Let's get a home gym thread going boys

Let's get a home gym thread going boys
My brother moved out so I use his room as a home gym

Other urls found in this thread:

slickdeals.net/e/8506001-cap-barbell-chrome-weight-bar-7-22-83-5-14-55-free-store-pickup-walmart?v=1&src=SiteSearch
walmart.com/ip/16541570?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000808609&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40331845712&wl4=pla-78294236312&wl5=9033664&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=16541570&wl13=&veh=sem
imgur.com/a/dTBzr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's meh. Not as much room to have it as I'd like.

I had limited space in my basement for this, but it's so much better than going to the gym, especially with winter here now

Mines in ma garden

>140 is the max i can put on my bar
Fucking sucks, need to buy some new equipment.

inside

Inspiration

neato

Do anyone here have any experience with "standart" 1 inch bars? I got some plate with 1 inch hole for free and now I can't decide if I should sell them and buy regular olympic plates and bar, or try use the.

>buy regular olympic plates and bar

i use those bars there fine obviously they weigh less so just make sure you know what the weight of the bar is otherwise you wont know how much your lifting lol i use a 6ft 1inch bar and it weighs 10kg

inb4 floor, shit always comes up.
floor is fine.

Have you tried loading more than 305?

I have seen a guy on IG, who did 190kg x 11 deadlift 1 inch bar. I think you will be fine

Do you have to be careful while deadlifting?

>I have seen a guy on Instagram
Legit source

you literally lift in a cuck shed?

do you see the black mats?
they are usually for washing machines. they absorb most of the force, I also dont drop them 100% like a retard.

Get a single pipe. That fitting in the center is a weak point. I also can't imagine it would feel too great directly on your spine if you try squatting with it.

I was thinking about doing a small home gym when I move.

Is there such a thing like a squat rack I could do pullups and dips on, and still throw a bench in there for presses?

No more carbs for you today after all that jelly.

yeah i deadlift 350 with it fine

Just build yourself

>at least noah was swolle when he and his family drowned

>Just build yourself

what is free space
what is time

A solid/basic new is like what, 400-500$?
I think/hope most people here are adults and can afford that shit. I mean I would love to build something like that myself but I dont have the time nor the space for stuff like that.

Do you have plans for that platform that you could share with everyone?

manlet detected

the adjustable rack in this does squats and dips and u can through a bench on it aswell cant do pullups though

If you don't have space for one you build, how will you have space for one that you don't?

post plans for this or where can you find this shit

i bench 3pl8 on my 1inch bar and it don't even bend yet, i think 305 is fine with clips but it will bend a little

Bro buy some rubber horse stall mats from a tractor/farm supply store, $40 for a 4'x6', well worth it

but the shit I use is already rubber and made for washing machines, was 25€ just for the 2 mats.

Iam quite sure it absorbs enough force, I doubt new horse stall mats will be any better than what I already use.

Its comfy when dry but these days its always raining. Also it's a bit cold in winter.

i bet it looks way easier that it actually is to build this

cumfart

Nice.
Only thing I'd add is a makeshift bar where you can do pull ups somewhere on the bar.
And maybe in the future I'd add a power rack.
Pretty nice gym though.

Poor fag here, my ghetto setup, swapped my TV to some guy that was selling it (I don't watch it anyway). I don't have a car so had to steal a shopping trolley just to get it to my house haha :) I got over 100kg in weights, bar is weak but I'm sure I'll scrounge a better one when someone throws it out ;)

>sorry for sideways jpg, my phone always does this

i have this for pullups atm

ayy i have the same dumbells they are so fucking big its so annoying... I look like lifting millions of tons while for realz lifting just a few grams

Haha, true ;) I keep looking on Facebook market and free cycle for iron weights, but nobody ever gives them out for free, they charge money even if they're rusty af, it's stupid

yeah i just bought mine cuz they where cheap... Atleast a friend of mine gave me a bench for free :D

BLACK PIPE IS BRITTLE. DO NOT USE BLACK PIPE FOR THIS PURPOSE. DO NOT USE BLACK PIPE FOR SAFETY BARS. Just plain DO NOT USE BLACK PIPE.

