Anyone manage to make gains while regularly taking adderall?

Anyone manage to make gains while regularly taking adderall?

I can't eat on this shit. Well, I can,by forcing food down, but it seems like no matter what, I never hit my macros. Even if I do, the next day I'll be super not-hungry and THEN not hit my macros. Plus it seems like it distends my belly and the more I eat, the more uncomfortable my midsection gets.

Do I just need to force moar food down and then this effect magically reverses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2wNS_aRxTqs
lmgtfy.com/?q=is adderall addictive
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCu5ZcZnoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1000 calorie shakes over how ever long of a period you want. Problem solved

linear progression with calories. your stomach and body will get used to it.

I managed to bulk on addie, so it's not impossible.

Any tipz?

Just be really depressed and eat a lot of fast food.
But for real I just found calorie-dense foods that were easy for me to get down and stuck with them.

I never got this meme. When I was on it I still are the same amount as always, and was able to make even better gains. Eating is an means to an end, if you don't fetishize food like most people do it's easier to be objective with. I had no negatives when I was on it.

1/2 heavy cream 1/2 nesquik

Thank me later

>even better gains
I don't understand this

Are you saying you literally were able to consume & utilize MORE calories than if you weren't taking amphetamines?
>inb4 stimulants are not only the secret to cutting, but bulking as well

get off the speed friend. It doesn't make you better, it makes you sped up, annoying, irritable annoying and distractible. If you get healthy (eat right, drink moderately, lay off the other drugs and exercise) then you'll be able to focus and work longer hours than taking an amphetamine. Admit it, you just take it to get high.

This dude is right. People FEEL like they are kicking ass and getting shit done. The reality is you're just high af.

Just put effort into what ever you are doing and the results will be a lot better.

Shh, ADHD sucks. You don't know what you're talking about.
And I just force food down with water, and your diet will go back to somewhat normal after a while due to tolerance (never fully, though.)

take your pill early so you can eat a big dinner. also a cup of PB has 1500 calories just drop that in a shake with a cup of milk and a half cup of ice cream and you're gucci

still in the denial phase of your addiction? yes it is hard to pay attention to things that suck or that you aren't interested in. That means you're human, not a diagnosed victim. I bet you don't have trouble focusing on things that are interesting or entertaining to you. It's not that you can't focus, it's that you lack the disciple to focus on the mundane (probably because you don't have clearly defined goals as to why you are putting youself through the mundane).

Trust me bro, I've tried Adderall to increase productivity, and I'm a lot better at producing when I'm healthy.

>why am I not able to eat while literally being on speed every day????

>a cup of PB
>with 1c milk and 0.5c ice cream
Jesus Christ man, that ratio

not him but
> I bet you don't have trouble focusing on things that are interesting or entertaining to you

But i do. And thats why its so frustrating. Even more when you got your shit beaten off so much while a child because "that kid just lacks some discipline" which only managed somehow to make it worse.

You know, i dont even know why i'm trying to justify this stuff online on this board, even more because you seem deadset that ADHD doesn't exist. Well it does, its just way overdiagnosed. Doesn't mean it isn't real. Fucking hell i keep writing even though i shouldn't because you just wont ever believe me or any other ADHD affected person when they try to explain it.

Yeah. I like it 'cause it significantly curbs my craving for junk food and then I can just have a couple shakes and snacks thru out the day and by night time it's worn off enough that I can make a big dinner and easily get in 3k calories for the day.

annnnd now you're crying about your childhood. A lot of growing up to do here

Not the guy you're responding to, but:
>yes it is hard to pay attention to things that suck or that you aren't interested in. I bet you don't have trouble focusing on things that are interesting or entertaining to you.
With ADHD it's hard to pay attention to literally anything, whether you love it or hate it.

>it's that you lack the disciple to focus on the mundane
I've been told this virtually every week of my life. The 10001st time isn't going to make a difference. What do you even think "discipline" is in terms of brain functions, and how one goes about gaining it? Genuine question.

well, to be fair
ADHD is typically accompanied by reduced activity in the prefrontal cortex, to which (simply put) a lot of higher order cognitions like focus and self control are related. To compensate for that lack of activity, the rest of the brain kind of "jumps in", and produces extra stimuli left right and center just to make up for the lack of activity in the prefrontal cortex. This results in a general lack of the ability to focus or concentrate on things that require self control, but could boost focus on stuff that is inherently attractive (generally, stuff that does not require a lot of thought and is keeps presenting new stimuli). It can also cause hyperactivity (because of the increased activity in other parts of the brain). Adderall (or methylfenidate) boosts brain activity in that region, so that the brain doesn't have to make up for the lack of it. So, if you do not have this anomaly in brain activity in that region, taking adderall will make you feel slightly less focused, if nothing else. It may even make you hyperactive. Because your prefrontal cortex is probably active in a normal way.

Now, the degree to which this inactivity of the prefrontal cortex is inactive varies from person to person, and can produce a variety of results in different combinations of other personal factors. A crucial factor in determining whether or not treatment is necessary is that if there is at least a small negative impact on someone's quality of life. For example, 2 people could have the exact same "level of inactivity" in their prefrontal cortex, but if one has certain dispositional or environmental circumstances in which this never becomes a problem, diagnosis and subsequent treatment will never be necessary.

