ITT: Reasons to leave your gym

ITT: Reasons to leave your gym

Fuck these faggot clips, what kind of retard invented these

i agree but my old gym had the plastic ones and theyd break

Chalk gets fucking everywhere and its impossible to clean

Id have no problem with chalk if faggots would use it sensibly and not "look at me I use chalk" and get that shit on every piece of equipment and flooring

I like those clips desu

LOL you don't need fucking chalk. What a tryhard.

You will change your mind when you get past dead lifting 0.5plate

>using chalk for deadlifting less than 4plates

I bet your forearms are at the size of a toothpick

Honestly why even use these? Its very easy to balance the barbell without weights falling everywhere yet every fucker in the gym uses clips. I just dont see a need for it.

Spotted the dyel

Spotted the other dyel

What is it user is it hard to do your 5 sets of 5 without tilting the bar?

See, people who don't use a smith machine have to walk their weight out. While doing this the weights tend to slide one way or the other. If you actually lifted you'd experience this.

Sorry friend never had a problem with that and I never use the smith machine.

I like the clips that are plastic tubes that screw on and the clamps. Pic related for the clamps

If the bar ain't bending you're just pretending

>lay down on a bench
>grab the bar
>walk it out
>then bench press

>grab the bar
>walk it out
>do my deadlift sets

>grab the bar
>walk it out
>do my press sets

Even for squats if you are waving the bar around enough to NEED clips to hold the weights on you should re think what your doing

Clips are nice and do help the weights stay where they are (don't really do shit for deadlift became they don't hold on tight enough) but you shouldn't rely on them and NEED them

You'll put weight on the bar one day, I'm sure of it.

Found the weak dude.

When I do overhead press, I have to have the clamps on or the weights like to slide. Or are you a faggot who doesn't explode up the last few inches?

These clips don't hold on well enough either 2bh
The only good ones are the metal sleeve ones that have a screw you tighten

How am I supposed to play hopscotch on the indoor track now? REEEEEEEEE

yeah bro especially for your pressing sets. If you cant OHP 4 plates than fuck off.

Bench? Sure.
Deadlift? The weights will naturally slide out or lean after the first rep without clips
Squat? I will always use clips. I've seen too man retards drop their shit.

I press 1pl8 for reps and never had problems with weights sliding off.

>1pl8
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I remember when I weighed the same as a 9th grader.

>doing ohp
You got meme'd by Veeky Forums

Enjoy your suboptimal gains and increased risk of snap city

How much do you press?

Its the best compound shoulder exercise. What else do you recommend?

Learn to hold the bar straight your back and knees will thank you for it.

Even deadlift unless you are doing crossfit sets of 20+ the amount the weights shift is minor and you just slide the weights back after each set

The only reason people have problems with squats is because they take big steps out instead of small shuffles

Again you can use clips but you shouldn't need to.

Do the fucking clips impede your lifting? It's just a safety thing and if you don't like then you're gonna learn a stupid lesson the hard way I guess. It helps with grip strength anyways.

>safety
If you are lifting alone its far safer to not use clips while benching

I said you shouldn't need them to hold the weights on. If you do you are seriously fucking something up and should lower the weight and start again

Your walkout should be at most 3 steps on squat, and deadlift it has nothing to do with how straight the bar is. The force coming down naturally makes the weights shift. Even one 25 kg plate on my pendlay row shifts while I use it.
It's just stupid to not be extra cautious while lifting. You're putting yourself and others in potential danger.

I think you are missing my point completely

>if you need the clips to hold the weights on (because you are wobbling around out of control) you have much larger issues and should re think what you are doing

I never implied using or not using clips was more or less safe but that you shouldn't NEED the clips because you hold the bar level

i think he substitutes it with taking it in the ass x5
saw him in the gymshowers the other day

No, but weights will naturally shift during a lot of lifts unless you're lifting baby weight and set that shit down like you're at planet fitness a slight shift in the bar while walking out is 100% natural. I would rather make sure the weight stays in one spot during the entire set.

>he fell for the OHP is dangerous meme

What are your lifts? I am curious at what point do weights become so unstable to lift.

