What motivates you both to go to the gym and to continue through life in general?

What motivates you both to go to the gym and to continue through life in general?

Beautiful weather/scenery

Pussy

Memories with friends

The hope that some day I'll be happy again

Sometimes I give up on this dream

I enjoy lifting and getting close to a nice body makes me happy

moreover I cant stop lifting, I would feel bad

Yeah. This. I can't not workout now.

>Fear of death
>Endorphins
In that order

The thought that life will win if I dont

Nothing.
Stopped going to the gym two months ago now after doing well for a year and a half.
Started to fall apart after personal things happened, only 23, still living with parents, working in a full time trade, keep giving myself the excuse that i've already worked a long enough day outside, and I'm too tired to go to the gym. (I know it's bullshit). I came back here to try and get my motivation back, start getting my diet in order again, stop making excuses, stop smoking weed and cigarettes, stop drinking, stop doing stupid shit. I have no social life, I don't want it, I want to be fucking strong. I just have no reason to keep going. I haven't had a woman in my life in 2 years, but I feel nothing about it now. That was one of my main motivators to get me started. All the pain is gone now, along with the anger. Now I'm just a sad loner trying to get back on track.

I feel like my body is the only thing I have control over, and when everything else is sketchy and uncertain as shit, it's one of the few genuine comforts I have. Might as well make the most of it.

i WISH i had this perspective from an early age

>What motivates you to go to the gym
to escape my shitty life and depression. when i lift if forget about all the problems

>and to continue through life in general?
what makes me keep going is the next workout where i'm able to feel normal again, even if only for those 3 hours

why did you post this here

To the gym : i want to look like a badass motherfucker
To continue life : hope, that the future will be better

Because I can't talk to anyone else about it, did my writing take up too much space for you, sweetheart?

Me too... learned it when I was 25

I have a lot of energy and I don't cope with boredom well. I need hobbies and I need them to involve exercise. Otherwise I start fucking up.

I don't give up on life because there's no such thing. Except for suicide. If "giving up on life" means not trying to have a good one anymore, then that's not giving up on life. That's just choosing to have a bad one.

Gymwise, one could say probably vanity, people obviously respect you more when you are good looking. Plus it's a lot of fun, lifting heavy shit and looking good feels nice.

About life, well, I just enjoy life. I've been through some tough shit, but there are enough things to experience that I don't want to leave yet, even though if I will kick the bucket some day, it will likely by from my own hand.

And if I could give any of the anons out there a tip - people who say that "they would love to be kids forever" or those who miss their childhood so much that they can't focus on adulthood, are the worst people you can have in your life. It's a abbreviation of "I will never take any responsibilty". I can't possibly imagine how you could be so narrow-minded that you couldn't enjoy the pleasures that being an adult brings.

when will they learn?

shit, wrong thread

>What motivates you both to go to the gym
It's fun, it feels good, and it gets me out of the house. All I really care about is getting a body that I'm proud of and being strong. Basically I can't stop now. I also just find the gym very comfy and I enjoy being there. There's something I really enjoy about going to a public place and being around people you know, but not having to interact with them directly - and that's exactly what the gym offers.

>and to continue through life in general?

I don't know.. I guess because I feel like the best of my life is still to come. Over the last couple years I've started to distance myself from my friends more and just been more of a loner. I feel melancholy and just slightly dissatisfied and anxious more often. But that hasn't stopped me from wanting to continue life.

I want to enjoy being in my body for as long as possible. I know I'll be nothing but dust one day but while I'm alive I might aswell make the most of it.

It is never the wrong thread, friend.

how is it evn possible to get rekt tis hard

Inevitable race war

testosterone to spend

want to achieve measurable strength and competing with friends

acknowledging that passion - even as dull as lifting - is something uplifting your general quality of life

general health benefits gained from well-planned training and eating

also this

The glory of God

Body Dysmorphia

Maybe i'll get a gf one day.

well it's mostly because I don't have any talents and/or unique abilities but I believe you can get whatever you desire if you work hard enough. So I work, I try, I fail, I try again. In gym and life in general. I have certain goals and means to achieve them, so that's what I am doing. My only fear is that one day I'll fulfill my goals and that I won't even be happy at all.

Why do I lift? To crush my enemies. To see them driven before me. To hear the lamentations of their women.

