twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Not squatting in your yeezys

yeah

fuck no
anyone who does is fucking autistic
the same applies to any specialized gym "gear"

i use them

just lifting weight is autistic enough. wearing some shoes doesn't matter

How much better are them than lifting on regular running shoes?

I've been lifting for 5 years, only just got some as they were on sale on amazon, never been able to justify the price before.

Got the adidas powerlift 3s (see pic) and I am shocked at the difference they make. Even though I've spent 5 years getting good at squatting bare foot, flexible enough to do it relatively comfortably, the shoes make it feel so fkin comfy. Literally nothing about the depth or flexibility requirements is an issue now, its just all about having the strength to get the weight up.

Honestly I do recommend them, to anyone no matter your strength level.
I mean you can just put plates under your heels, but having shoes just makes it feel great.

Also they are pretty.

putting plates under your heels is not the same since you have to shift the weight to your heels when you lift making it not so stable at heavy weights and potentially dangerous. with lifting shoes you can drive up through entire foot, plus your feet feel like they are encased in cement and don't move around at all

daily reminder that shoes make absolutely no difference to how much you can lift. anything marketed under "lifting shoes" or "squatting shoes" is a scam and a waste of money

Does it make it feel weird when you're in similar lifting scenarios in "real life"? Like, expecting you won't slide as much with other shoes?

comfy as fuck but it takes time to adjust od feet

of course. people who don't use lifting shoes are morons. it's the only lifting equipment you really need to own.

You're right about that.

I'll be honest I've never had to ATG squat anything in real life, other than drunken friends who ask me to, but I never can because I have jeans on.
I don't deadlift in my squat shoes so deadlifting anything irl feels no different.

You never do DL and squats on a same session? Otherwise you'd have to change your shoes right? Sounds annoying, if so.

I do wonder, why not DLing with squatting shoes? Hell why not doing all of your exercises with squat shoes (minus running, ofc).

I deadlift 270kg and squat 200kg. I can't really do them in the same session.

Also having a raised heel is a disadvantage when deadlifting as it slightly increases the total ROM and makes the leverages less ideal.

Excuse me, ROM?

I can never tell if half the replies in these threads are b8. And by half, I mean the half that says squat shoes are bullshit.

They have a raised heel which makes a huge difference when squatting or doing any of the Olympic lifts. They also have a rock hard sole.

If you squat high bar, they're definitley worth it. If you squat low bar, they'll still make a difference but theyre really designed for high bar and oly lifts

Range of motion, the distance the bar moves in total.
The heel adds half an inch or so to this distance, which in heavy deadlifting terms is a long way.

>he needs "lifting shoes" to stand still

When the fuck do you have to squat anything in real life regardless.

What the fuck

When you're out in the wilderness and a storm blows a tree down onto your back, your family inches from being crushed, the only solution being you squatting the tree up high enough for them to clamber to safety. of course.

take a shit

I just take my shoes off when I deadlift. I wear my powerlift 3's to the gym every session.

Shit, I'd be scared of a weight falling on my itty bitty toesy woesy

This desu. I'm freshest nigga in the gym, and it brings me premium boipussy every day.

You don't have to change your shoes, you just take them off.

How the fuck would the plates on the end of a barbell fall on your toes while deadlifting. Do you take a fucking 6 foot wide stance. Do you think that thin layer of rubber/cloth is going to stop anything from crushing your foot?

How much you cop these for? I see these occasionally for like 80-90

I paid like 65 dollars for them in like 9 1/2 or something. Prices get retarded depending on size and color.

What about loading or unloading the bar? To me it's the hardest part of deadlifting. Taking the first plate off the bar is easy. The second one, however...

Buy them online? I'm 9.5 as well. Id scoop those up right now if they're still that price.

Am I the only one who cares only about the functionality of gym accessories? It seems some guys are trying to flash of their stuff. I just pop in a pair of cheap shorts and a random comfortable t-shirt.

Put your shoes back on retard. I said take them off to dead lift, not take them off and prance around the gym like a retard so you can nail your foot on equipment.

>fireman carry = weighted squat

Fucking retarded Jesus christ.

do you clean and jerk him up on your back?

Yeah, got them off Amazon back in April. Generally great shoes because the heel is minimal enough that it's not obnoxious and you they're flat and hard.

Yeah those guys are fucking peacocks, every gym has useless DYELs in the latest Underarmor gear and Beats™ headphones doing fuck all exercises like a retard with only dumbbells and cables.

WELL, to be fair, at least in my gym, those "peacocks" are usually much fitter than the average.

i sweat like shit so my shirt looks like i've fallen in water after first heavy set.

underarmour shit with anti sweat tech is pretty sweet for me so i use it

What exercise would resemble a fireman carry the most? I picked that example because it's the first one that came to my mind, but yeah might be too dissimilar to squats.

Huh, what "real-life" movement do squats try to imitate then?

Obviously

>Lifting in running shoes
>ever

It's like you never learned the first rule of lifting weights.

I'd hope they'd be fitter than the average person, they're at least doing something. But getting fit despite your training is not the same as getting fit because of your training.

>Huh, what "real-life" movement do squats try to imitate then?
None. I remember when this ROTC guy at my uni gym was ridiculing oly shoes because "what are you gonna do when you have to squat something in real life? Go 'hold on, gotta put on my shoes'"

I told my gf about this and we both laughed. No wonder hes going into the military, the fucking idiot.