Deadlift with a worn pair of these without clamps please. Then walk out with them to squat. Get back to me.

I just fucked a bitch so hard she thanked me afterwards.
Too bad she pissed all over the sheets and we got blood everywhere. Now I can't wash away the smell of catfish and dirty pennies.

I want off this ride.

Pretty much this. When I do clean and jerks, them weights get to sliding.

I honestly think most of the people on the board only curl and do baby 1 plate squats.

I dont understand what you are trying to say
I do all my lifts without clips and I never had issues of weights sliding off. Maybe since you lift much more than me its much harder to keep the weights from sliding off. So how much do you lift?

Obviously you need clips to be doing clean and jerks but most people here just squat/deadlift/bench/press as primary barbell movements so that doesnt really apply.

i think youre in the wrong thread m8

>hurrr I have to appease my ego because I was called out for being an idiot
Even if I said I deadlifted 6pl8 you'd try to one up me.
I lift enough. Start clamping your weight, faggot.

Just had to tell someone ya'know.

To contribute
>no deadlift platform
I miss my old uni gym that had a great platform, I love diddylifts. Could lift lmao 5pl8 for reps but now I can barely manage 3.

Wait is that considered a plate? We have 25kg ones here. Is one plate 2x20kg or 2x25kg?

A pl8 is 2x45lbs or (approximately) 2x20kg

How much is enough? Not the same guy, just curious because you talked so much shit in this thread.

>just reached 90lbs DL, better get my chalk

-No chalk
-No platforms
-No bumper plates
-No squat racks/ power racks
-Rude staff
-Crowded to the point where it interferes with my workout
-Inadequate amount of weights

If a gym has any of these qualities, I won't pay money to go there. I can make due with pretty much any other issues, but these are hard lines.

Ask your gym management if you can still use liquid chalk

Its better as it doesnt leave a big mess, actually it doesnt leave white shit on anything. My gym has a no chalk rule but Im allowed to use liquid chalk.

There really is no reason not to use chalk, no matter what your strength level is at. It gives you a better grip on the bar, same as good knurling. Why not use it?

>doesn't use the safety clips
What sort of retarded-ass meme is this?

Kids, don't be stupid. Use the damn clips.

What he's saying is that they're shit clips (which they are) not that you shouldn't use them. Absolutely useless for oly lifting or deadlifting.

>going to do SLD
>need clips but none around
>some DYEL has a pair on his fucking EZ-bar while curling
Fucking why?

>using clips for a 2 pl8 lift
is this what autism in real life looks like?
clips are meant for situations where the bar literally bends downwards under the weight on each side. you don't need clips to bench 2 pl8. you do need pl8s to squat 9 pl8
dyel?

>Reasons to leave your gym
>A big group of people in a damp room, all sweating, breathing heavily and moaning at each other.
I wouldn't set foot in one of these degenerated shitholes.

Actually, a plate is 20 kilogram or (approximately) 45 lbs

kek

>not taking it in the ass till failure
Never gonna make it

I used it even back when I used to lift 30 kilos.

Its a safety thing, you never know what may happen, it doesnt hurt anybody and its just a good habit to have. It shows a bit of manners and gym etiquette.

An infestation of jobless minorities who've got nothing better to do and keep all equipment occupied. Usually Polish

Nigga somehow those bars are slippery as shit and since the sleeve is much shorter, you lean the bar 1 inch and the weights are flying around. I also always use clips when curling.

>you don't need clips to bench 2pl8
you don't need clips to bench

unless you want to shrek yourself of course

Nigger I've used that EZ-bar. There's nothing slippery about it.

It hides your shitty balance. For most of my lifts I refuse clips because if the weights shift it tells me I'm doing shit wrong.

More than you

You mean liquid callous ripper?

Might be related to both bar and plates that are available in your gym, man. I have some old rusty bars in my gym and taking the plates off requires force, while the new ones are obviously all nice and shiny, add good plates to that and there is almost no friction, even on straight bar I can't do a walkout on squats without them slipping, clips are a must.

