Fph

>mother started eating 'healthy'
>eats yogurt and strawberries for breakfast
>'At first I didnt really like it, but now I just add a tablespoon of sugar to it and its much better!'
>Doest change anything else in her diet

FPH thread to make me feel like this is normal and I dont just come from a retarded family?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bsWvaWOJFqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My hamplanet of a brother at dinner the other night
>im just gonna have a salad
>proceeds to cover lettuce, cucumbers and spinach leaves in about a half a pound of shredded cheese and drowns the whole thing in dressing
Mfw

>a half a pound

huh?

She has a point tho.

About eating 300 kcals a day and exercising for three hours?

>I tried to get in better shape but my stupid body kept breaking the laws of physics!

about 225 grams you meathead

I think gran gran will live longer and happier if there isn't a greasy ball of fuckup near her.

o shit, this.
>parents make salad for me since im dieting
>1/3 vegetables
>1/3 mayo
>1/3 condensed milk

To be fair to her, the sea of absolutely reckless misinformation that exists about fitness and diet is borderline impossible for lots of people. Even personal trainers are against you.

Guys have it easier - lifting heavy etc is talked about a lot among guys, but women are bombarded with fad diets, 'toning' and straight up lies on a daily basis. No wonder they don't know what the fuck to do.

Don't shit on them, show them the way.

Them scientists be lying, and making me pissed.

It is easy to count calories and to do some exercise. You don't need any PTs or complex lectures.

You have a point.

I took a food and nutrition class in high school and I quite literally NEVER heard of "calories in vs. calories out"

All we talked about was fucking eating "healthy" (following food guides) and fad diets.

most of them are fucking delusional and lie to themselves as well man
"no man this pizza had like 200 calories so I ate like 3 of them"

A fat, middle-aged acquaintance recently declared that she's got a new weight loss trick.

If I remember correctly, it's honey and cinnamon "tea". I don't think there's any actual tea (which would be a stimulant and, arguably, a weight loss aid), it's just honey and cinnamon in water. You make it at night, drink half of it, then put the rest in the fridge for morning.

Mind you, no other change is made to one's diet. It doesn't replace dinner or breakfast.

SHE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THIS WILL BURN FAT.

So I looked into it. The cinnamon is obvious. It's hot, so it burns fat, right? Actually, I don't know where people get the idea that cinnamon is some kind of "thermogenic" compound, but I strongly suspect it's ultimately the "heat = fat burning" aspect.

As for the honey part, check this shit out. There was a study done on the effects of SUGAR versus HONEY in people at-risk for blood sugar problems. The study was on something like 30 people (so, tiny sample), relied on self-reporting (so, unreliable), and noted something like a 1% loss in body weight in the honey group.

Blogs all over the fucking Internet have taken this pop-sci-summarized headline, combined it with another pop-sci-summarized headline, and built the ultimate imaginary fat burner.

It's so goddamn infuriating. Remind me again, why am I not selling useless weight loss "supplements" again? Just learn to write clickbait headlines, apply the theory to weight loss, and make millions.

The problem with women is that they don't want to hear the truth.
They want to hear that there are easy and pleasant ways to achieve their goals and they going to use them right away.

You see that kind of mentality described in this video for example
youtube.com/watch?v=bsWvaWOJFqA

>The problem with women is that they don't want to hear the truth.

Dude, you clearly have not spent much time in the workplace around middle-aged guys.

The delusion is not restricted to one sex.

Sister in law talks about the genetics making her carry so much extra weight. This after I watch her finish her slices of pizza off with a cheeseburger. She continues to believe that her weight is all genetics works in a kitchen now so her weight has gone up and her body is giving her more problems from hauling all that fat.

Only really feel bad for her kids two in highschool packing on pounds because of shit diet catching up with them. Niece talks about eating chips dipped in frosting. Hope maybe one of them will listen to my advice some day.

>you clearly have not spent much time in the workplace around middle-aged guys.
I've been working for over a decade now and an average age of my coworkers always was around 35-45.
You talk to them, describe the situation and find a solution we both agree on. And worst case scenario men will just accept that they're losers. Women on average are looking for excuses or forcing their views on other people

oh fuck this.
take 15 minutes to figure out calories and nutrition. Download fitness pal on your pink iphone 6+ with the hello kitty case.
Use fitness pal on your pink iphone 6+.
Run.

as apposed to:
run and lifting and couting calories and altering your diet to get shit tones of protein. make sure you t is high enough etc etc.

>not using gender
Bless you man.

Eat less, move more

Thing is, even if you tell them what works - they don't want to hear it. I've explained calories in vs calories out a million times to my mum and ex gf. But mum instead wants to rely on 'not eating carbs after 6 except if I really want to' and ex gf insisted on her inability to gain weight due to the pill and her fast metabolism and how much she's already eating (which she's not). They don't want to hear what works, they want to hear what supports their opinion.

To be fair, it kinda worked for my mum - probably because it makes her eat less and she's quite diciplined about it.

>You talk to them, describe the situation and find a solution we both agree on. And worst case scenario men will just accept that they're losers.

Nah, bullshit. Fat, unhappy men are just as pathetic and self-pitying as women.

The only difference you're seeing is that women are more likely to express their idiotic convictions, particularly online.

Veeky Forums is literally the only place I see this. Well, and Reddit comments where people say, "did you just assume my X?!"

It's like the "identity politics" thing. I only ever see people complaining about it, but I never see the thing being complained about.

>and ex gf insisted on her inability to gain weight due to the pill and her fast metabolism and how much she's already eating (which she's not). They don't want to hear what works, they want to hear what supports their opinion.

Jesus Christ, flashbacks to every whiny, Auschwitz mode guy I've ever met.

"But I eat just as much as everyone else!" Yeah, dumbfuck, at LUNCH, the only meal of the day where you're around your { coworkers, friends }. Also, you're 6'3" and your { coworkers, friends } are all under 5'10".

>To be fair, it kinda worked for my mum - probably because it makes her eat less and she's quite diciplined about it.

Gimmicks are great if they accidentally lead to fewer calories being taken in.

For example, I've pushed the "bok choy" diet. You eat a lot of bok choi. Stir fry chicken and bok choy, maybe some ginger, some soy sauce, and make sure to start with sliced onions and pepper (hnnnng makes me so hungry).

Fatties will be like, "wow, does bok choy burn fat?" No, you fat fuck, you're centering every meal around vegetables by doing this, and bok choy is extremely low calorie for the bulk you're eating. But don't tell them that part, or the illusion is broken and they lose interest.

condensed milk and mayo????????????????? do people eat this shit?

>Gotta add sucrose to my fructose and lactose

She's a sugar junkie, deal with it