No QTDDTOT? There is one now

No QTDDTOT? There is one now.

I’m a beginner on a linear progression and my final objective is, as pretty much everybody else, aesthetics, and not strength. I heard here on Veeky Forums that you should stop your linear progression if you’ve either hit 1/2/3/4 or you failed and reset more than 2 times on your lifts (that should take around 6-9 months before switching program). I’m 5,6 months in and I didn’t reach 1/2/3/4 1RMs, but I started failing really a lot, and that’s why I think I should switch program, but since I might be biased I wanted to ask you guys. My current 5RM lifts are:

73 kg Bench (~ 85 kg 1RM)
120 kg Dlift (~ 140 kg 1RM)
100 Squat (~ 117 kg 1RM)
52 kg OHP (~ 61 kg 1RM
+26 kg Chinups (~ +43 kg 1RM)
+19 kg Dips (10 RM)

And i just failed bench at 74 kg and squat at 102,5 kg (not the first time i failed them. second or maybe third time). What do you thing I should do?

Btw I’m 5’11 and 76 kg.

I'm cutting, currently at 82kg, pic related was my lunch, units are grams, the circular diagram is the kcal distribution. I don't understand how I could possibly get over 200g of protein a day if I can't get more than 70 in a meal, and I eat until I'm full.

When you log your lifts on symmetric strength, do you put in all the lifts you do or just the ones you did that day?

Since i record my whole progress i usually log all my lifts, the most recent result.

Protein powder/shake
It's the best supplement to make up for protein while cutting.

I think 200 g are a bit too much. I'd take around 180 or 190 max.
Have more smaller meals, like 4-5 per day. If you eat like 50 g o proteins on the bigger meals (lunch and dinner) and a bit less on the smaller ones (20-30 g) you should be fine.

I got the 200g figure from pic, I usually only eat soup at dinner so breakfast and lunch are the only meals I'm getting considerable amounts of protein. I think I might have to consider what said and take a look at protein supplements.

I'm tall and my gym's ceiling is not very high. If i put a large plate on the bar when OHPing I smack into the ceiling.

I've been doing seated dumbell ohps instead. Is this reasonable?

You dont use your core as much when doing them seated but if it can't be helped it is reasonable.

diet, supplements and mainly the routine youd recommend for getting this body? he posts a lot of videos doing pull ups and thats it really

What else should I be taking with my EC stack?

To boost health and/or help the weight loss.

>Only chest exercises
>Don't eat
>Only baby weight forever
>Only touch a barbell if it's on a bench, everything else is cables and dumbbells for 2 hours
>Barely lift in general

Is there a weight one can weight were have lots of muscle and little bodyfat stops being healthy for the body? I know there's BMI, but I've heard that only really applies to fat.

If so what is it (at 5'9 if it helps)?

I'm 5'11''. My shoulders are 22'' wide and have a circumference of 50''. How big do they need to be for me to have a decent silhouette? My hips are 15'' wide, 42'' circumference (bubble butt even at lmao 3plt squat,) if that's relevant.

bf℅?

What should be looking for when purchasing a bench for weightlifting? I'm having trouble looking for one, most have this bar under the bench that holds the bench that worries me since my used bench doesn't have that at all.

~14%

What the fuck is up with your shoulders? It looks like you shrugged and then photoshopped out your traps.

You're 5'11 and 76kg. You're not eating enough.

I'm your height and when I was a beginner i stalled at exactly 76kg too. It's just too light a bodyweight to get higher numbers from.

kek

Look at the specs and get one that can take high poundages. If it's 250kg rated or something that means it will take a 100kg man benching 150kg without breaking.

Kek it might be the angle.

You're not going to reach that without gear. You can hit the bodyfat but you're not going to do that without starving yourself.

