Ham Planet here, I'm really trying to lose weight, but my willpower is just too weak...

Ham Planet here, I'm really trying to lose weight, but my willpower is just too weak. My motivation dissappears every day, are there any of you who had a similar struggle, and overcame it, how'd you guys stay on track, how long until it became easier I need to know if I'll ever overcome this.

Pic unrelated

>willpower is just too weak
Stop being a lazy piece of shit

Just kys.
You are a weak beta bitch who will never make it.

The easiest path to willpower is to lose something you really love, breaking you completely as a person. Imagine what the hard path is like.

Stay hamplanet. Men don't care anyway. A hole is a hole.

*tips Naruto DVD collection*

Honestly thank you to everyone in this post, I need people to tell me the truth.

*tips only reason keep trying is to never again go as low as you once went*

What the fuck? Yeah OP kill your family and dog, that will make you go to the gym.

Just fast for an extended period of time. You'll fuck up your appetite and not want to eat anything.

Also be sure to berate yourself in the mirror as soon as you wake up every morning and right before bed.

Those two things took me from chubby to Skeleton. Hell I still have trouble eating. It works wonders

I had the same problem for years then I started working out but couldnt control myself with what I ate. Eventually I started measuring what I ate in terms of how long I would have to do cardio to work it off. once I really made the association with all my foods it helped and really after 2 weeeks of holding a diet it becomes routine and much easier.

Your life is ticking away. Get some progress going and it will motivate you to keep pushing forward.

>Motivation disappears every day

You don't need motivation, you need discipline. Motivation might get you started but discipline will keep you there.

>When does it get easier?

It doesn't. When your routine gets easier you'll want/have to go harder.

Nobody is going to hold your hand. We are busy doing our own shit. If you want sympathy go to fucking leddit and discuss your problems there. You might feel better about yourself but you'll not achieve anything.

wow some really 3dgy 4me responses here, constructive stuff.
OP if you have poor willpower you have to find ways around it, it's much easier to have self control in the grocery store than at home so it starts with only buying things that you're not going to binge on. This means cutting out basically all junk food, if you have to have something sweet I like dark chocolate chips in oatmeal with some honey.
At the end of the day you're gonna have to control yourself, I think the key to it is to not give up, if you start sliding back into old habits you just have to get back on the horse and keep going.

Relying on motivation is shit and overrated, because it comes and goes all the time. You can be just as if not more motivated to down 3 pizzas as you can be to rock the gym. What you need is discipline, the will to do what's best for you no matter what, day in day out, rather than what's easy or pleasurable.

Most people don't have the strength of character to decide on something and stick to it for the year or so it takes to see real results at the gym though so here's 2 things to try out.

If you find yourself skipping gym days, then get all your kit put away in the mornings and after work or whatever don't go home. Go straight there, avoiding your home altogether. Get in the gym, in the changing rooms and if at this point your still not feeling it, you're allowed to leave (faggot). Keep that in your mind and stick to it: You're not allowed to decide whether you're going to work out today or not until you're actually in the gym.

What I did when I first started dieting was meal prep. I made up what I was going to eat for a day either the day before/beginning of the week. I made 3 meals, breakfast lunch dinner, calories counted and all that bs and that was all I was allowed to have for that day. Easy to stick to a diet when you know you have set meals. Eat filling foods that will satiate you longer - prioritize protein/fats, high carbs will keep you feeling hungry because your body will want to replenish your (pretty small) stores of glycogen the minute you run out. You might feel starving at first because your body won't be used to it but it's worth it in the end.

Blah blah kill yourself blah blah.

Here's the truth m8. Motivation is actually whats killing you. Have that drive to go to the gym for a week or two and then suddenly stop?

Yeah. That's cause you are relying solely on that motivation to get you to the gym. You need to build habits and routines. Going to the gym and eating right should be as habitual as brushing your teeth in the morning.

How the shit do you lose weight when you live with hopeless amerifat parents? Been trying to get a job for months, no one wants me. Anyone in/has been in a similar situation? /adv/?

Used to be. If parents don't want to help /buy better food then you need to just eat smaller portions of the shit food they give you until you can leave

FIND AN IDOL
>ZYZZ

Make slow but steady lifestyle changes.

I used to be overweight when I was a kid, probably between 9 and 14.

I basically starved myself during the day, and then go to the gym at night and do some treadmill and the pleb-machines.

That got me skinny, then I started to research on how to get in shape and what to eat.

The thing that keeps me away from most bullshit, and especially fast food, is really being informed about nutrition.

