The Spanish Civil War

>The nationalists were the good guys.
Agree or disagree?

Other urls found in this thread:

maalla.es/Libros/La otra cara de la II Republica.pdf
reuters.com/article/us-morocco-spain-war/morocco-tackles-painful-role-in-spains-past-idUSTRE50E0NT20090115
newrepublic.com/article/102134/spanish-holocaust-francisco-franco
youtube.com/watch?v=9weVo7tCvjc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Disagree.

Disagree

Agree

>failed to entirely vipe out the communist venom

fucking losers

Disagree. But nevertheless, the anarchist were shit for the republican cause.

Disagree. The republicans lacked unity, but overall I'd rather be ruled by them than by Franco and his goose-steppers.

Kinda Agree,i mean, both were bad but the republicans were worst

We know the nationalists killed more people and in a more systematic organized way. In what way the republicans were worse?

Massacred the clergy and deficated in churches

which even the church today says that they had it coming

They did have the best flag

> The entire republican forces burned churches and raped nuns, all supported by the government.

Come on Veeky Forums you can do better.

And the other side massacred intellectuals, teachers, professors, trade unionist and left-wing journalists. Many of them weren't even communists or anarchists.

>Many of them weren't even communists or anarchists
Oh yes they were.

>We found unpublished data about prohibitions in Spanish universities banning Darwin's books. The Franco regime defended the literalism of the Bible, which was considered an infallible account, inspired by the word of God. Scientific ideas that contradicted it, such as Darwinist evolution, were considered unacceptable. For example, in the last years of Francoism, religious censors prohibited science broadcaster Félix Rodríguez de la Fuente from using the phrase “the sea, the cradle of life” on public television.
Agree, fuck science.

Yep, some (if not all) members of the spanish government were members of the Opus Dei.

Started as bad became good then went bad.

Do you want to get int the crimes of the naitonalists?

For instance organising mass rapes with their Moroccan soldiers?

>And the other side massacred intellectuals, teachers, professors, trade unionist and left-wing journalists.
In other words, they killed political activists. So what? Every side does that.

Childhood is thinking the nationalists were in the right

Adulthood is realizing that the only person in the right during that whole damn thing was King Juan

>Catholicism
>literalism of the bible

Try again

Also, do you even know what the Opus Day is!? They were the most liberal members of the Francoist regime, and one of the reasons the transition to democracy was so succesful with Juan Carlos. Had it not be an opus Dei the regime would have been much more opressive

>Opus Day
>Day
All americans must fucking hang.

Of the three factions fighting, yeah, probably. The Republic was the real good guy, but it got raped and murdered by cryptofascists and leftist traitors.

Sorry, I made a mistake. But I also wrote it right later

>murdered by cryptofascists
uuuh honey, I don't think cryptocurrencies existed at the time.

Carlists > Republicans (1936) > Nationalists > Republicans (1937-39)

I’m Basque, so I disagree.

this

The winners in a civil war always kill more than the losers

I find it curious how almost all far-right people support Franco, when here in the north of Spain all old people call the war "the revenge of the moors" since Franco's army was almost exclusively composed by north africans. Sad.

Maybe the far-right isn’t as racist as people think?

Most franco supporters on Veeky Forums are brainlets who support anything with the label "right wing" stuck to it.

T. Right wing Anti-Franco man

I would agree if only Sanjurjo and Mola wouldn't have died and named Franco as the leader.
t.asSpaniard

He was at the very least the lesser of two evils, fuck commies and anarchists.

Because right-wing Spaniards have no one else to look up to like right-wing Italians do with Mussolini or Brits do with Mosley.

>Mussolini
>Mosley
>right-wing

Republicans were the good guys before they got left to hang and the commies took over.

Yeah, i have no idea what kind of retard point kill counts are. Civil wars are almost always massacres and the winner just gets an upper hand and starts killing more. The point is even more retarded if the losing side started the conflict and then gets butthurt about the after effects.

nationalists were the good guys, but Franco wasnt nationalist

I believe people think about II Republic as a leftist commie org, but some people dont know that right wing parties were in charge of the government more time than the leftists did.

Even the first republican president, Niceto Alcalá Zamora was a right wing liberal.

¡Ya hemos pasao!
Y estamos en las Cavas.
¡Ya hemos pasao!
Con alma y corazón.
¡Ya hemos pasao!
Y estamos esperando 'pá ver caer la porra de la Gobernación.
¡Ya hemos pasao!

The Republic was a true Popular Front before the Gommies couped them and murdered every liberal and anarchist. After that, the Nationalists were unironically the good guys.

[citation needed]

>what is google and how can it be used to verify common knowledge?

So stop whining about muh poor priests and nuns. The Catholic Church was as politicized as the Republicans.

>Dude just Google it xD
This is a History board, I'm not gonna look for a source for you.

>organising mass rapes with their Moroccan soldiers
>believing in literal republican propaganda

>Regulares are now propaganda

>Yeah, i have no idea what kind of retard point kill counts are.

Bias
T
he Republican side was supported by the Soviet Union, so there is no doubt that Spain would have fallen into its sphere of influence once the war ended.