I've been lifting for about 6 months, and I've been thinking about switching from Starting Strength to the Texas Method. Should I still try to cash in on my noob gains or should I switch to the Texas Method? Also can you incorporate hypertrophy into the Texas Method and if so how? For reference my lifts are:
Squat: 3X5: 275
Bench: 3X5: 205
Deadlift: 3x5: 315
OHP: 140

I quit lifting 7 months ago after a year and half. Atm I dont have acces to a gym for the next 3 months. Back 2 weeks in. Only have a Bb, DB's and a bench. I made a decent routine that hits every bodypart well. A push/pull routine. But got 3 questions.
1. I dont know ant excercise that hits my lats well, I train them indirectly but at this rate in 3 months they will be lagging seriously. Also dont have any spot for pullups.
2. How long till I'm back at my former strength? I used to do 5x5 2plate bench, 5x5 2,5plate squat and 1x5 3plate dl. Now it's 1plate/1,2plate and 2plate. I'm still decently strong but it still sucks.
3. I dont have a squat rack so for safety reasons I replaced it with goblet squats and walking lunges. Will my legs start to lagg with only these excercises or do you know any other good complementary excercises?

best place to get weight plates? does it matter if they are use sand or not?

Meant 1X5 on deadlift and 3X5 on OHP

Rows for #1

what's your problem with that? It seems to be adjustable and you can do incline BP in it. So.. No reason to worry, I'd say.

I would suggest getting a half rack or a full-blown power rack if you have the place for it though. It's not that expensive

Those numbers are meaningless without your bodyweight.

I'm 180 lbs

your bench is way too low,

I do them, will that be enough? I try to focus activating my lats doing them, especially when doing DB rows.

>You're not going to reach that without gear.
Well I don't actually want to reach or surpass it, since it stops being healthy there. I'm also too much of a retard to know if gear means weights/machines or roiding it.

And any possible concrete number, given my height? 180/190/210/In between?

Yh you can definatly switch to texas method.

>tfw realized my bench has been slowly slumping over , now I can't properly place my bar back in the rack .

What can I do about this anons?What should I put under my bench so that it lifts it back up to the proper position without breaking ? I'll post a pic in a sec

Pic related

What is a good program to do after SL 5x5 if my main goal is powerlifting?
I can't do power cleans at my gym

Lads, I had a shitty week with bad diet and had to basically skip all training. My deadlift today sucked balls (I basically went from 132.5kgx6 to barely making 132.5kgx2). What's better -- deload or try the same weight next time? I think I'll be able to be more consistent with my diet now.

Some hip, glute and back stretches please?

Thanks in advance to any user that replis.

HOW DO IMPROVE MY DIDDLYLIFT?

I'm a newfag, been in the gym for 2 months or so and I've been stuck at 5x85kg deadlift for the past two deadlift days. I'm even able to squat more than it at this point.

>if you breathe out while pushing, your heart has a chance to lift with you

someone told me this while spotting me on bench, any truth to it?

Is it bad to work out every day when you are first starting? I'm on day four of bodyweight training/lifting ransom shit in my house going from a 142 lb skeleton to already having noob gains. I have been eating 4000 calories a day, and I feel like I have the energy to keep tearing shit up on day 5.

Should i kill myself?
>lift for 6 months
>lifts are pure shit
5x5 max:
bp: 67.5kg (77.5 max)
squat: 65kg (80 max)
barbell rows: 80kg
dl: 100 x1
ohp: 35kg 5x5
Just started doing squats, dl and ohp last month so thats why they are so shit.
Havent exercised at all before is started lifting..
according to fit i should be able to reach 1/2/3/4 with ease in 6 months.
THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR FOLLOWING A BROSPLIT AND NOT TRAINING LEGS.
im 196 cm tall if that means anything.. and i had a leg injury 5 years ago.

>your heart has a chance to lift with you
That doesn't even make any fucking sense. Stop listening to retards who spot you.

You should should fuck off retard. This thread is for questions, not help me feel better about myself.

I am 6'3 so that is why I was a skeleton btw. Bmi in 2nd percentile lol.

No. But you have a chance of losing tension and hurting yourself, not nearly as likely on bench as squats/diddly/press, but still not recommendable.

fuck you.. just fuck you... the 1/2/3/4 in 6 months meme only works for manlets.. FUCK YOU MANLET

Gear is steroids, YOU can't physically reach a point as a natty where you're so muscular and have so little body fat that your putting yourself in danger. You can't get fucking close to it. At best you can lift for a few years and then starve yourself to a point where you have a low body fat, but you're muscles will waste away along with everything else.

You're like some dude that just started running asking at what speed will his legs be in danger of snapping off.