Planet fitness. 'Nuff said

>safety

>watched DYEL drop 135 on himself and not be able to get it up

I ran over and helped him but that would have been avoided had he no used clips. Only thing I use clips for are deadlifts

>-No chalk
>-No platforms
>-No bumper plates
>-No power racks
>shit selection of other stuff

this is my gym. i'd love to switch it but other gyms around here cost twice as much and in some cases even more per month. if i wouldn't be a poorfag i'd make the switch

>no chalk
>every barbell is the same POS silver thing with all of the knurling gone
>top 40 music all day every day
>less than 5 squat racks
>shortage of plates
pic related, a 10/10 gym

> he doesn't use lube on the bar when pulling less than 6 plates

>those tryhard faggots that put chalk on the bench

Why would I give any reason to leave my homegym, OP? Homegyms are the best.

All the knurling gone as in it wore out or it was never there in the first place? I can't imagine that shit wearing out unless its like 25 years of hardcore use.

>knurling in the squat rack

>39658875
He fell for the standard double chain DYEL spotting technique

Chalk makes your forearms bigger because it allows you to pick up and hold heavy weights.

>top 40 music all day every day
Fuck this shit, they won't even let us touch the music at my gym for some reason. Once the computer was left unlocked and I made sure to delete the worst song on the list.

same thing tBh. bars with no knurling or an overly conservative knurl in conjunction with no chalk allowed is my biggest peeve with commercial gyms

have you never? especially if you have a felt pad bench, the difference is insane. I used to think it was cancer but once I used the bench right after someone who chalked it up, I couldn't believe how much better it was. on leather pads it probably doesn't make a huge difference but on cloth pads like they use in competition, it's unreal

Only 2 racks
>But no one else really uses them
We have those clips from the OP but also a lot of better ones.
For reasons I don't understand, when I get there at four thirty P.m. all the clips have been moved to one bench.
We have two different styles of 45 plates mixed on every rack... it takes an exertion of will to not make them all equally distributed

>1 power rack
>1 diddly platform
>4 squat racks but they're in the "functional" area that is closed for group crossfit sessions almost always during reasonable hours
>go in during peak hours
>walk straight into an empty power rack
>chalk provided for as long as you don't make a mess with it
>high quality equipment that stays in great shape because no one uses it
>tfw
Every single time. No matter how busy it is I've never had to wait for my turn to use the single rack or platform they have. I guess there are some benefits to going to suburban fitness center mostly populated by soccer moms.

>dyel hates springs because he's too weak to squeeze them on.

the fuck kind of meme is this? You just have weak grip.

olympic lifts. I still do them without clips, but I've already had a few incidents.

That shit comes off with a little brushing. All the faggots complaining about chalk are so faggots that not even gays would fuck you.

Unless there is in machines. Chalk outside the free weight zone its stupid.

Ayyy, we going to suffer when new years rolls around tho.
Forgot to mention
>Clanks
Mexican who benches a plate, with 1 inch of range before he lets the guard catch all the weight so it clanks loudly.
>The person I hate most in the world
55 yr old lady, does bodyweight bullshit and jump rope in the walking path between my rack and the water.
We have a cardio area go there RRREEEEE

had not any problems with them with deadlifts up to 180kg. And I doubt there are any problems up to 300. You're all retards

Hey, I'm Polish :(. And I'm jobless. But in my own country. What's wrong with Polish on emigration btw? Apart from the fact that huge percent of scum left for your skewed teeth island?

Do people really use chalk to bench? Why? Literally what is the point? Why do you need more grip when you're not pulling anything?

>1pl8
>He thinks this is big, he thinks this is anything beyond 1 year of working out.
Absolutely pathetic, come back when you graduate high school you measly little worm.

I bet you use straps and a mixed grip for a 2pl8 deadlift

>that guy who sprinkles chalk all over the bench before working out

Shaft collars. Get a pair.

A 2" shaft collar will grip a smooth sleeved bar so hard the plates will stay no matter what. Just shim it with a thin tape. Else get 50mm ones, but be prepared to pay more.

Also, 1-1/16" collars are perfect for pipe handle DB

Then why the fuck does anyone use clips?

Come back when you're actually moving some reasonable weight and try and still be adamant that clips are not needed.

The weight of a few plates shifting a little adds up to a lot of lateral movement no matter how fucking stable you're trying to be.