Ask a supplement store owner anything

Ask a supplement store owner anything

What brands are legit and what brands are bullshit?

Yo bro you got any secret supps to help me get BIG??

how do your parents feel their child is a grown glorified storeclerk

Is that you? DYEL????
No thanks bro, don't want any of your supplements.

lolololol laffin muh bag off cuz u sed dyel

Tough to say, alot of brands are bullshit. You also have to account for the fact that alot of supplement companies purposely mislabel their products because you have up to a 25% "room for error" on the supplement and nutrition facts.
If you have the money, Even though its a little pricy, ive always been a big big fan of Gaspari products as a whole.

LEL its pretty funny because i have 10 dyels a day that come in here and ask me that. They get pretty sad when i tell them they actually have to lift.

how

naww not me.

What are the best brands of preworkout? Best brands of creatine?

I'm talking in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.

Bonus points if you know Canada products too.

My personal favorite pre workouts are
Inspired DVST8
Myoblox Loco
Nutrex Outlift
Legion pulse

All of these pre workouts have something in common. Clinical dosing of active ingredients for actual effectiveness. Most people think that the only thing you want in pre is caffeine. Which is why we dont carry shit products like c4 here.

im not familiar with canadian products so i cant really speak about them. As far as creatine goes, i personally just stick to monohydrate which is the most affordable. I cant really say that ive ever seen a difference from one brand to another, and as long as youre buying from a reputable GMP brand, i cant imagine the quality would ever vary too much.

I do sell alot of EFX Kre Alkalyn here in store. Which gives you 90% effectiveness of regular creatine but doesnt give you the water bloat.

What are the requirements to work at a supplement store? It seems like the owners are usually at least sort of jacked, but everyone else is super scrawny. When you interview people, what is the bare minimum you look for as far as physical ability or athleticism?

I couldnt really say. Right now its just me and my 2 brothers running the shop and were all pretty fit. I couldnt imagine ever hiring someone at least in the next couple of years. Every time i ever went to a supp shop, it was either the owner who helped me(who was usually really smart) or a dipshit misinformed kid. I dont think you can really hire someone who is fit, knows their shit, and who wants to work for 10 an hour.

>They get pretty sad when i tell them they actually have to lift.

nah brah. I heard you can take certain supps that pack on the LBS without even training!

If I'm just buying protein powder does brand matter?

Yes, there are a million supplement companies popping up every year who arent even GMP, FDA or 3rd party tested. Now that doesnt mean that you have to pay top dollar for protein. You can buy good protein for a cheap price but online its pretty hit and miss. sites regularly sell liquidated, expired product or chinese counterfit shit. Just use common sense, if youre buying a 5lb tub of protein that advertises 30g a scoop, 70 servings for 35 bucks then its probably too good to be true.

How does it feel to sell crap that doesn't work?

Are you happy selling snake oil to people?

how do you still earn money if myprotein is so fucking cheap and high in quality?

I'm not nutrishop or GNC. My brother is a nutritionist, so I'd like to think we go above and beyond for our customers to make sure we are actually giving them things they need. We don't carry any house brand trash here so I will have to disagree with you guys. There is a lot if misinformation with supplements but I don't choose to go that route to make a living

Because people come to my store for customer service, to learn how to implement supplements into a healthy diet, to get diet plans and advice, to actually learn about the products they're buying. Not everyone shops online bro. besides, if you're not going to corporate supp shops, mom and pop shops like mine are pretty comparable to online prices

Not him but
>Because people come to my store for customer service, to learn how to implement supplements into a healthy diet, to get diet plans and advice, to actually learn about the products they're buying.
Examine.com
np

>Not everyone shops online bro. besides, if you're not going to corporate supp shops, mom and pop shops like mine are pretty comparable to online prices
Outright false and ridiculous. You're relying on big brands which already have an online presence and scale of economy and the few that aren't/don't are inherently expensive by simple function

Also which third world country do you live in that people don't shop online?