Here is an answer to your stupid fucking question, 225 lbs body weight at 4% body fat is the exact point where it becomes unhealthy at your height, the exact scientific, doctor approved, FDA label warning point.

ok, I typically hold my breath on those lifts while doing the push/pull, and exhale at the top, does that matter?

Go find another board to act like a fucking retard on you millennial piece of shit.

awwww did i hurt the manlets feelings? :((

really all i use is a foam roller.
it can be applied to all the mentioned areas.
little story:
>used to have back pain after squat and deadlift
>start foam rolling back
>pain went away
its really good

That's fine, just keep doing that if it works. Holding your breath generally allows you to keep everything tight. Retards to making an exaggerated exhale on the second part of a lift are generally lifting baby weights.

So I used to lift heavy when I was in school

270lbs
DL 625 3rep
Parallel squat 525 5rep
Bench 270 inconsistent (problem)

Getting back into it I am seeing massive gains in legs and my form there is better than ever. If I could hit the bench like the squat I would be set. My problem is I cannot ever get that same feeling by benching. It is incredibly hard for me to build up my pecs.

Is there anything I can do? I have tried all different posture tips yet still I cannot consistently fire my upoer body. Cables, machines, etc all fail to hit anywhere inside of shoulders.

I am desperate as I am quickly becoming asymmetrical, though my bench is better now than it used to be (245 5rep and I weigh 220 now

If you're not good at benching, bench more.

With that attitude I would focus solely on bicep curls and calf raises

Ive read the sticky, how in the fuck do I consume 250 grams of protein a day. While keeping calories low

> (You)
>If you're not good at benching, bench more.
I will continue to bench. I was taught to pinch shoulder blades together, raise small of back slightly off bench, and use a narrow grip (I go wider now). Even so I only ever feel the bench in my shoulders/arms which are already much stronger than my pecs. Feels like my body naturally picks up the slack with my arms

Thanks

Protien shakes

chicken breast + whey

Also,

>posting gross fat cows

Why user why?

lol you made no gains on a brosplit? you fucked up in every kind of way senpai

bros, a tip?

>how in the fuck do I consume 250 grams of protein a day
You don't, those are roidhead dosages. Weight? BF%? Gender? Programme?

First day in the gym today. Finally joined after 2 years of holding off.
>Did chest press at 30 kg, Around 20xreps.
>Some leg exercises because I've got shins.
>Seated leg press
>Squat was harder than I thought so just did with the (20kg?) bar. Need to sort the balance out.
>Did some curls with the with a 12kg bar,
>No cardio.
It was a free day pass, no induction was given so had to play around with all the pros.
I've read the sticky but any tips for newbies?

To give a complete answer someone would have to see your training log.

Deloading by 10% would probably be your best bet.

>I've read the sticky but any tips for newbies?
Yeah, do what the sticky says.

Using a narrow grip puts more of the load on your triceps which would explain your chest woes. Going wider is the correct solution, just don't go so wide you become one of those retards with a 6 inch ROM.

How do you best care for you skin? Any good supplements to fight occasional adult acne?

Go see a fucking dermatologist retard. How the fuck do you expect someone to give you a solution to a problem that has so many factors involved?

Lately my right bicep has been sore after curls. It's slightly larger (45cm vs 43cm on the left) despite being weaker (able to get 8-9 reps in for every ten with my left.) Does the larger size imply more than transient inflammation?

>Does the larger size imply more than transient inflammation
Does it fucking go back to the same size if you stop curling like a retard?

I'm eating 2600-2700 kcal per day and my weight is going up fine (around 0.5 kg per week). I'm failing a lot tho.

I've been bulking for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS and have developed an unhealthy dependence on food.

I can't cut. I can't do it lol. I simply just can't bring myself to do it.

It's too slow. I want quick results and I don't want to get weaker.

What's better: Keto or PSMF?

How do I do them properly?

>never skipped a day at the gym
>ate 3600 kcal per day for 6 months
>still only 176 bench max rep
thats what i get for being 6'5 i guess..
atleast my barbell row is 176 5x5

I meant anything extra. Any best practices or anything.

Don't know never measured before i noticed this. Don't curls much: 3X12, twice a week + some reverse curls occasionally.

Are kettlebells just a meme?

