Do you guys actually enjoy eating this shit or am i being rused? Im really curious. Its cheap and the macros are great...

Do you guys actually enjoy eating this shit or am i being rused? Im really curious. Its cheap and the macros are great, i just cant keep it down.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/weird/573654/Bumble-Bee-Foods-tuna-cooked-alive-worker-industrial-death
youtube.com/watch?v=O5zwdtYwoGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

those Veeky Forums tuna patties taste unironically great. someone post the recipe im too lazy to type it up

Tuna is the chicken of the sea. So it's bland like chicken AND smells like your mom's pussy.

It's only because it's canned, so it's somewhat rotten. Fresh tuna and fish in general is god tier meat.

To get over the ripeness of it, add hotsauce and mayo.
You can buy the little packets of flavored tuna, those are delicious. But it's easier to just google a tuna patty recipe and make your own.
Or man up and realize that food is fuel and you should just scarf down dat der protein in moderation though, don't want mercury poisoning

i love tuna when cooked and even raw, but the canning really kills it for me. Even when i dress it with mayo, it just tastes like ass. Not even a picky guy.

>somewhat rotten
You have no idea how canning works, do you?
It's parboiled as part of the canning process. Otherwise the can would bulge up and you'd know it's spoiled.

I mix mine with guacamole and it's amazing in a sandwich

If you mix with salsa it's pretty good.

I couldn't stand even the smell of tuna as a kid.
I only buy starkist or whatever the main brand is. I've found an equal ratio of black beans to tuna is a great, fast and easy meal. Just squirt some cock sauce on there, salt and pepper to taste, and nuke it.

I've made tuna patties where you bread them like a meatloaf, and that was probably the best I've ever done, these days I mostly just panfry some tilapia and put it over some broccoli and rice. It's bulking season though, so gotta break out the big guns to really make every calorie and protein count.

Hot sauce is my go to spice, I go through a thing of sriracha per month. it's the cheapest and easiest way to make anything more palatable

Yeah I know about canning, you obviously don't or you'd know that fish has a very short shelf life and the reason canned tuna smells like dirty vag is because it's somewhat rotten. Notice how I compared it to fresh fish. You must not know how fresh fish smells or else you'd recognize the off smell of canned fish for what it is.

You think you're going to call someone out on some basic shit? This isn't me just brainstorming some broscience, I read about it when I wondered why canned tuna smelled so bad. I actually know wtf I'm talking about when I post on this board.

these things i'm assuming?

Yeah they're pretty great...I started throwing in some hot pepper flakes and it gives some nice heat to them. Squeeze some lemon on them and you've got a decent little snack.k

Some Mexican variations (prob from other countries as well)
>option 1: chop a tomato, onion and green pepper if you like and add avcado, use tostadas or crackers if you want
>option 2: mayonnaise with mixed vegetables (peas, corn, etc), you can also use tostadas or crackers
>option 3: get a tortilla and eat it like a taco

>unironically
is this the new "literally"?
fucking faggots learn some english

Thanks!

Slightly related:

Spam Lite is a surprisingly good choice for a budget lifting diet.

1 can has:
>660 Calories
>48g fat
>6g carbs
>54g protein
>3.5g sodium (drink more water!)

Not the best, obviously, but you don't have to cook it, it lasts forever, and mixes well with everything.

Same

#catfood

I eat two cans with some instant ramen. Not the healthiest choices but I'm poor

>1 can of tuna makes 6 patties

Literally how? There's not a lot of tuna in 1 can. And if you eat more than 1 can a day the Mercury with start affecting your brain.

I eat a can of the stuff for lunch most days on its own, it doesn't taste that bad Veeky Forums

Do you eat it seperately?
I usually just empty the can into my rice, heat it all up and cut some vegetables in and it tastes really good.

I don't enjoy food in general, I force myself to eat because I must.

I shit you not user, mix some sesame seeds in white rice, stir that tuna in, apply copious amounts of glorious sriracha, you will be fucking amazed.

These are also a great method for whole sardines, pilchards, sprats and any other small fish

Also add prawns and a little MSG for good taste, or chilli and peppers.

Also great when you cover them in breadcrumbs and/or sesame seeds, flash fry and douse with Worcester sauce or soy sauce

The tuna makes up about 60% of the volume and they're only the diameter of a tuna tin, it's easy to get 5+ out of them, especially if you add extras.

I will literally unironically ultrasonically wolf down tuna straight out of the can with nothing else on or in it with a fork and come back for more

I pity all of you desu

Holy shit drain the water out that looks like shit. Then sprinkle some Old Bay on top and it's delicious.

RICE AND TUNA MAN YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE IT

God damn, this sounds glorious.

I do this too. Although I grew up for years thinking eating out of a can was normal...

>new
The only new thing here is you

I used to fucking love tuna. I'd eat it out of the can every day like a damn cat.
I did this every day for months until I got sick of it.
Last night I attempted to wolf down a tin cause there was nothing else there and I nearly fucking puked.