How does it work? Is it just more transpirable? how does it compare to a soccer shirt or those armpit-opened shirts?

depending on shoes it's fine until you hit decent weights. bought wl shoes at 3pl8 squat because at that weight my sneaker sole would become unstable and squish like crazy

it's never fine. it's actually less fine with light weights. if you have sufficiently heavy weights then the soles are compressed so much that they almost become solid. with light weights it's like standing on a bed.

anyway, just don't lift in running shoes, ever. even barefoot is better.

You're just assuming their training is bad. I dunno, there shouldn't be a correlation between using flashy accessories and having a poor routine.

How about squatting, putting a heavy bag of whatever on your bag and then standing up to transport it? Wouldn't that be a squat?

My gym is filled with autists that wear regular sneakers, but when they go on to squat or deadlift their babbyweight they put their shoes off and lift in socks. That looks so cringey, especially if those twink boys spot each other.

If you can lift it onto your back then I'd say it's safe to assume you can also squat it.

I think im being trolled.

>he needs squatting shoes
>he doesn't understand you need a correct sole, not a shoe

You had to justify your opinion with another person in hopes they would agree with you? That's kinda sad.

To be fair, my "general purpose gym shoes" have a rather thin and less easily deformable sole than your usual running shoes.

>all this projection

Its called telling someone a funny story, autist

Yeah if the person lies on a rack so you don't have to lift them from the ground.

moisture wicking

youtube.com/watch?v=zx_HQpnP2gg

Then that movement is a "real life" squat. That's what I'm trying to find out, if "real life" has situations where you make the same movements you'd do in a squat.

Not all the movements are a squat. I mean the part when the guy (or whatever) is in your back and then you stand up.

I'm sorry, my shoes don't come with interchangeable soles.

And take a guess what style of shoes comes with the correct sole.

fucking dyel's i swear

Of course you won't but it makes it easier and more comfortable to lift in proper form.

so many people knocking them in this thread
you have no idea just how much you don't even lift

if there's anything as remotely good as wl shoes it's knee sleeves

are squatting shoes for high bar or low bar?

yep, rehbands are a lifesaver for sure, knees always feel great

everything

What are those blue ones

they are for both, but with low bar you typically don't want the ones with very high heels (like you would want for oly lifting in particular). you do want an elevated heel, though.

How are Chuck Taylors? Are they actually good, or would I just be getting memed by buying them?

memed unless your stance is very wide. it's actually better to use a foam or soft bottom that has a raised heel than those flat but firm shoes.

They're fine if your feet have a good arch and your ankles aren't fucked. If they are, your knees will take more of a beating because of it.

dont listen to he's trolling. they are fine

Confirmed can't lift heavy

rekt

they're the asics 727s, size 28cm which just fits me and is the largest size they make without making them custom

chuck's are basically like lifting barefoot. they're better than running shoes, but they don't have the advantages of lifting shoes. let me repeat: chuck's are not an alternative to lifting shoes. they are a different shoe, used by people who squat very wide where having an elevated heel is a disadvantage. they're also used for deadlifting.

Yeah I am, the same way I correlate a black person dressed like a fucking nigger approaching me rapidly on a dark street late at night with danger. Sure, there are exceptions, but they aren't the rule.

It's almost like squat shoes actually come with that.

Do you want to tell us next that it's not a lifting belt that matters, it's the width of the belt?

Yes but i bought them for oly lifting, now that i quit it, i'm still using them as squat shoes. Tbh would buy the cheaper option shoes. But you dont really need them if you're a begginer

Why did you quit oly lifting?

>cheaper option shoes

such as?

They are good. I squat like 60 pounds more in my $50 chucks than my $200 romaleos 2.

my knee makes a loud popping sound when i squat down..
will using knee wraps fix this?

no
is it painful when it pop? if not then what are you fixing?

i can feel something. not painful though.
the sound is just pretty loud and im in a small gym

>he wears shoes
>he doesnt pick a sole and duct-tape one to each foot before his set

Daily reminder that anyone with half a brain doesn't use lifting shoes in hopes of some magic strength boost.

>dat hugely built-up heel
More like 'cheater' shoes, for guys who have shitty flexibility, to give the illiusion that they can go all the way down.

>putting shoes on your bed
i take it you also use ebt and don't wipe after shitting?

>Every Olympic weightlifter is a cheater

>Deadlifting and squatting on the same day
I don't think so buddy. They're both tiring as fuck at heavier weight.

brand new mate ;)

I squat barefoot at my home gym, feels great but is there something I should watch out for since I see everyone here sperging about shoes?

I have long femurs so squat shoes are mandatory

Try doing O lifts with flat shoes faggot

Yeah I got the red and gold ones but I feel like shit wearing them. My squat is sub 275 but my form is impeccable get my ass 2in away from kissing the floor.

I usually just save up money and dont really buy anything. The past 3 financial aid checks I've only used a 40% of them. Just bought them because I dont see myself doing anything else but working out. I dont play vidya, got a decent guitar with a great amp, decent clothes (ill buy more clothes next check). So yeah I use them, but feel bad, but look good though.

Did you really rename some shitty image you found, more than likely on Veeky Forums, just so you could shitpost easier? What a fucking moron.

Post SymS score, post form video, post stats.
Nice b8.

>pic related
>you