Completly agree. The nationalists save us from the second republic

maalla.es/Libros/La otra cara de la II Republica.pdf

Yeah, sadly one of the generals of the nationalist side have a audio literal saying that.

I not even republican (In fact I'm a monarchist.).

>Regulares are now propaganda
Show proof that the Moroccan soldiers engaged in systematic rape.

meant for

You will call it Republican propaganda.

>Fernando González Meléndez
Who? I love when articles have zero sources.

Who?

Listen, i am not claiming that the Moroccans didn't do any bad things, but the claim that they organised mass raping of civilians simply isn't true as far as i know. The article below discusses the dark past of their involvement in the war, nowhere could i find anything about organized rape.

reuters.com/article/us-morocco-spain-war/morocco-tackles-painful-role-in-spains-past-idUSTRE50E0NT20090115

It's not only the Moroccans, but there was systematic rape and humiliation of Republican women. Preston writes about this in his Spanish Holocaust.

Whatever massacres the nationalists did paled in comparison to what the communists would have done, but Franco was an autist tbqh.

Joseph Primo de Rivera was the only good guy in this shitshow.

Thanks Franco to save us from commies!

agree, though he fucked up not completely wiping out the c*talans

>paled in comparison to what the communists would have done
More nonsense.

newrepublic.com/article/102134/spanish-holocaust-francisco-franco

>The Regulares, again despite the name, were Muslim troops recruited in Morocco, and promised pillage in Spain. Preston is as restrained as he can be in the presentation of the regular gang rape of Spanish women by Muslim mercenaries under the command of Spanish nationalists. This was part and parcel of Franco’s policy.

>Republicans
>Don’t imitate them! Don’t imitate them! Surpass them in your moral conduct; surpass them by your generosity. I do not ask you, however, that you should lose vigour in battle or zeal in the fight. I ask for hard breasts for the combat, hard like steel, as some of the courageous militias have named themselves — Breast of Steel — but with sensitive hearts, capable of shaking in the face of human sorrow, and capable of harbouring mercy, the tender sentiment without which the most essential part of human greatness is lost.[55]

>Nationalists
>It is necessary to spread terror. We have to create the impression of mastery eliminating without scruples or hesitation all those who do not think as we do. There can be no cowardice. If we hesitate one moment and fail to proceed with the greatest determination, we will not win. Anyone who helps or hides a Communist or a supporter of the Popular Front will be shot.

Makes you think.

Queipo de Llano

Heres the audio if you know spanish:. youtube.com/watch?v=9weVo7tCvjc

>tfw no Primo de Rivera/Durruti ending
We could be colonizing Mars by now

This is why Republicans lost, it's as if SJWs fought against trained army men

>Tens of thousands of women had their heads shaved and were force-fed castor oil (a powerful laxative), then jeered as they were paraded through the streets soiling themselves.
>b-but muh nun corpses
I'm sure Christ would be proud of those brave Catholic warriors.

The Nationalists were the good guys because they were based right wingers! They never did anything wrong like those evil commies >:(

>tfw reading about Ramiro Ledesma and José Antonio's deaths

>implying mosley is in anyway admirable
The fuck wit never gained a seat in parliament, and had his ass kicked wherever he went, rat fuck deserved everything he got.

start a civil war to make spain fascist
vs
start a civil war to make spain communist
This was the best timeline, the civil war would had happened anyways

Agree
liberals are worse than commies.

>revisionism intensifies

Oh yeah the material and military support from the Nazis and Italy did nothing at all, especially not to facilitate Franco’s army getting from North Africa to Spain.

La única iglesia que ilumina es la que arde.

They still are

False

There is only one correct flag

franco was BLACK

CHECKED

Honestly both sides were shit for various reasons.

what are those reasons

Impressive

because he was neutral until the republican government preemptively exiled him
>also
t. anarchist

>t. anarchist

Being a sadistic bully is being an sjw

The republicans were brutal murderers and rapist.

damn so the nationalists were like darth vaders and the republicans were the rebels...

Badajoz 1936

>Be my great-grandparent
>Push the republic under Lerroux, cos the Alfonso XIII sucks, and get a nice official position
>See how the republic was going to the shitter, take side with Franco during the war, and get nice position
>See how in the last years Franco was already done, push the Andalusia's autonomy
>Nowadays is considered one of the fathers of "la patria andaluza"

Agree, but good guys isn't the right term, only the lesser of two evils.
The """republicans""" were full of communists and anarchists and there'd be no real unity in the country that resulted, only another civil war.
It's just the splintered nature and tendencies of leftism as a whole that doesn't give me confidence in the stability of that state.
But at least the fascists ended up phasing back into democracy and liberalism.

>Le good guys vs bad guys
Yeah fuck no, any person with two or more fingers at the forehead knows how shitty was everyone at the civil war, even your beloved republicans. Before the civil war, those were years of civil unrest and killing rampage left and right.

inb4 leftypol tries to claim the republicans were good boyz who dindu nuffin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)

>And the other side massacred intellectuals, teachers, professors, trade unionist and left-wing journalists.
Good.

They already did here