Not everyone is a seasoned lifter. Think of how clueless you were when you first started. These are the people I love helping and guiding in the right direction.

Also I am on average much cheaper than nutrishop and gnc plus I price match Bb.com so pls stahp.

So if I were to go for a shop and just ask whatever the cheapest option on shelf was would I look like a retard?

>Not everyone is a seasoned lifter. Think of how clueless you were when you first started. These are the people I love helping and guiding in the right direction.
Examine.com
np

>Also I am on average much cheaper than nutrishop and gnc plus I price match Bb.com so pls stahp.
Then you're defying every law of business and economy known to man

You're talking directly out of your shitter and this is why you own an obsolete store instead of a growing supplement business.

How do you live with yourself?

What does nutritionist mean in this case? He has a degree in food science? A cert? A dietitian?

"Nutritionist" doesn't mean anything out of context

Do you sell super male vitality?

Was this a subtle jab at myprotein? Their stuff seems bretty good at least. Opinions?

>gives all his business to online stores instead of supporting local taxpaying businesses
>doesn't realize that companies including my own stick to MAP pricing
>I'm opening a 2nd store in 6 months

Holy shit buddy I don't know why you're so mad. Maybe leave your basement instead of buying everything online and doing calisthenics

Nah they're stuff is good. I can't argue that. They don't spend much on marketing, putting all their efforts into making their products affordable.

What's a decent legal high that's not marijuana? talk about mood enhancers in general.

Major in Kines and minor in nutrition

The best nootropic I've ever tried is Skywalk by myoblox. I take it every morning

>>gives all his business to online stores instead of supporting local taxpaying businesses
>tax should be collected locally

>>doesn't realize that companies including my own stick to MAP pricing
No idea what that is, I forgot you were in a third world shit hole

Also learn to greentext

I run two businesses and it shocks me that someone as simultaneously full of shit and stupid as yourself is succeeding

c'est la commerce

Please stop talking, you're making me actively stupider listening to you

>MAP pricing
>No idea what that is

well, at least we know you don't run businesses that have anything to do with retail...

What is the secret phrase we need to say in order to get you to sell us the steroids that we both know you definitely keep hidden in the back?

It shocks me that someone as successful as yourself is so short sighted in basic economics that he feels the need to throw his .02 cents into an industry that he absolutely knows fucking nothing about.
I'm in California btw so maybe it is a shithole

looks like it's a B12 shot, that would do the trick but I'd worry about taking it every day, that's a high dose

If you knew anything about retail you would know what it is.

Minimum advertised pricing protects a brands price integrity. It also allows them to patrol business, retail and online alike, from going into price wars. In the end it's better for small businesses because it means we can still compete with the likes of Bb.com and others while still making money if we price match

I don't carry gear. I carry some medium strength phs from hi-tech pharma

Rich Piana told us not to use protein shakes. He said that real food will always be better than powdered shakes. This true?

What are some of your favorite protein brands/flavors? I need some variety and would love an official opinion.

I agree

Best flavor from them?

Best bang for buck? I personally take Nutrex protein. Its affordable, macros are good, and it actually tastes great. Probably one of the only chocolate other than ONs that is actually creamy with water. Right now I'm drinking the chocolate banana crunch and fffuuuuuuaarrrrk it's good. You can get 5lbs for like 45 bucks

Couldn't tell you. My protein doesn't do retail distribution as far as I know

Startup cost?

How much inventory do you have?

How do I make wholesale contacts?

What liquid capital do I need?

What is the best market? Women?

Thanks man, I am gonna give them a shot.

What are some essential supps for someone wanting to lower bf% while getting swole? I am not trying to get in with the meme shit, I am eating at a deficiency and working out 4 times a week, hitting my macros etc. I was just wondering if there are any test boosters, or whatever that will help me out.

Thanks for this thread

Hey OP, been buying Walmart powder for a while. Have had great results so far but I also eat an insane amount of protein in my unsupplemented diet as well. Are brands from Wally World like Six Star decent or is it throwing money away?