Maryland detected! Seafood without old bay is a sin.

Don't mix it with mayo you fat fucks. Hot sauce and spicy brown mustard is the key.

bellissimo

how much tuna can i eat a day before i get retarded from mercury poisoning?

Every source i have seen says no more than one can a week. Even less if it's albacore tuna. Eat salmon, more fat but it tastes better and won't melt your brain.

Pretty sure the mercury argument against tuna has been debunked.

Caned tuna by itself is crap, I have to mix it with stuff. Here's a few things I do:

>can of tuna with 4 eggs, scrambled and covered in hot sauce
>tuna with mustard and spices for cuts
>tuna with mustard, mayo, and spices for bulks
>tuna with Mexican style black beans and salsa (canned are fine if going for convenience). I got this one from my old track coach, the protein is great and it tastes good
>tuna with pasta and sauce
>tuna with macaroni and cheese and peas

Damn, that's the expensive stuff, mang.

The damage already seems to have been done. I wouldn't worry about it.

Canned tuna is literally cat food.

Kali pls go

>willingly supporting the over farming of tuna
>willingly destroying the oceans ecosystem because youre a poor fat fuck

Here is the tuna recipe to end all tuna recipes. It's ok and it's fast to make.
>2 cans chunk lite drained
>About a quarter cup mayo
>White balsamic vinegar
>Little salt
>More pepper
>Medium lemon pepper
It's super smashable

Did you read about that engineer who was cooked alive in a massive tuna oven?

Nice in baked beans, which have protein. Probably a lot of salt and sugar too but still...

They cook them in the cans.

see my instinct is to put some mayo in there as well, dunno why the recipe further up excludes mayo

>tuna
>mayo (not maricle whip you cum guzzling faggot. Hellman's only.)
>sweet relish
>chopped up hard boiled eggs
>crumble in some crackers
>mix that shit in a bowl

Tastes gooder'n hell I tell you what. If you have the 'tisum chop up some celery and throw in there as well.

>not eating glorious sardines

not gunna make it m8

might try this

express.co.uk/news/weird/573654/Bumble-Bee-Foods-tuna-cooked-alive-worker-industrial-death

It's safer to smoke a pack a day than it is to eat canned tuna, you retards.

Eat salmon, or better yet - sardines.

Get a grip, you pleb

Mind you, plenty of Americans can't even drink their own tap water without getting sick
You'd have to eat a fuck ton of tuna

>t. Tuna company shill

Just eat salmon. Just as cheap, way less mercury. There is literally no reason to eat tuna.

Eat my tuna pls

I eat Peanut butter out of jar with plastic spoon.

WORKED THREE YEARS AT TUNA PROCESSORS MAKING CANS FOR JOHN WEST
>ask me anything

>the fish is VERY rotten when it goes in.

how the fuck has it got 42g protein?
>can tuna 17g
>egg 6g
>6+7=13?

i will

It says canned tuna not can of tuna.

Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was perviously in cans. you're a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.

>just as cheap

no

> one canned tuna
must be a big can

do you buy 40g cans or something?

Would you still eat a tuna?

youtube.com/watch?v=O5zwdtYwoGo
I've been making this recipe for months now. It's literally a few minutes to make and you have a lunch for a few days. I usually wrap it in a tortilla with some cooked rice, tastes pretty good

Yes, i have started eating it again because i am on the cut from hell and i have no choice.
Before that, i had vowed never to eat it again. They used to train us to "pick out the honeycomb".

The honeycomb being where maggots had eaten sections of it where the fish had been above the brine.

It is as bad as the horror stories say, BUT

>RETORTING KILLS EVERYTHING.

you could literally retort a shit and it would be fine to eat.

Just accept maggots and rotten food are fine. Look at india.

>Eating tuna straight out of the can
Make a patty or a melt out of it.

thanks dude, now I'll never eat tuna again

What the hell is retorting?

this.

nah seriously, it's where they heat the fuck out of the cans when they seal them.

just open it. spill fucking oil in separate container and wait it drain a bit then put that thing on plate add some vegetables and eat. its awesome.

>Every source i have seen says no more than one can a week

I eat like 3 cans a week.

Am I fucked lads?

3.5g sodium? thats 1.5x the daily limit and i already eat about 3-4g per day

>that first can of the day

gtfo

eja, junior

Yuck. Buy solid chunk white tuna.

for you

I fucking love tuna.

>Falling for the mercury meme

I eat like 6 per week

>Can't add a low-calorie emulsifier derived from eggs to a almost 100% pure protein source or you'll be fat

Then stop being poor. Today I ate chicken breast, lean ground turkey, pork bacon, lean beef steak, a tilapia filet, and some mexican chorizo. Met my protein goal and loved what I ate.

holy shit got this from costco and its so good with rice. the fucking best in terms of taste