Holy shit, people. You can find Oly bars sold through WalMart for under twenty fucking dollars!

slickdeals.net/e/8506001-cap-barbell-chrome-weight-bar-7-22-83-5-14-55-free-store-pickup-walmart?v=1&src=SiteSearch

And ironically, black pipe is really fucking expensive.

Please tell me that's held together with lag bolts and not fucking decking screws. I mean, I know it's held together with decking screws (or nails), but please just lied to me.

Nopix but I have a bench, powerblocks, bodylastics resistance bands & pullup bar. I have an oly bar & Troy VTX pl8s but there's not enough space in the apartment to lift with the bar.

Please say you and your brother lived together and not you still fucking live with your parents.

>Wanted a home gym
>Always thought it'd be really awesome waking up and lifting
>Started going to a real gym (not that commercial shit)
>Great atmosphere and motivation
>Long walkway for sled pulls, pushes, farmers walks, sandbag carries, sledgehammers, and other awesome shit to use for conditioning
>tfw wouldn't work in a home gym
I still want a home gym though.

Not the best carpenter in the world...

got them stall mats on lockdown

>what could go wrong

oo blimey boy got some nice dumbbells it seems

>that Serena

lul

looks pretty comfy, how long have you had this setup?

Simple stuff. I use the ottoman as a bench. Who else /smallapartment/ here?

These any good bros?

I feel like serious weight could topple it/

Yeah look thats what i use its actually really sturdy

what dumbbells do you lads use? I would ideally like adjustable dumbbells with plates and would like to be able to have them ranging from 10-50kg. Anyone know anything that fits this criteria?

you would have to buy some of those thin plates for the heavy dumbbells if you did that otherwise you would have like some huge 10kg plates on your dumbbells

I'm getting a squat rack and bench press for Christmas. Its almost time to leave the gym membership behind.

I'm getting a bench press and Squat rack this Christmas. Soon I get to leave the gym membership for good. Also have an treadmill and rowing machine for cardio off camera.

>indian clubs
POO IN LOO

Fucking double post.

That's what I use, they are great and take up way less space than a full set. The only thing I don't like is constantly having to put new plates on or off of them for reps.

>That's what I use,
do you have any recommendations? only ones i can see cost like 300 dollars i dunno why

I live in a 20 square meter appartment.
I have plenty of space for squat stands, and a short barbell and still plenty of space for living.

Personally I would lurk on craigslist every day and wait for something to pop up cheap. But these at Wall mart and stuff arent bad.

walmart.com/ip/16541570?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000808609&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40331845712&wl4=pla-78294236312&wl5=9033664&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=16541570&wl13=&veh=sem

Then with a set of plates you are looking at like 200ish brand new or like 50-100 used. But the plates can be used for all of your other bars so its a good long term investment.

Or did you mean these?

Never been a huge fan, dont know why. They seem meme to me.

Those any good? I just started putting my stuff together and looking for sports mats, they seem overly expensive. I'm guessing they're basically the same thing? Looked on the net and they're real cheap.

not him, but imgur.com/a/dTBzr

I'm looking at doing it myself as well, but will just be a squat rack because of space. Time is not so much a problem and it's kinda relaxing, plus I enjoy using stuff I build myself.

I didnt understand at first. Very nice gym anyway.

But if you can keep the gym looking so good. Fucking organize the rest of the place!

they're fine, but after like 5 years of use some of the weights no longer properly attack to the bar

PAJEET DETECTED

Very nice. You need a speed bag bro. You box? I took some lessons and loved it, but hit a bit of a downhill in life and my finances aren't able to afford them anymore. One day I hope to be back.

I can be your lag bolt tonight bby

FUCKING COMFY 10/10

Jaden Smith detected

>no results on google

do you have neighbours nearby?

can't stop getting digits

this is legitimately the best thing that's happened to me all week

Garden implies more than just trees. Nice gym regardless

aw ye aw ye

do those kettlebells have gorilla heads?

mirin poverty home gym

cm0n lads!

rate mine

Hey rippletits, it's good to see you're back at it

kys

how to go full home gym in an apt with other people living underneath?

mirin hard