Research about Monsanto, GMOs, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, etc.

Once you are informed, it makes it impossible to eat or drink any of that crap.

I haven't eaten fast food, aside from the occasional In-n-Out or Chipotle, in about 10 years.

exact same thing happened to me

Go into shops/stores that are hiring and ask to speak to a manager.

Most places are going to hire someone who physically comes in rather than someone who puts in a resume online.

Also be sure to follow-up on a resume. Go into the store and ask the manager/owner if they had a chance to look over your resume and that you were just following up on it.

This will also force you to learn how to cook.

Organic grassfed beef is 7.99/lb, which is easily enough for atleast 2 meals.

You will eat higher quality food prepared at home compared to the more expensive shit-tier food you would buy at McDonalds.

The other posters are spot on - motivation is a flash in the pan. It'll stick with you for a week if you're lucky. Instead, focus on making your weightloss practices a habit. Each individual act - be it going to the gym or eating right - takes about 2 months to make into a habit. After that point, it'll become something that you do everyday rather than something you have to force yourself to do everyday.

>Know why you are doing it

If it's to fit into old clothes, if it's to get laid, that's okay. But you need a reason that resonates with you. Something you can remind yourself about any time motivation

>Small, manageable changes

Rome wasn't built in a day. Willpower is a muscle, and you need to build it. Habit is key. Identify what habits you have that make you fat, and work on eliminating them, one by one) Start doing things a little differently, gradually, or you will give up.

Pick one:
1. Cut out soda

2. Cutting out junk food (don't keep any in your house!!)

3. Cooking your meals + counting calories

4. Light exercise (a brisk 30 minute walk every day is an improvement)

Once you are completely comfortable and used to it, pick another.

That is terrible advice. Fuck off.

It never gets easier. Stop being a pussy. We all have to make effort every day.

Ex-hamplanet here
I was in the same situation for years, in a massive catch 22
>lack of fitness = depression
>depression = lack of motivation
>lack of motivation = lack of fitness
>repeat x infinite

The only way I finally managed to get motivated was when I got DVT from sitting at my desk playing video games for 2 weeks straight after losing my job, then the clot dislodged, broke up and moved to my lungs and I legitimately almost died, was in hospital for almost a month, could barely breathe, couldn't even lay down to sleep.

That was enough motivation to finally kick me in the ass. But I'd really recommend you get your shit together before it gets to that point. Hospital is no fun.

Go to any bar or restaurant and tell them that you are looking for a job. Tell them you can work any hours any shifts and that you are willing to clean toilets wash dishes all day if that is what it takes. Always show up on time and always offer to cover for other people and take extra shifts. Never complain and don't be an asshole. Eventually you can work your way into other jobs at the restaurant or use the contacts you gain to find something else. The most important thing is simply STOP BEING A BITCH and DO SOMETHING.

You forgot the firm handshake grandpa.

> how'd you guys stay on track, how long until it became easier

there is no easy answer to this. read the fucking sticky. change your diet to make it easier on your body, set attainable goals and move those goals in increments further out (more difficult targtes) as you progress, be honest and objective in your self assessment, and recognize there will be times you fail, but the long term picture is what's most important. you have to want it enough, and once you get the ball rolling you have to keep moving forward. discipline is key, but it's something you have to build up just as much as anything else.

ahh yes i am awoken
i already lift and workout but this pumps me up to do more sets

Find healthy food and exercise you actually like, don't have shitty unhealthy food in the house, don't totally lose hope if you have a cheat day every now and then, just get back at it the next day, maybe try out some things like intermittent fasting.

Maybe most usefully, set yourself small and achievable shorter term goals, eg, buy a dress you completely adore but make sure it's 2 dress sizes too small for you. When you get there, buy another one which is 2 dress sizes smaller than that, repeat until waist appears.

Getting started is the hardest bit, after a month or two you'll start noticing the difference and it'll get easier, after a few months other people will start noticing and it'll get easier again.

Do you also need motivation to brush your teeth? Or to put on a seat belt?

These things should all just be habits.

If you actually need to be motivated to exercise or eat well then I have good news: you'll probably make great gains on all the tit-milk you still drink you fucking infant.

find ways to improve

biggest easiest step is cutting out all drinks that aren't water

then remove more processed foods, desserts etc

I've gotten jobs this way, unlike you faggot.

This still applies, if you have a limp-wrist faggot shake, then you're not getting hired.

Opposite does it for me, I want to lose 12kgs and just touching my bones and feeling myself get and look thinner encourages me to keep going