Cost us about 45k to start up. That was including marketing. We have around 20-25k in inventory wholesale.
Get your DBA from the state, and contact distributors. All they ask for is your proof of business and from there, depending on how much you're buying, you can work on pricing. There aren't any contracts though.
I paid everything up front, since I had some money saved.
My market is 80% men probably but that will depend on your area and what gyms are nearby.
I would start off with the basics man. Multi, omegas, carnitine TARTRATE. Be wary of test boosters. Most won't do shit for you unless you're 40+
With that being said Inspired neutra makes a product called lgnd that's pretty solid if you really want to go that route.

Six star is being sued. Don't buy your shops from Wal-Mart m8

So where should I get carnitine and tartrate from? I have been taking the rest already (and haven't really noticed a difference)

Not OP but there was a recent investigation that found pretty much al generic supplements were garbage and didn't contain the listed ingredients in the quantities advertised, sometimes none at all, so I'd find a way to verify what you're pounding down over there if I were you

will you pay me $10 a night to sweep your shop floor?

Yes

Naww I meant if you're going to take carnitine, only buy carnitine tartrate, the other forms are pretty useless in terms of bioavailability. If you're trying to lose body fat, carnitine tartrate, cla, and yohimbe are all great and pretty affordable. Some fat burners are ok. Most are bullshit. The ones that are good will have heavy doses of what i mentioned above, plus other compounds to help curb appetite.

If I put whey powder in my butt, will my legs grow faster because the whey is absorbed closer to them?

Holy shit...I have that capital.

Monthly income?

Right now we're at 18k a month in sales after only 6 months.

How big is dat dere local population?

So what's the net income?

6-7k

are you paying yourselves salaries yet or running it back into the business? how much debt do you have? S-corp?

What supplements will help me get a gf?
pls respond

Llc. Naw me and my brothers have a bit saved up. Too many mouths to feed anyways even if we were paying ourselves. All the profit is going back into the business. When we open our second location we'll have disposable income

They're not sold over the counter. Go to your doctor and tell them you're a dyel who identifies as a gym shark and he'll prescribe you your "supps".

I buy my shit on sale. Some protein powders are amino spiked and some aren't. I would just use a protein shake as a glorified chocolate milk drink and be the only source of protons. Stick with real food°

What are the essentials for someone new to lifting but wanting to improve as quickly as possible (while still losing weight)?

My problem is that I'm am totally skint. Currently I spend about £1.50 a day on food but the only way I can afford to get enough protein with that is by eating 20 eggs.

This is not fun if you are wondering.
Breakfast-6 eggs, homemade bread
Lunch-10 eggs, homemade bread with multivitamin.
Dinner-4 eggs, homemade bread with multivitamin.
On top of this I eat any veg that is reduced from the supermarket at 11pm.

I haven't done the math to check what is cheaper. I'm living off oats eggs and protein shake w a multi desu. I'm broke as fuck atm

I cannot recommend late night reduced veg shopping enough. It's adds enough variety to my food to keep me from giving up and going skeleton mode.

Are testosterone boostersr bullshit or what? Every major brand sells them in a pill form. What would they even do, give you more boners throughout the day or some shit? Worth it?

They don't do that here in U.S. if I asked for reduced veggies the ladies would be like "this nigga -.- "

You sure this isn't placebo? I find it hard to believe paying 75 bucks for a fucking canister of powder is gonna make me feel anything even slightly close to smoking a joint

Why aren't you Tim Muriello?

Where are you located also do you have security camera in the store? Not planning on robbing you or anything just wondering.

good man. don't fall for that "go into crippling debt for ridiculous growth" meme you get at smb seminars and related bullshit. pay your bills, reinvest in smart stuff, don't buy that goddamned boat yet and tel your wife/gf to STFU about that fucking vacation.

10 years of solid progress in the black and you'll be sitting pretty high enough to cut loose and get some big boy toys