Deus vult

nice triple doubles

>lifting
I pay for my gym membership a few months at a time. If at any point I stop, it will be a waste.
>life
Same as the gym. I've already cost my family the time and money it took to raise me; it would be a waste to stop before I'm really done.

Don't give up dude, come to Catalonia AND help me build a new direct democracy republic

Segueix somiant, i torna a /pol/ :^)

>What motivates you both to go to the gym and to continue through life in general?

>What motivates you
>continue through life in general?

I lift and live for women. Yeah I said it, we all know everybody lifts for women, if you say "hurrr I lift fo myself durrr" you are a liar and should be punished by cockslap on the forehead

just look at those two whores, damn

virgin at 22 - hoping to attract this librarian girl and fall in love. she reads and I read and we would look good together. it's been 5 months of lifting weights. still need to get a better job.

> everybody lifts for women
No and you should know, faggot.

I simply enjoy lifting hard, making progress, getting big.

I hate my life but I also hate giving up

I lift for other dudes though

WHO IS HER

I don't know you but you sound just like me

deus vult

... i'm also narcissistic as hell

I see myself being a sick cunt at some point, and whenever I even think about skipping a day, I remember that it's one day longer it'll delay me being a sick cunt. Until my physical body matches my mental body, I can't quit.

Also for grills.

right there with you buddy. we're young at least so we've got time for self-improvement which is comforting to me

The dream of making my delusions of grandeur into an honest self assessment

>a sick cunt
can someone please translate from colony prison lingo to English?

I am in a constant race with the person I could become and the person I am now

A righteous dude, bro.

>motivates you to go to the gym
1) I was blessed with good genetics and felt it would be a waste to not keep up a good physique.

2) Life in general gets easier when you look better.

3) It's fun to clear the mind for an hour or two to do a semi-mindless activity like lifting. Great stress relief.

>motivates you to continue through life in general
I'm afraid of dying

Stopping means life broke me.

I lose if I stop, and I already lose enough.

Hatred

never give up the fight soldier

I lift for men, pls punish me with a cockslap on the forehead

Come to think of it.. nothing.

Think I'll just kill myself soon. I really don't care anymore.

The hope that is gets better one day

>being this petty

this to be honest

>being this SHORT

Bravo, im with you mate

i kinda just sit in my room waiting to neck myself when my parents are both passed. dateless kissless hugless yada yada virgin, idk i laugh at the irony of things cause i dont look too bad either but i like to be nocturnal and find places to chill in the middle of the night cause noone is out

shitty petty revenge at my ex despite being guilty of nothing but not loving me while lying to myself about the end goal of becoming the perfect male in hopes of eventually getting her back

and

to get better at judo

I've seen almost everyone I know like friends, acquaintances have lost control of themselves. Former chads and stacys I know and envied in school now became either obese, balding, divorced single parents, addicts, rolling deep in debt and losing their home.

I vow to get my shit together, to never to lost control like them, starting with my own body that will be always be with me.

that is based af

Don't listen to him man
We're all gonna make it

Good luck

Too much of a pussy to end it.

By no means is my life bad but somehow I just find life mediocre.
I enjoyed life more when I was depressed, living seems dull now.

fucking this feeling right here

who /eternal fucking apathy/ here

everything is so dull

This is actually kind of related I'm 6'2" I'm decided to take advantage of my genetics to piss off my manlet friends.

The look on people's faces when I lift very heavy at the gym and lust I exploit from women when they see my naturally strong muscles. I am a sexual God.

It not motivation that makes me do these things son. Its discipline.

To achieve physical perfection.

I lift for my sport, without my sport Id want to kill myself

>while lying to myself about the end goal of becoming the perfect male in hopes of eventually getting her back

This is what's keeping me walking through the gym entrance as well and making progress in life in general.

Sometimes I wonder if she is even worth all the effort, but pretending that everything is going to be alright is easier than moving on.

Jokes on you, I lift to make the suicidal thoughts go away.

Nothing motivates me
I dont even go to a gym
I just want to not die and keep living my stupid and boring life waiting for something to happen

The hope that the bar might slip one day and i will die without the shame of my family knowing it was suicide. Also club sluts.

memes

Being tall doesn't cure autism, user.

Pure spite.

I lift for myself because I want to fuck myself