>Remember I made thread saying I could only do chinups with 65lbs assisted

>It's been like 3 months
>Can only do 3x5 35lbs assisted now

WHY AM I SO DYEL

THIS ISNT FUCKING FAIR!

Other urls found in this thread:

runnersworld.com/sweat-science/what-causes-muscle-pain-during-hard-exercise
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit like this makes me appreciate my body. I only do pull ups when I go with a partner who wants to do them which is once every 3 months and I can do 5x5 easily with a 45lb plate strapped to my waist.

d-d-d-d-delete......

assisted chin/pullups are garbage. do negatives until you can do them on your own. What's your weight?

185lbs

Why are they garbage? It's the exact same movement and I find it easier to just reduce the weight when I can do all 3 sets

In 3 months you should be able to do actual chinups unless your uber fat.

I don't know why, I just know that 100% of the testimony on Veeky Forums and elsewhere is that people have little success progressive through assisted pulls. I've never heard the opposite. Try it and see for yourself, cause clearly what you're doing isn't working.

It's working slowly

And at least I can see progress as opposed to negatives where it's kind of difficult to see

5'10"
Started lifting 3 weeks ago,no prior sport experience whatsoever
Can do 3x10 at 20lbs assisted

What is wrong with you

I'm weak dude

Sedentary lifestyle all my life.

Negatives are a bit better IMO due to how the body reacts to stress. It grows cause it undestands that it isn't strong enough to do something. When you do assisted exercises, your body doesn't understand that it is weaker than needed cause you can do the exercise, albeit with little to no load and only a few reps. When you do negatives, it "feels" that it needs to get stronger to achieve success. There is some scientific backup to that theory, so it's not "user pulled it from his arse" 100% bullshit. More likely 70%.

How is that possibly different from doing it at such a weight that the last few reps are very difficult?

work in heavy pull downs 5x5 and maybe ull see progress

When you stress your muscles and tendons with bigger weight they get more microtears, which induce growth. Also the fact that last reps "feel" difficult doesn't actually make them harder than first ones. Your body knows its limits and warns you when you are reaching them, it definitely has some effect, but it misses that "additional muscle strings damage" that bigger weight with negatives can give you.

Damn you're lucky, it took me almost two months to reach a 35-pound plate.

>doesn't actually make them harder

It is noticeably and significantly harder to do them. Honestly I've just never felt the negatives.

do jumping chinups and focus on doing slow negative. soon youll be able to do regulars. I don't suggest doing the full rom early on since you won't progress for years. go as far down as possible but dont relax at the bottom, stop right when your scapula is about to get elevated.
git gud

Think about the reasons it feels harder. Lets say that muscles receive serious damage and lose strength over the exercise, how could one start a new set after a couple minutes of rest? Muscles can't heal at that rate, so it shouldn't be that. Maybe they ran out of fuel? That definitely happens, but a lot slower than it seems. What actually happens is your muscles get clogged with waste produced during contractions. To control the levels of "waste" your body feels ache that prevents you from doing more reps cause otherwise you might poison yourself with byproducts of muscular activity.
Sourse: runnersworld.com/sweat-science/what-causes-muscle-pain-during-hard-exercise
tl;dr - last reps are harder cause your body pussy out and signals you via pain to stop, pain is best signal which works on smartasses and retards alike

I thought it had to do with ATP replenishment?

It's not pain it's literally being unable to physically lift it...

It isn't the exact same movement.

The way it works prevents you from activating explosively, and your shoulders, elbows and hands are very likely to be in awkward positions.

You need to do negatives, you need pulldowns as accessory after work sets.

You need to stop being a pussy.

If you're fat, lose weight. Having 50kg strapped to your chest and ass isn't doing you favors. Same thing if you squat a lot and have big legs.

To some extent you are right - muscles do run out of fuel. However, it isn't the main reason that forces your body to stop doing exercise. Tell me, how many reps can you do with 35 pounds of assistance and how many more can you do with 50 pounds? It's only 15 pounds lighter, and the distance which you center of mass travels is same, but you can do a lot more work (literally work, the one thats measured in joules). The problem is that in one case (15 pounds lighter) your body can keep up with the rate at which the "waste" is produced and in other (15 pounds heavier) it cannot do it as effectively, so "the chalice overfills too fast", figuratively speaking.
tl;dr - your muscles are most likely capable of doing a couple more reps, they have a lot of ATP stored and fueled via bloodstream that carries water and oxigen to the muscles to create more on-the-go, but they wouldn't contract one more time cause it might damage them more severe

Don't do assisted pullups, that's garbage shit for crippled old people trying to stave off sarcopenia. Do lat pulldowns until you can do real pullups

Negatives and heavy lat pulldowns are your friend. Also lose some weight to make it easier.