was still definitely more liberal than elsewhere at the time of Nixon or Reagan. Bannon is defeated and impotent now but at least it explains why you have had highly conservative guys from California - they see the end result of the progressive side of the left and respond with equal and opposite reaction.

Also presidents often aim to have their state pedigree help them in their electoral efforts. Any democrat from California is carrying baggage that is more harmful than helpful because his foe can paint him or her as a californian looney and they already were going to win california. The only reason a democrat would want a californian running mate is because they'd already be more centrist or center-left and need something to appeal to the far left.

The hell is that too many of you people flooded into us and bought out all of our property and now we have nowhere to live. You are the ones who wanted beach houses, locals be damned. You are reaping what you sow.

But I have a comfy lake house on my own acre of land, friend.

>americans unironically have water shortages in their own country
Man, this is some central Africa shit

A whole acre? Get outta here.

they're not water shortages in that sense

That's the Lakehouse.
Only in the Desert States, and only because they demand to live European style Lives.

I thought Virginia had the lead due to their massive early head start

More spics vote gop in Texas as compared to Non Texan spics

You spelled Virginia wrong.

Most Europeans don't have pools.

Worst Presidents come from Texas.
Best Presidents come from New York.

Africans can't swim

We don't want your frack water you fat fuck. Or should I say, yeh fat fack.

I thank your grandfather for not speculating on Californian land, but you're a bit of a cunt for thinking that because he did have a lack of foresight entitles you to shit on the ones fucked by those who didn't.

That would be why Texas in 2020 might be a surprise. If the Democrats learn from the Trump model and run a social democrat like Sanders instead of a boring old liberal, Trump, who already underperformed in Texas in 2016 against Hilldog, is in some very deep shit.

I'm pretty sure that's because The Wall was THE issue of election, of course they're going to have Mexicans voting against that. It's honestly a testimony to the conservative nature of Tejanos that Texas was still so far red.
If anything could push Texas blue, it was the 2016 election. It didn't happen then, so I don't expect it to happen any time soon.