What are the best biceps curl one could do? ALso, should i be doing 5x5 with my curls?

What are the best biceps curl one could do? ALso, should i be doing 5x5 with my curls?

Idk user I like to take st least 8 dumbbells off the rack and spread the out around me then I grab a set and go til failure then move to next set. Dyels get jealous bc there aren't enough for them but Idgaf I'm fucking swole

If you're doing curls you obviously care more about aesthetics than strength, so it's pretty silly to do sets of 5. 8-12 reps is the generally accepted range for hypertrophy.

>What are the best biceps curl one could do?
It's up to preference. I personally like preachers

>ALso, should i be doing 5x5 with my curls?
No. Training isolation movements like that increases likelihood of injury and is relatively pointless. In general, isolation movements are best left to the 8-12 rep ranges (slightly more or less depending on goals)

Do whatever the fuck you want. We all end up in the same place anyways.

New science shows that to get big biceps with solid definition you need to eat almond butter, quinoa, and aqai berries, and do the Men's Fitness swole biceps to make her drool in time for summer routine.

What if im doing the curls with a barbell, shouldnt I be doing 5x5 then?

It makes no difference what equipment you're using. The 5 and lower rep schemes on compound movements are beneficial for CNS activation since they utilize a number of muscles and their stabilizers to move the weight.

Curls are an isolation movement, which means a single muscle and joint are used. Because of this, CNS usage is is not great and there are very few stabilizers to consider. This puts a larger strain on the single muscle which increases the chances of injury (due to form breakdown or simple overuse).

The goal of isolation movements should be related to fixing weak spots for compound movements, and/or improving the aesthetic quality of a build. Neither of these goals are useful with 5x5 isolation rep schemes

Speaking of 5x5 and curls, which exercises train the biceps in 5x5? OHP and rows? Because neither of them make me feel my biceps at all. Hell, the only places I've been sore since I started my program are my legs and my lower back.

Bench

Slow negative pressing movements can hit the biceps some. Most barbell rows are more back oriented than bicep. Make sure you're doing pullups/chinups

damn, what do you mean by this? i cant comrpehend
btw i lift 4/3/2/1 for 10

Bench destroys my shoulders more than anything else. Hell I think I fucking broke my left rotator cuff, I got a doctor appointment this Wednesday.

I've considered adding pullups/chinups, but I dunno... I should add them if I feel like my arms and upper back are underworked right?

>I should add them if I feel like my arms and upper back are underworked right?
They're good to have in general. IMO, they're one of the movements that you should be doing anyway unless you have some kind of injury preventing it.

If you're doing SS, Rip says to do dips and pull/chinups anyway since they can be useful for some other movements.

Random question, I can't tell if my lower back is sore or injured. I know its been injured before with sharp pain, but for the past 2 weeks it was so sore to the point that I thought if I went any further that I might really injure it.

I also hadn't lifted anything that targeted this area. It was a dull pain that forced me to sleep on my back/constantly stretch after sitting at work.

Am I just being a bitch? Is it just soreness?

If it's been weeks, I'd get it checked out

weighted chinups

bicep is a pulling muscle dummy

Supersetting chinups and concentration curls.

Gained a full inch doing that.

>novice
>placing this much emphasis on the minutiae

Whatever you do make sure your arm isn't straight out in front of you. It should be to your side to elongate the bicep to its fullest. Kinda like pic related

>Bench destroys my shoulders more than anything else.

have you heard about this cool new thing in lifting called form?