I'm never buying a coin based on memes, or based on good technology, ever again...

I'm never buying a coin based on memes, or based on good technology, ever again. All that matters is short term perceived market value, and that is hardly affected by a coins actual characteristics.

It seems a lot more profitable to just surf P&D shitcoins.

ChainLink is a P&D shitcoin, dumbass.

"Decentralize oracles", oracles are supposed to be trusted, then doesnt matter if decentralized or not.

Exactly. If you realise a coin is a shitty pnd and you early buyer go eyes closed. Everyone will shill it then you can sell an easy x3 or x5. Just look at metaverse. Didn't want to buy this scam and bought some shitty airswap and req tokens because big background. Here is the result.

There are very few coins IMO that are of any real value. There are the obvious ones that do (BTC) and some other ones which we can agree or disagree on. The rest are bullshit. Make your money and get out like anons have said.

Unless a token is revolutionizing block chain tech by creating a platform, it's shit.

>It seems a lot more profitable to just surf P&D shitcoins.
Yeah, like that Request thing that was the shill-du-jour on here the last couple of days? And is literally below ICO as we speak?

Invest in real projects, and you'll sleep better.

>"Decentralize oracles", oracles are supposed to be trusted, then doesnt matter if decentralized or not.
Literally the sound of ignorance.

>trusted

One of the largest exchanges on the Ethereum network if not the largest is a trustless exchange.

Hmmmmm

Oh so centralised is better? I guess that's it for crypto then. Who needs blockchains when centralised solutions are better...

just to make you feel better if the paper gold market collapsed today 1 btc would be worth over $400,000usd

Is there any crypto discussion board on the internet where people will not irrationally shill and defent their coin.

"dev team" aside, everybody gotta admit that e.g. LINK depends on other applucation and thus can't see any use before 2019 or 2020.

Last week it was COSS. I liked the hot chicks.

Now suddenly people shill Metaverse, a project with is 80% bitcoin coinbase and hasn't even implemented the fundamentals like smart contracts. It's merely an idea.

People literally just buy what's talked about the most.

The Veeky Forums cycle seems to be this: you come here, "inform yourself", buy a coin and then when the next wave of user come (together with the weak hands who jump around), then the latter will hype some shitcoin and the later will hate on it.
I don't exlude myself from this.

But the consequence is that you get tured of the threads in the second cycle, when you don't want or can't buy the next coin of the week. And since most coins are nothing than an idea being speculated on, you get bitter and make metathreads like this

But I know that there are some thinking people in this sphere too, and some trader on websited, and youtubes, and people who talk about two sides of a coin.

Is there a place for discussion for such?

>Unless a token is revolutionizing block chain tech by creating a decentralized, trustless network, it's shit.
ftfy

PROBLEM SOLVED

If Link falls to ICO price I'll consider buying it

What was ico price I bought at 17 cents and I think I'm going to sell tomorrow desu and just ride pnds

>this happened to ETH so it's bound to happen to the shitcoin I'm holding
said user for the 12th time this year

15 cents

It was 10 cents.

9 cents presale

11 cents crowdsale

Sigh eth is a platform that allows applications to run on it. Link is an application that offers a service. This are not even remotely the same. Eth is much much larger than link.

2250 sats presale
2700 sats ICO

Confirmed for not knowing what LINK is or does.

ETH: smart contracts within crypto
LINK: smart contracts for mainstream

LINK has the potential to be many orders of magnitude larger than ETH could ever be.
(although there's a bit of a paradox, as LINK uses ETH as its base, so LINK's growth will generate ETH growth to a certain degree)

that tongue looks smelly.

Nigger, I don't pay the Jews in Satoshis so I don't get thrown in federal prison to get raped.

Well sats have become very different now with Bitcoin's rollercoaster moves.

>panicselling
Lol, get rekt by whales, fags.

Well user, patience is the key here. Obviously one can think about rebuying at a later price but it can be risky as well, while just holding will make you money in the long run. The key is patience here.

I made money off so many projects by just holding them 3-6 months and weathering through every storm. When it is not your average generic shitcoin, chance are they will increase at some point. If not, well tough luck, move on, search other investments and don't be emotional about your loss. Other opportunities will come. Just invest into solid projects, and this certainly is one to invest, compared to ALL other shitcoins in existence.

>LINK has the potential to be many orders of magnitude larger than ETH could ever be.
yet it needed eth to exist in the first place roflmao!
deluded linkies!

>yet it needed eth to exist in the first place roflmao!
... and?

>All that matters is short term perceived market value
Tbh you're right

That is the most retarded comeback I've ever seen a brainlet produce.

>X is worthless because it required Y

????

What would LINK do in the case of an Ethereum hardfork?

No.

You first need to get lucky and find a coin that is actually going to pump, and then you have to time that pump right.
Odds are stacked greatly against you.

If you find a genuinely promising coin on the other hand, chances of success are infinitely greater.

>find a coin that is actually going to pump
based on perceived market value

The catalog right now is filled with people losing money on coins with high perceived market value.

Basically you're right, ETH came first. But it's kinda like how comparing electricity and electronic goods. Electricity in its raw form is not useful. but electronic goods are what will make it mainstream. This is what chainlink does. They are not mutually exclusive to each other in fact they are mutually beneficial.

Or you just wait and don't risk anything by investing into something you KNOW will pump at a certain time in the future. More patience = less risk.

Are you serious? Considering pretty much every single Ethereum hardfork minus the DAO incident is planned and prepared for accordingly, migrate with the hardfork?

What are you fucking retarded?

That's what I'm saying.

>being this buttblasted
I was just asking because I wanted to gauge how reliant and dependant Chainlink is on the efficiency/popularity of the Ethereum protocol.

Arguably the end goal would be just like OMG leveraging the Plasma development on Ethereum to form their own LINK blockchain.

No I understand it I just don't believe link it self is as big as eth.

Thanks for the advice.

Absolutely, but who ever brings smarter smart contracts will be bigger then ETH.

>I just don't believe link it self is as big as eth
>is

Well not right now, lol.

But if they do become the one to bring smart contracts to mainstream transactions (and it's looking very good for many reasons), they will become MUCH bigger than ETH (forgetting about the paradox for a second).

Well it's not here.
Just like the 4x market, the cryptosphere has become a cesspool of money hungry subhumans from all corners of the earth.

I thought 2014 was bad, but this shit is even worse with no signs of improving.

As for biz, it's fucking cancer. Smart people and techies probably left a long time ago. What's left if the bottom of the barrel pajeets thinking they're ahead of the information curve since they're on Veeky Forums. Truth is this one of the last places where news gets discussed and distributed.

GOD all of these pathetic FUD posts.... can't you see the potential?? This is a a long term hold. Ignore the temporary manipulation. If you want steady gains, get in

>steady gains
You've convinced me. The gains are as steady as a rock.

>tfw i clicked on market sell on binance and it said success but nothing happened and i still have my links

i guess im destined to hold these...