It is likely that everybody has this problem in varying degrees of severity; one can think of it as a personality feature, that can cause suffering in extreme proportions.

cont
Therefore, a cutoff line is made: this person has AD(H)D, and should receive medication.

However, it is not unfathomable that there has been some sort of an over diagnosis of this ailment. Doctors and psychiatrists seem to lump every possible case of a kid acting a little wild into this category; whether it be justly or not. This righteously so is received with public backlash, and criticism.

Let this not think that this is not real, some made up shit, or a pharmaceutical marketing trick. It is a well founded subject in the scientific community, and deserves to be treated with a little more respect than it being labeled as a lack of discipline; or as an excuse do label everything for that matter

OP here, I'm not prescribed it, I just take it once a week or two to knock out a bunch of homework in one go. So not every day, let's just say for all intents & purposes I do it for fun. I probably actually DO have ADHD in some capacity, but I've never bothered going and getting diagnosed, because 1. I actually wouldn't like to take it on a daily basis; I do concede that it probably has a bad net effect on your health & mind and 2. it's easier & cheaper to get in bulk & decent quality on the darkwebz.

I've basically always had problems with eating enough in the first place even without drugs though. So if I could at least eat decent while on it it'd make life easier.

Oh, and another thing
Adderall, or whatever you may call it, is non addictive. You can take it, or leave it at complete liberty. There is no evidence whatsoever that people who regularly take, sometimes take, or have taken these meds have ever felt any withdrawal effects causing them to urge to take more. It simply does not work that way. The parallels people draw with speed or methamphetamines are outright retarded; it's like saying meat is like amphetamines because it also has carbon atoms in it

i'm almost 30 and have pretty bad adhd. i get bored of everything i do after a certain amount of time. i'm just finishing up a college program, and i had to up my doses to be able to deal with the workload. i hate having to take medication but i take dexedrine, and to a lesser extent something similar to ritalin depending on the situation.

i managed to gain about 10 pounds when i stopped bicycling this fall, but remembering to eat, and eat enough is hard when taking that much amphetamines.

i've been stuck at the same weight for about a month now but am training very hard and managing to make gains occasionally.

best bet is to eat calorie dense stuff, and shakes.

Anyone have experience taking 5-HTP?

okay, now I know you're full of shit. It's addictive you faggot. KYS

I personally was, yes because I had more energy and focus to meal prep to perfection, was able to completely focus on my lifts at the gym, was able to make myself exactly to my macros or above. I think I had 30mg, so not super strong but they were amazing for every facet for my life.

Gud post, I appreciate the summary my dude.

only if you crush and rail eight 30mg capsules every day you idiot
It's affect on the central nervous system is fucking pale in comparison to chrystal meth

You can't make this shit up

[citation needed]

oh is that the only way to get addicted to it? you have no idea what you're talking about

>I'm not prescribed it

Oh, so you're just a faggot. Either you have add and it's actually beneficial because it allows you to focus enough to actually think, or you're just a lazy with no willpower.

Actually you're just a faggot. I was prescribed it for a year and had no problem simply stopping once I got in the military. If you actually have add it's not, but if you use it to get high then guess what, you can get hooked on anything that gets you high.

both of you are exaggerating
youtube.com/watch?v=2wNS_aRxTqs
@ 6 mins
they are the same thing in terms of method of action and effect, meth is "all out once" but the same exact thing and the harm is the same as well

lmgtfy.com/?q=is adderall addictive

troll is troll is meme is troll

so you're saying it's addictive? but you didn't get addicted. That's great for you, doesn't change that it's addictive.

Feels bad man.

I got prescribed addy to help me focus at work and now I can't make any gains since I don't eat. Forcing myself to eat just makes me want to kill myself more.

I seem to have made a mistake (long ADHD post user here)
I thought adderall was the same as Ritalin, just another brand name
Figured I'd correct that. Adderall is more related to methamphetamines than Ritalin is. Ritalin is methylphenidate, which is somewhat easier on the addiction thing
I stand corrected niggas, give it to me

hey buddy, welcome to Veeky Forums, read the sticky and the catalog is helpful.

forgot to add vid
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCu5ZcZnoU

ok, yes you fucked up my man. adderral is the big brand name for a combo of d-amphetamine and some other type of -amphetamine salts, its supposed be better then dexidrine which was only one type of -amphetamine salt. meth(amphetamine) has a methyl group attached to the amphetamine and is what allows it to cross the BBB(blood brain barrier) much easier effectively making you feel it "all at once" on the first pass through metabolic system

both meth and adderral have the same negative effects on the human body
meth has been over exaggerated and adderral been under exaggerated and over prescribed.
having said this i like drugs and adderral acceptable to take and okay for a lil extra throughout the day but it makes my dick shrivel and long term use can and most likely effects your heart rate, but i assume with hard work that can be counteracted if you dont consume for more then a year. and dont abuse it. a lot of people say that when they quit it they get "fucked up" for a bit until their body learns how to live and produce more epinephrine on its on without the drug

It's not addictive if used as intended. The only people I've ever seen "addicted" are friends who used more than what they were prescribed, or friends who weren't prescribed at all and just bought it

The literature I've read specifically states that even if used as prescribed, it could be addictive. And I've met people whom became addicted after using it as prescribed.

>affect
Obviously it is having an effect nigga lmao