PMSF is goat, keto is a meme for idiots that want an excuse to eat butter and heaploads of salt and bacon and will always be fatties

>Any best practices or anything.
Of course, you could write a book on various tips and tricks. But don't worry about the little stuff, just get started and ask once you come to a conundrum. Everything you need to know to get started is in the sticky. Read the occasional book and statistic if you want to be a nerd.

Stop curling for a week, see if they go back to the same size. Also are you right handed? Because if you're some how confused how your dominate hand/arm is bigger than the other, you should KYS.

This might sound really stupid. So far, after every workout, I've been doing a comprehensive stretch program. I get pretty into my stretches and go further and further every week. However, I've read that studies on muscle warm-up and repair from stretching are inconclusive at best, and negative at worst. Just with common sense, how does it make any sense to be laying flat with my biceps behind me stretched out to like 3 feet length when I've only got a 2 foot long arm? Wouldn't this sacrifice strength and tight, explosive power, or just make your muscles floppy in general lol?

>Wouldn't this sacrifice strength and tight, explosive power, or just make your muscles floppy in general lol?

Yeah dude, your muscles are like a rubber band. I've actually spent more of my life with my arms tightly pulled against my body to keep from using up all my chances to extend them before they wear out.

>This might sound really stupid.
It doesn't, but you do.

Ever since i got a gf i am way weaken than before
What can be the reason for this
Only thing that changed is that i cum twice a day pretty much everyday

Left handed - and it's not that the right is bigger, its that it is noticeably weaker and yet bigger. but yeah, probably should take a rest from curling before getting overly concerned.

You need to eat your semen after ejaculating, truly this can be the only reason why you're are getting weaker. I can completely validate this based on the literally zero information you gave. I mean honestly dude, I noticed I started getting weaker once and the only thing that changed is I started taking a different route to work. Went back to the old one and gains came right back.

Cheers m8.

Static stretches are detrimental before working out.

You do dynamic ones before and static ones after training. Not mandatory tough, doing your warmup sets is often enough of a stretch.

I am stalling with benching at 57,5 kg.
Deloaded several times and I keep stalling.

Any tips?

FOOD QUESTION

I buy 93/7 beef. I brown it, I drain it. I don't rinse it or blot it any of that shit. Package says 680 calories per 16 ounces. Since I drain the fat/water that comes out of it, shouldn't I expect the calories to be a lot less?

eat more
review form
eat more

FFS, you know that people need to know your stats, programme and nutrition to give an answer.

Not that much, some fat is still going to stay in the meat (unless you put it in a fucking centrifuge) and lean beef doesn't have that much fat anyways.

Doing lateral raises, front raises, and cable flies (pivoting by keeping my elbow at my hips) when should I stop increasing volume? I'm mainly doing this for prehab.

Same for leg curls, when should I stop increasing the volume?

Lifting beginner here.

I started lifting around 3-4 weeks ago and I'm having severe trouble with my squat. My knees are starting to hurt while doing the movement. It's a sharp kind of pain.

My current best is 3x5 reps of 60 kg / 132 pounds (including bar).

What should I do? Just push my ego aside and lower the weight to 50 kg or even lower?

oh shit i didn't even think about doing the math. even if it was 10 percent it would only be 68 calories. im an idiot. thanks breh

>FFS, you know that people need to know your stats, programme and nutrition to give an answer.

I eat a lot of carbs and I always eat around 80 grams a hour before I go lifting.

My program is like this:

AxAxAxx

Bench 3x5 (57,5 kg)
Barbell row 3x5 (42,5 kg)
OHP 3x5 (42,5 kg)
hammer curls 3x8 (12 kg)
Planks 3xF

didn't get an answer last thread.

I'm not getting enough protein from my food. I'm losing weight and my daily goal is 140g. I usually only get 80-90g through food and another 45g from powder.

How do I get more protein naturally? Any good snacks that won't send me over my macro limits?

no fat greek yogurt is your best shot for snacks i think

Can you guys show/link me a good example of a 4days/week workout program (PPL or UL or something like that). I'd like to know how many lifts should I have per day and how much weight should you add while progressing. Also when to add weight. Sorry if my question is stupid I've only known linear progression till now.

PPL is 6 days per week. A decent U/L is PHAT, google it.

Your programme is shit. You're not a special snowflake, google SS, SL, Greyskull LP or RP5X5.