I have to do a 50mile hike with 100 pounds of equipment on my shoulders next week

I have to do a 50mile hike with 100 pounds of equipment on my shoulders next week.

I dont think my body is ready for it. Are there some techinques to keep mind over matter? Or some sort of pills or substance to take to keep my body working longer or give temporary enegry?
Would drinking protein shake during that hike actually help somehow?

Avoid blisters

If anything feels like it's rubbing - it is and will only get worse

Not just shoes - backpack not loaded / sitting right can duck your back

I think that's impossible.

Especially the 100 pounds part

I think thats actually part of every Grundausbildung der Bundeswehr in Germany.

What's this for? Also, not really, endurance for these things is months and months of building tendon, bone and calluses around your lower extremities

>45 kiloa

Eipä ollu. Ei kannata ottaa kaikkia pelotteluja tosissaan

As an 11bangbabg (American Army Infantryman) I can promise you the weight is very possible though that kind of milage is ridiculous

It's not. The average guy is not fucking walking 50 miles with over 60% of his bodyweight on his back

OP here. Its for getting my sgt rank in the conscription army. Its the final test. We havent really prepared for that. Last hike was 26miles with same weights, that was hard enough.

Okey, okey, they do 48 miles with 40lb.

>45 kiloa

Edelleen, eipä ollu

In the Bundeswehr you only have to do stuff like this when you join the KSK . And that is 20KG Backpack for 7km in 40 mins
Afterwards you get another 20 kg Log on your back so 40kg in total and you have to walk until the officer says you are able to stop.

Aamuja vitun homo :D

OP here.
Im in the Estonian army. We have basic training hike 45kg and 41km, everyone has to do it and its not that impossible really.

Now all who are in the sgt training has to do 45kg and 80km through rivers and forests.

stfu finnbros, he might be estonian.

My hike was 30km only lol, was easy as shit.

We did a 25 miler with 60lbs and a weapon when I was in the military. We took breaks every 5 hours or so. The best thing you can do is buy gold bond for blisters bring lots of extra socks to avoid moisture and go into a detached trance. I ended up with stress fractures at the end of it, but made it through.

KSK is doing 160km, so youre talking shit.

Try depleting your glycogen stores three to four days before the event by going on a endurance run/ride (as long as you can) on empty stomach than stuffing your face with carbs the following two days.
Use caffeine pills/drinks before and energy gel (about 200 cals) for every hour of the hike. Maintain your pace, if you're out of breath stop and rest.
That's probably it without resorting to things like amphetamines/epo or six months endurance training plan.

Hello fellow 11b

i cant be the only person who thinks road marches are retarded right?

moving through actual terrain is way worse.

id take a 30k over 6 miles innawoods at night any day

You are definitely not going to want to drink a protein shake in the thick of it. I did a 30k movement in Dahlonega, GA and during the ordeal we were resupplied by myoplex shakes. Hardly anyone had the stomach for them, and those that did drink them threw up. No, what you're going to want is a lot of water and then something sugary to give you boosts of energy. My go to are energy chews. Pic related. I ate a pack every hour to two hours dependent on how I was feeling.

Eventually you're gonna start droning and that's when it's going to get easier.

t. Army Ranger

Its easy

you just have to defect to russia. also good look you will get fucked unless you regularly do endurance training.